Shrooms grow towards light....what's ... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Light Shrooms grow towards light....what's the light like in your grow chamber? Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Clay (Jjhendrix)
Username: Jjhendrix

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 05:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm using a fish tank as a terrarium. And my cakes are just starting to pin. This is my second grow. I was wondering if any of you try and control the direction your shrooms grow in by directing the light that they get. I put cardboard over the outside of the sides of my fish tank so that the only light that gets in is from the top. Think this is a good idea?
Anyone have any pictures of crazy things they have done with screwing with light and growing shrooms?
Btw, i used the same fish tank as a terrarium for my first grow and didn't have anything covering the sides and i had a very successful grow. I'm wondering if i shouldn't fix something that isn't broke.
Thanks.

faht (Fahtphish)
Username: Fahtphish

Post Number: 350
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 06:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

your boomers will grow towards a blue light more than a red one, if at all. if you put a small florescent light directly above the terr. with cardboard on the sides they should grow directly up. the florescent will also intiate pinning faster too. you can make your mushies look like zig zags if you move the light from side to side everyday once the cap starts breaking away from the stem. :-)

fahtster

JRK (Godfetish)
Username: Godfetish

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 10:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If your grow was good, then don't worry about it. The must have been getting enough light.

My first grow was in a 25 gallon very low and long fish tank with no direct light, nothing blocking the sides and saran wrap for the top. I can definately say that they worked fine!

farmerlucky03 (Farmerlucky03)
Username: Farmerlucky03

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 01:44 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have found that indirect light works better then direct light. Experiment and let us know how it goes
"COWBOY"

Voodoo (Voodoo)
Username: Voodoo

Post Number: 40
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 04:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mother nature knows best. Iv screwed with light a LOT. Natural is where its at. In the proper proportions too BTW. ;)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: