Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi Mushrooms)... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Non Cubie Shrooms Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi Mushrooms) Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Extracting the Medicine from Reishi mushroomsCleanjarStephen L. Peele3 1 12-30-03  03:34 am

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Soma (Mikrotaster)
Username: Mikrotaster

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 02:32 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been taking reishi for about 2 years now pretty regularly and I must say that this mushroom really does live up to its reputation as the ultimate adaptogen.

The effects are definately noticable. For me, it acts excellently as an anti-inflammitory, as well as improving my sleeping patterns, and raising energy. Something I cannot really say definatively because other factors may be at work, is that it seems to give me a more calm and happy state of mind in the long run. But again this is very speculative.

This is one herb that dosen't need the overhyped marketing that's so prevalent in the herb industry today.

I just wanted people to know about this herb, which has really benefited me.

shroomkalthoom (Shroomkalthoom)
Username: Shroomkalthoom

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2003 - 04:06 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've taken reshi in the past, and found it helpful for my immune stystem.

I'm thinking of trying to grow it. Anyone have any pointers?

Natura (Natura)
Username: Natura

Post Number: 113
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 10:22 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Reishi helps human well, but I have no data bout long time use. anyone have it ?

(Message edited by natura on September 20, 2003)
N+

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 6521
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 01:53 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what's an 'adaptogen' anyway ?
http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/1/29852.gif

Roc (Rochester)
Username: Rochester

Post Number: 522
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 01:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey N+ how did ya get a picture of my rat Onzlow???

Roc

Machine (Machine)
Username: Machine

Post Number: 139
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 02:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To be considered an adaptogen, a plant must conform to the following criteria:

The plant must be nontoxic and totally harmless to the body. It must allow the continuing normal physiological functioning of the individual.
The action it exerts must be nonspecific and should maintain normal body functions despite a wide range of onslaughts to the body (i.e., stress).
It should normalize body functions irrespective of existing pathological condition.
This is a tall order for one substance. Unlike drugs which carry with them the possibility of side effects, adaptogens must benefit the body without disturbing it or doing any harm. Not many plants possess adaptogenic properties.
"Count not him among your friends who will retail your privacies to the world."
-Publilius Syrus

Jorneyer (Jorneyer)
Username: Jorneyer

Post Number: 178
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 02:45 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

have you heard of Ashwanganda? Also known as Indian Ginseng? Could meet your criteria. Seems to work for me.

ridder (Ridder)
Username: Ridder

Post Number: 557
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 07:21 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i can personally attest for mushrooms anti-inflammitory and muscle-skeletal benefits. I'll often trip the day after an INTENSE deep tissue massage and i'll have full movement without pain for a day and a half after trippin (including the trip time). it is the best medicine i've ever taken to regain mobility without pain. i really think shrooms help flush out your muscles, tendons and ligaments (unlike acid which leaves ya stiff, go figure).

ridder (Ridder)
Username: Ridder

Post Number: 558
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 07:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

whoops, i'm referring to plain ol' cubensis for what i'm talkin about. :-)

FarmerWop (Croppinsloppy)
Intermediate Member
Username: Croppinsloppy

Post Number: 67
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 03:21 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've been using ganoderma for something like 6 monthes now...

I collected ganoderma tsugae specimens from the wild and made my own extract. Following advice I got from toxicman?(I think) at the shroomery, I soaked in equal proportions of heated everclear(grain alk) and water, then reduced the volume on the stove. Before-hand I used tin-snips to cut the mushrooms into pieces...they are very tough and woody. Some pics!

A beautiful fruitbody:
Upload

The vial of extract....
Upload
keep refridgerated. I use 3-5 drops in my drink twice each day. :-)

Soliver (Soliver)
Username: Soliver

Post Number: 352
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 08:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've read about this before -
What does it do for you?

thx

Sol

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Username: Mycophil

Post Number: 479
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 08:48 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jorneyer , can you tell more about the Ashwanganda ,i'm growing these for some years now and they do fine
how do you use 'em ?

Post Number: 487
Posted on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 12:25 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i've bought some dried reishi's today and wanted to try making a culture from spores inside , the rest of the reishi i would like to extract using the double extraction tek , i have never done this , can anyone give more info on this ?
on this site :
http://www.x-bio.com.tw/portforlio_of_the_reishi_farm_and_plant.htm
i've found this :
The Dual-Phase Extraction
First Phase : Extraction by low temperature alcohol.

Second Phase : Extraction by high temperature water.
any idea how long and what temps should be used ?
it looks like the 2 extractions are needed to get the full scala of active components out of the reishi , also interesting i find an article that describes that the most of these active components can be found in the mycelium so a good tek for mycgrowing could be beneficial for faster production of extracts
Upload

Upload

FarmerWop (Croppinsloppy)
Advanced Member
Username: Croppinsloppy

Post Number: 85
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 10:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats basicly the way I did it. I recieved the information from someone who attended a conference on the subject. Cut your material into strips and seperate it into two halves. Soak half of it in grain alcohol in a pint jar with just enough alcohol to cover it. Let it soak for a day or two. Boil the rest in water, strain and press, then reduce the volume. Next, combine with the alcohol extract with the cooled mushroom "tea" and store in the fridge. You only need an eyedropper-full....

Post Number: 496
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2003 - 10:30 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks for the tip

Jorneyer (Jorneyer)
Username: Jorneyer

Post Number: 196
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 11:48 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry for the late reply... I think I have the root in dried form. I got some cheap vodka and soaked the roots in ~4 oz for about a week in a sealed jar in the sun. You can tell it works, because when you put it on your tongue it feels like echinacea. Here is a link to a list of some more info on Ashwanghanda

info on ashwagandha

Personally I use it because pot smoking burnt my short term memory out a bit. It is good for the brain also.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
-------------------------------------------------
gone, gone, gone beyond, completely exposed, so-be-it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: