Darn you jars! (washing jars) Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Jars, Bags and Containers- Lids & Filters Darn you jars! (washing jars) Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

ZAPa (Zap)
Username: Zap

Post Number: 367
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 02:49 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have such a bad time cleaning used jars? anyon point me to a old thread? or got any tips?

p.s. would PC the jars with water in them clean them? (they would be cleaned with sope/lycol 1st then PCed)

thanks in advance,
ZAP

The AOC (Angryorangecat)
Username: Angryorangecat

Post Number: 28
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 02:58 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm pretty lazy, I just hand wash them... they're gonna get stuffed with BRF and verm again soon anyways!

Gnome (Gnome)
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 104
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 03:02 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used to wash mine in some 10% bleach solution and let air dry...previously contamed jars got a 12hr. 10% bleach soak...
Buy a bottle brush from a homebrewing shoppe is my personal suggestion...makes washing jars fairly easy...

SPOREMAN LIVES!

You must be the change you wish to see in the world- Gandhi

Jorneyer (Jorneyer)
Username: Jorneyer

Post Number: 219
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 03:06 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I use Comet
it has bleach in it also
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
-------------------------------------------------
gone, gone, gone beyond, completely exposed, so-be-it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

farmerlucky03 (Farmerlucky03)
Username: Farmerlucky03

Post Number: 155
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 03:15 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any mild cleaning agent will work and then you can put em in the oven and bake for 20 mins at 200
"McElroy were one of the same. We're Skyhighatrists."
Formula 51

Highflyer (Highflyer)
Username: Highflyer

Post Number: 487
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 03:37 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just scrub em with the kitchen scrub brush in water, then throw them in the dishwasher.
"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." - Robert Frost

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 883
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 06:22 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just wash em with soap and water. I make no effort to be sterile with them, as they get pc'd after the grain goes in anyway. I do soak the filter disks in a 10% bleach solution, because I'm afraid of the heat resistant bacteria spores surviving the pc.

Smerd (Smerd)
Intermediate Member
Username: Smerd

Post Number: 65
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 05:41 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wash with bleach solution, rinse, wash again w/hot, soapy water. Rinse. If for dunking, no need for drying. If for PC'ing or Chronic terrarium, dry with clean tea towel. Proly overdoing it but better safe than sorry.
Pobody's nerfect.

psycho naut (Xochipilli2012)
Username: Xochipilli2012

Post Number: 112
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 07:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just get yelled at by my girl for throwing out dozens of jars.

at first she used to wash them for me.

but then she gave up and tried the "they'll be there waiting for you in the sink"

did'nt work.there they where for almost a month.
It's horrible looking at close to thirty jars waiting for you.I just stand there and say "damn I'll go smoke a bowl and then wash them!"oh! the I'll smoke a bowl and then... cycle,it never ends.

yeah i hate washing jars.I gotta stop being so lazy.

polly ester (Carcenogenic)
Username: Carcenogenic

Post Number: 105
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 11:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

couldn't spawn bags make all our lives better?

xoxo
polly

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: