Honey water questions Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Liquid Culture: Karo/Honey/Dextrose Q&A Honey water questions Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

ty (Tydyemicrobus)
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 08:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi everyone..

I innoculated a pint jar of honey water about 2 weeks ago now, and the water just looks a little foggy.. and i c little things floating around everywhere.. Is this mycelia? is it good to use right now or do i have to wait longer? What does good honey water look like when it is best to use?

I also did another honey jar a week ago and it is starting to look just like the first one so I am thinking I followed the tech right.. I just need some advice if you guys here could give some.. thnx..

Also, When do i put the honey jars in the fridge to save? after the first use? or after specific amount of time??

I will be using this honey water to innoculate pints of corn.. Is this a very successful way? does anybody know how much faster it is??

new_shroomin_guynyc (Jay)
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 09:36 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Honey water seems to take off really fast if done correctly. However, I've noticed really fast results with multi-spore innoculation on popcorn, seeing fully colonized pint jars on an average of 7-8 days. Honey water being cloudy may be mycelia or contams. If you've grown before you'd be able to look into the jar and tell if it's mycelia by examining it closely. Unfortunately the only comparison I can give you is that it looks like semen in liquid but semi-fibrous. I apologize for the comparison but it is the closest thing to a healthy looking honey tek jar. some pics of what mycelium will look like in honey water. Another thing is that it will begin to come together and and not be as a bunch of idividual pieces unless you shake it. Once the honey water is ready is about the right time to put it in the fridge fo preservation. This usually coincides with ur first use of it. If you're still unsure as to whether you were succesful you can innoculate on jar and let it grow out and see if it's clean.
-Jay

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2003 - 11:57 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:

does anybody know how much faster it is??

about 5-6 days

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: