Growing Outside ? Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Outdoor Cubie Cultivation Growing Outside ? Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
?on outdoor cultivation in NY state.bob joneshippie317 2 02-07-02  09:01 pm
Anti-spore substance in cow feed?Piss ChillThe Roc9 1 11-13-01  08:20 pm
Experimentmonkeyodion ewe19 1 12-07-01  06:28 am
OGBDLichen Tek - 1
Outdoor cubensis picsLichenKarna5 1 08-09-01  09:30 pm
ez outdoor tekAdminAdmin1 1 01-06-03  12:47 pm
Outdoor innoculationSYDYSTYKgreenthumb8 1 10-30-01  01:07 pm
Outside Beds SetupMalikiMaliki6 4 06-24-02  02:34 pm
Questions on outside bed designsOaktreetreebark8 1 02-06-02  07:59 am
Raised outdoor bedsonediademChick9 1 02-03-02  09:23 pm
Mushroom experts turn your eyes on these pics....SolveEtCoagulaSolveEtCoagula68 2 07-10-03  04:08 pm
Cube2, or The Outdoor Cultivation of Psilocybe cubensis AdminAdmin1 1 03-23-04  05:49 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Kenny Keller (Kennieyk)
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 01:20 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey people ! Well I just wanted to know is there any way to grow outside? This seems like the safest way to do it. If any one knows please let me know . Thanks

Lichen (Lichen)
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 01:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

look in the archives...there's an easy tek using cowpies that I adopted...it works well. But it takes four weeks, After you've colonized some jars. Do you live in a warm climate? You cannot have outside shrooms during the freezing months, if you live in a climate where winter is present

jim brown (Shrhobbyist)
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 01:56 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is some good stuff in the archieves, sorry I can't make a link, my address bar shows the same address for every page in mycotopia.

Kenny Keller (Kennieyk)
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 03:17 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well its cold now,But i was thinking maybe i could try this in like thye spring or summer.
I dont know where i would get cow shit thou ?
I live in a city!

Lichen (Lichen)
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 05:13 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well, buy it in bags, let it sit in the sun/snow all winter, and use it come spring...just to let out the heat

patoban (Patoban)
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 05:44 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my friend lives in texas, and, as an experiment, he took a cake that was contaminated, cut out the contams, broke it up and stuck it under some dirt in his garden. this was earlier this evening. not much chance of anything coming of it, huh?

Kenny Keller (Kennieyk)
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 06:31 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok where do i buy cow shit ? I'm willing to give it a shot .

jim brown (Shrhobbyist)
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 08:34 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Patoban, your friends cake will probably not produce much if anything. See outdoor growing in the archeives. There is one or two tales of a tossed outside cake fruiting but it's rare. What is the weather like now where you live?

hippie3 (Hippie)
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 01:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cowpie

Lichen (Lichen)
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 02:58 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that's the tek, folks, and it works great. I used this tek all summer in different spots all around my yard. It's a lot of fun to pick them fresh in the grass and eat fresh garden tomatos with them...we had a good time with it

Kenny Keller (Kennieyk)
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 04:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really dont know alot at this time so I mostly am just guessing , but why cant you like use the inside tek outside or the outside tek inside ?
It seems if they grown inside with brown rice and vermite that they would grow like that outside.. Maybe put a walmart container over it for humidity.HAs anybody tryed anything like that ?

Lichen (Lichen)
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2001 - 05:20 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the old dung that has been sitting outside for years has already been worked over by time, exposure to the elements, and hosted whatever bacterial and fungal growth that occurs naturally. It's an ideal growing medium for outdoors, and nothing can compete with the cubensis mycelium in this substrate in these conditions because it grows so agressively, and the dung attracts nothing new. But rice contaminates very quickly and is eaten up so fast by green and yellow and red molds and bacteria that if you were to put it in an environment where anything can attack it, the cubensis mycelium won't do very well. However, you can take fully colonized cakes or grain and put that outside, with some sort of casing tek and protection from the sun, and they will fruit. Cubensis fruited in this manner are very different from those fruited in a terrerium, remaining short but growing wide caps and thick, fibrous stems.

Shroom Glossary