Q' about growth in karo tek Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Liquid Culture: Karo/Honey/Dextrose Q&A Questions??? The Story behind Purge's Karo Tek Q' about growth in karo tek Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Karo tek stalled?onediademonediadem6 1 12-22-01  02:57 am

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

onediadem (Onediadem)
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 04:26 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The jars have about the size of a quarter, of a white stringy fuzzy looking mass in them. I did two jars. 1 jar has a black dot in the middle of this mass, and has not grown or done anything, so maybe it ws something in the jar. My q' is this. Its been 3 days, The temp is set at @ 82-84 degrees. Seems like the growth has slowed. How long should I wait to draw up in syringes? thx folks.
live long,
P

Hippie (Hippie)
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 04:53 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you can do it now if needed.
but i'd pass on the one with the black spot.

Nan (Nanook)
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 05:25 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pam you can shoot anytime between now and day 7. I usually pop them in the fridge after a week if everything has gone well. With fresh spores and incubated liquid culture jars you can indeed see spore germination in 24 hours and be ready to shoot in 3 days.

Be sure to break the clump up well once the jar is opened in the glovebox. Then you will be good to go for the Western Show

And Hip's right. The jar with the black floatie is probably good, a bit of dirt in the jar before sterilizing, but if you have a choice use the cleaner inoculum. You can always test a few jars first before running an entire batch from that inoculum with the floater.

Lichen... Any word on your Karo jars shot with spores?

onediadem (Onediadem)
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 06:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okee, think I will shoot em tommorrow.I am gonna let the black floatie one go 7-8 days and see if anything comes of the dot. The mycel in that jar is doing well. But, it does have the dot. thanks guys