Should I start exposing them to light? Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Light Should I start exposing them to light? Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Legalize Spiritual Discovery (Ben2572)
Username: Ben2572

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 06:27 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I innoculated my jars 2 wks ago. 23 of 24 look great - at least 2/3 to 3/4 colonized - nice ropes reaching everywhere. I've got guests coming in a week and a half and don't want to case until after they leave 3 days later (almost a exactly a month after innoculation). Should I start exposing my jars to light now or will it hurt anything if I just wait until the guests leave and then start exposing them to light and then case?

alligator (Cooscoos)
Intermediate Member
Username: Cooscoos

Post Number: 58
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 11:33 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it should be fine to wait till they leave. dont worry about light until you crumble and case and the myc is running through the casing layer...
my 2 and a half cents.......

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 6761
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2003 - 12:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'd find a way to give them a bit of light every day anyway, just to keep the ball rollling along on time.
they only need a few seconds of bright light a day to get started towards pinset.
but every day counts.
http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/1/29852.gif

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 752
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2003 - 06:23 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree hip. I start exposing to normal room light from the time the agar is inoculated, right up through casing and harvest. I see no wisdom in keeping mycelia in the dark at any time.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: