Liquid Cultures in Soft Drinks Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Liquid Culture: Karo/Honey/Dextrose Q&A Liquid Cultures in Soft Drinks Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

loosid (Loosid)
Username: Loosid

Post Number: 45
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 04:08 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hiya! i remember reading here a post about liquid (kayo/honey/etc) and there was a poster that swore he used softdrinks, i think Gatorade or something like that was recommended, does anyone know the link to what i'm talking about?

thanks
loosid
Anything I post is relating strictly to legal, edible mushroom. I have nothing to do with any prohibited substances, plants or mushrooms.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 6736
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 11:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not sure exactly,
i'd try snapple or something organic, not too sweet and low sodium, non-carbonated, like one of those health drinks.
http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/1/29852.gif

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 744
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 05:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hmmmmmm. . .A day old beer comes to mind. Might be something to look into. I always add a beer or two to the water I soak grain in. I never thought about a pc'd beer for liquid work. . .(brain goes into overdrive)

Screaminsemen (Screaminsemen)
Advanced Member
Username: Screaminsemen

Post Number: 87
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2003 - 05:20 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was gonna soak my cardboard in beer when I was going to do my Pans.

Visions (Visions)
Username: Visions

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 01:04 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,,,,Hey Hip remember it was me,,,,it was about 2yrs ago....Acually I just looked on the bottles and they are from 5/13/02....I used sports drinks,,,,Called "PowerADE" Liquid Hydration Drink Light---Andean Chill with B vitamins......We had a little heated debate between us,,,,I told you something like you could make your Liquid culture in a half pint jar on the stove and I would let the Cocoa Cola Bottling Co. make mine......lol....it was fun battling it out.....The bottles work great and they still look good...the mycelium still looks alive....Just sterilize a bit on a drill...drill through,,,,tape the hole,,,,then inject and retape,,,

Hip the site looks great!,,,havn't been here in a while...

Visions

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 6763
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 12:51 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice to see you,
visions.
don't be such a stranger
and come see us sooner next time.

http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/1/29852.gif

psycho naut (Xochipilli2012)
Intermediate Member
Username: Xochipilli2012

Post Number: 80
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2003 - 08:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

does anyone know if powerade still makes there light andean chill?

been looking everywhere for days and can't find it.

the powerade website shows the product still exist but can't find it anywhere.

anyone found it lately?

xylem flow (Xylem)
Intermediate Member
Username: Xylem

Post Number: 62
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 03:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ion ewe!

don't think that specific kind is necessary, what you're really lookin for is the sugar for the fuel, the andean chill is clear i think and that's why i think visions chose that specific flavor, just find a clear one so you can see the growth. the flavors don't really matter, like in kayro tek, the cheapo kayro comes with vinalla flavoring already added and it works fine.

(Message edited by xylem on October 08, 2003)

psycho naut (Xochipilli2012)
Advanced Member
Username: Xochipilli2012

Post Number: 83
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2003 - 07:13 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I did get one called arctic chill(clear) that i was going to try out but i thought that the light andean chill must have been better because it was light(less extra ingredients that i might not need) .
but i will try the arctic chill and post results.
thanx

loosid (Loosid)
Username: Loosid

Post Number: 46
Posted on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 07:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

foaf can't find the clear powerade either, only the white one that's way too foggy, the blue is better than the white.
he is using the clear gatorade too, will post...
loosid
Anything I post is relating strictly to legal, edible mushroom. I have nothing to do with any prohibited substances, plants or mushrooms.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: