outdoor azure patch Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Non Cubie Shrooms outdoor azure patch Previous Next

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

myco domesticus (Mycophil)
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 10:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i wanted to post in an old thread but found out it was in the archives so i copied it in here

aah ,i finally find the tread back , it looks promising ,the seedpods get colonized and that myc is just wanting to bite into the alder , i can see its teeth lol , i keep these pots under a few ferns for shade ,got some other mixes ,some composted leaf from hardwood with cacaoshells ontop ,oh and a bit of maerl (coralalgues chalk) against acidity
in a bucket i mixed wood from different trees from the garden and spawned it , the last week it became looking good , i checked a bit deeper and it seemed even better , used some for spawning a patch

bucketowood

bucketdetail

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 11:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW Can't wait to see that thing pin!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 02:03 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, caught me updating the archives, i'll just append this thread to the other when it gets time.
looks like it's really taking off good now.
any chance of seeing some pix of a patch being built ?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 02:06 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material
append to other thread on topic

Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 04:50 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

one pic available rightnow ,it's part of a path and the path is spawned on the sides , it's about 4 inches thick and composed of different woods

path detail

i'll get some more shots to give a better idea of the current state of improvisation
did i mention the willow is a nono for the azures ? Oak seems a bit better ,next to try is maple ,some fresh cut twigs
the bucket also contains small pieces of blackberry wood mixed in ,thus far the alder is the fastest

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 01:44 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

in the middle of the pic there is a net to prevent the birds from scratching inside the patch
patch 1

here a detail from that path

patch 2

in the middle here is a mix of different trees like oak and some fruittrees with some woodchips mixed in and a bit of maerl against too much acidity ,surrounded by some plastic sheeting against too much sun

patch 3

here a look more close up to the pile of wood , spawned at different places , even has shiitakespawn inside if the birds didn't find it yet

patch 4

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 01:48 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a few more of the jars on alder

alder eaten

alderfruits and leaves eaten

Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 01:52 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

even the bambooleaves found on the ground are being eaten

bamboo eaten

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 02:26 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beautiful. Bet it smells real nice too

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 02:31 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very nice. Paul recommends you put a layer of topsoil on top of those spawned wood chips, then plant grass seed.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 01:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

great pix as usual.
made my mouth water thinking how that patch will look someday.

Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 08:35 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

with so many different substrates spawned there should be at least one successfull growth, it will be easier also to welcome the colder weather too.
Like with ps. cubensis , the best way to assure the survival of the culture is to spread it amongst friends ,that'll be the next step in the domesticationprocess...i've told how to start a patch (based on what has been posted here and at the shroomery)to a few friends and in due time i'll give spawn for starting , the more places the more chances for survival , so no bigscale operation , just a few trusted people.
It's the least i can do for our little friends

for selfsufficiency year round it seems to me that the best would be to extract 'em since they are so season-dependant , what is the best tek on that for the moment ?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 11:04 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

extraction is not a good long-term storage option as the magic breaks down much faster.

Dung LOver Mush (Poopey666)
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 02:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MMW say's azure last for long time dry. Just store them good.

Erebus (Debremus)
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 05:29 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cracker dried stuffed into 'OO' gelcaps if you can find them. Each cap if its packed will contain approximately 500mg, close enough anyway. Take 2 or 3 for a mild time or a handful and you'll be seeing colors

I'd imagine in this pill form they would last a long time if stored in a cool dry dark place un a sealed container.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 12:28 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

better, i hear, to leave them intact, whole, in a vacuum sealed bag in freezer.
for really long-term storage.

Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 02:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hippie3, do you mean undried with 'intact' or dried ?..as oxydation seems to be the main problem (?) in preserving the actives ,could oil be used to lock off from the air or adding a gas ?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2003 - 01:17 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dried.
some fill bag with co2 to displace the 'air' but i tend to think a simple vacuum is proly better.
never heard of any oil but honey has been used.

Username: Mycophil

Post Number: 462
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 05:15 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

myc growing on the housing of wasps that lay eggs on oakleaves =pic 1
oakleaves covered with myc =pic 2
rhizo myc =pic 3Upload
Upload
Upload

FarmerWop (Croppinsloppy)
Username: Croppinsloppy

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 03:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

stunning!