Best grow bags? Best easy strain for ... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Jars, Bags and Containers- Lids & Filters Best grow bags? Best easy strain for grow bags? Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Rod (Growthatthing)
Username: Growthatthing

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 04:52 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi guys I'm new to growing but wanted to try out these pre sterilized grow bags I've seen on the internet. I've already tried some bags from sporeworks but had very poor results with the eq strain. Seems like the material in the bag never grew all the way through. Anyways can you guys suggest a good internet supplier? Also can you suggest a good easy strain? Any advice you can give me would be much apreciated.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 6721
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 07:08 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my luck with the bags was pretty decent colonization-wise, like 6 finished and 2 never did.
however of the 6 that finished,
only 2 fruited well in the bag.
i got better results cutting the bag open and crumbling/casing the substrate.
frankly, i'd only recommend the bags if you have no other alternatives,
but if you could instead i'd try my invitro variation of the pf tek,
look under invitro teks in our archives here.

http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/1/29852.gif

harry m stevens (Rockawayrooms)
Advanced Member
Username: Rockawayrooms

Post Number: 84
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 09:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey rod,listen to what the man says.i did the same thing and bought a few of those too. hip told me at the time to case it with str8 verm,and it worked out pretty well.im sure i would have seen nada if i didnt listen to hip,so listen closely to what he says,and check the archives its chock full of great info
happy halloween to all you trippin fiends!!

Screaminsemen (Screaminsemen)
Intermediate Member
Username: Screaminsemen

Post Number: 76
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 09:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I use bags. Not to step on toes of the pros, but I had excellent luck with them. I see that they do take alot longer to colonize at times, but work fine for me. I fruit out of the bag, I place a layer of verm on top and made these slip on bags that cover mycellium to prevent them from growing below verm. Works decent so far.

tralfaz jones (Tralfaz)
Username: Tralfaz

Post Number: 32
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 09:48 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I personally think bags blow away jars. I wouldn't waste my $$ on pre-sterilized substrate however. Millet or milo or whatever your feedstore has will work. It is a little more capital intensive, but it will be well worth it. SWIM has had great success with all cube varieties.

Here's a funny pic:
Upload

FarmerWop (Croppinsloppy)
Advanced Member
Username: Croppinsloppy

Post Number: 88
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 12:46 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bags are great once you get them down. Easier said than done. Getting the moisture perfect can be a bitch. Best to keep your grain slightly on the drier side and use liquid innoculum, IMO.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 6725
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 01:02 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

guys,
he's not talking about spawn bags,
i thought,
but the grow bags that go 'round.
big diff.

Rod (Growthatthing)

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 01:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok thanks everyone I'll give Hippies advice a try and keep all you posted.

Rod (Growthatthing)

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 06:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey does anyone know if PF is still in the spore buisness? Can't find anything on his site anymore.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 6941
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2003 - 12:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pf retired after his arrest and conviction,
he's on probation and cannot do business
anymore.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: