Legal: housemates at risk from my grow? Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Secrecy & Stealth ; Privacy & Security. Legal: housemates at risk from my grow? Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Smurf (Jjhendrix)
Username: Jjhendrix

Post Number: 2
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 07:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi all,
i have a small grow going (<12 cakes). i live in a house with 4 other people (we are renting for the year). i started my grow without them knowing - i figured that legally it would be better if they didn't know. well, they ended up finding out that i am growing. they aren't really mad at me for not telling them/growing, they just want me to stop or move it out of the house. they are concerned that they are at risk, or the house is at risk by my growing. are their concerns legitimate? i think i'm going to end up having to concede, since i am outnumbered and don't feel like fighting with the people i live with over doing something illegal. but am i actually legally endangering them by growing? they mentioned "crackhouse" laws. what are these? are they enforced? and do they apply to this situation?
thanks a lot.
jj

edit: p.s. should i be worried about this post?

(Message edited by jjhendrix on September 20, 2003)

psilocyte (Psilocyte)
Username: Psilocyte

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 09:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How well do you know these people. If I were you, I would pack my shit and leave. Chances are they will save their ass before yours. Trust me on this and get out. In my life, there are only a few close people that know, and I have my own place.

Jesse James (Spacecowboy)
Username: Spacecowboy

Post Number: 284
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2003 - 11:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your cover has been blown so stop everthing. Better safe than sorry, no telling how many other people know now that your roomies found out.

How did they find them, were they going through your stuff , or did you leave them out (<12 cakes is not that hard to hide in your own room)?
If it's not broken, then the government will try to fix it until it is.

harry m stevens (Rockawayrooms)
Intermediate Member
Username: Rockawayrooms

Post Number: 57
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 07:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dude! get out spacecowboy is right on,cover has been blown.they will most deffinitly save there own asses but besides that the less people that know the better,even best buds of mine have no clue,people talk. as hard as it seems not to show or tell your friends,just think of this <silence> its true!!!

nerve (Nerve)
Username: Nerve

Post Number: 25
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 09:36 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

stop immediately, or move out, even then you should stop cause as said above there's no way to know how far the word has spread.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 6546
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2003 - 09:39 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as far as 'crackhouse laws'
states and cities have various laws.
but as long as they knew nothing,
they were innocent.
but now that they know,
then they would be liable.

http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/1/29852.gif

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: