Effect of light in drying process Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Light Effect of light in drying process Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

ty (Tydyemicrobus)
Username: Tydyemicrobus

Post Number: 31
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 12:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think I remember reading somewhere on mycotopia about light effecting the potency of shrooms while they are drying..making them less potent.. If the shrooms (I have p. cubenisis thai strain) are drying in front of a fan and are exposed to light.. does that effect their potency making them less potent??
I like to fan dry first and then move my shrooms into dessicant container for final drying... does fan drying (about 1 day)make less potent shrooms too?? like noticeably less potent??

I like my shrooms potent and plenty...
your sharing of knowledge is much appreciated..

drugiedugie (Dugzup)
Username: Dugzup

Post Number: 199
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 02:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think you have anything to worry about...... a few days in the fan doesn't seem to effect potency for me and I think its more of a long term exsposure to heat and light and of course......time .Like don't microwave for an hour and you should be fine . No , really DON'T microwave at all I was only kiddin ....good luck

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Username: Imok

Post Number: 426
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 02:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Light seems to have less impact on whole (or just sliced)
shrooms and most on powdered shrooms.
You start loosing potentcy as soon as you pick but not
to any great extent in the first few days.
Hope this helps :-)

ty (Tydyemicrobus)
Username: Tydyemicrobus

Post Number: 32
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2003 - 09:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

helps much... thank you

Marx2k (Marx2k)
Username: Marx2k

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 02:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what about drying in sunlight? Like, using sunlight to dry your fruit on a windowsill or something like that? I've noticed they turn a lot bluer in the sunlight. Is this just me smoking crack and dropping acid before I look at them or is there anything to this?

Machine (Machine)
Username: Machine

Post Number: 215
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2003 - 02:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bluing doesn't indicate potency. The most important thing in drying them is to avoid heat (Sunlight=heat). Fan dry in the dark.
"Count not him among your friends who will retail your privacies to the world."
-Publilius Syrus

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 8977
Posted on Tuesday, December 09, 2003 - 06:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i wouldn't dry in sunlight,
too hot and bright,
potency would be lost

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: