Mad hatter's Brew (honey water)?... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Liquid Culture: Karo/Honey/Dextrose Q&A Mad hatter's Brew (honey water)? Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Isaak (Antfarm)
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 04:48 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I baught this jar of stuff called "Mad Hatter's Brew" from a website a few days ago and it's supposed to be able to multiply your syringe by 10 fold. I innoculate the brew with 10cc of spore solution and then incubate it at 86F for like 5 days. I can then use this brew as if it was spore solution to innoculate my substrate jars.

Has anyone heard of this and if so, is the process I described accurate? The seller didn't inculde instructions.

polly ester (Carcenogenic)
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 08:49 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my guess is that it is honey water or possibly karo water. when you make the new syringes be sure and use a glove box.

karo water seems to work best and is not very difficult to make with a p/c'er and some free time. honey water when it is p/c'ed has globs of wax and what not in it. karo is more gooder. possibly the gooderest.

xoxo
polly

faht (Fahtphish)
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 09:18 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i prefer potato water over just karo... i boil about six potatoes for 10-15 min. and use that water with a "dab" of karo, like a nice sized drop. per 150 cc/ml of tater juice. PC for 20-25 min. at 15 psi works great. don't use a lot of karo at all just a dab for good measure.

faht

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 12:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

proly just dextrose or powdered malt,
hope you didn't pay much as it's dirt cheap at any brew supply.
see http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/2558.html

no way, though, does it need 10 cc of spores ,
a couple cc is plenty to start it.

Voodoo (Voodoo)
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 03:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hips right. Its just light malt extract. You got raped. Live and learn.

Isaak (Antfarm)
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 06:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for answeres everyone,

If his stuff really works and I can make it myself that would rock. Does anyone know of a website or a book that has specific intructions and or pictures on how to make this brew ?

p.s. I just stumbled onto this message board and I love it.

Voodoo (Voodoo)
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 07:07 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just get some light malt extract add some water and PC. Iv heard of people adding yeast to the mix, but I never have myself. ;)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2003 - 08:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and look in our archives here for karo/honey teks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: