My setup as requested Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Grow Chambers & Clean Rooms. My setup as requested Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

faht (Fahtphish)
Username: Fahtphish

Post Number: 446
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 10:32 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

someone PM'ed me asking for pix of how i got humidity to the greenhouses... here ya go.. there is a 3/4 in hose running up to the ceiling (you can kinda see it in the first pic) from the ultrasonic humidifier. then there are eight individual smaller hoses running from that to each individual shelf, eight in all Upload
Upload
Uploadjust a pic of the digitimer.. it runs for 5 min every two hours
Upload

(Message edited by fahtphish on October 21, 2003)
says: hello :-)

faht (Fahtphish)

Post Number: 447
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 10:40 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

water will collect and clog up the smaller hoses pretty quick BUT ive found that if you spray a little bit of PAM cooking spray into the ends of the smaller hoses, water won't collect in them... so far the only ill effects of this is the cloudy water in the humidifier... Upload

fahtster

(Message edited by fahtphish on October 21, 2003)

Joe Millionare (Rotterdam_y2k)
Intermediate Member
Username: Rotterdam_y2k

Post Number: 66
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 11:54 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks fahtster

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 937
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 01:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice setup. Watch that timer if you have a power failure. I had one like that to control a hepa filter to supply fresh air for air exchanges. We had a power failure one day, and the internal battery in the timer also ran down. When power came back on, the timer stayed off, and I didn't notice for a couple of days. No air exchange during that time, and trich took over. grrrrr.

faht (Fahtphish)

Post Number: 449
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 09:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks for the heads up! :-)

fahtster

psilocyte (Psilocyte)
Username: Psilocyte

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, October 22, 2003 - 04:50 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice

Deadly Ripped (Deadly_ripped)
Username: Deadly_ripped

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 08:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Faht how many cakes can you fit on each level of those individual greenhouses?

faht (Fahtphish)

Post Number: 470
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 09:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well, i use popcorn casings and thats 6 per shelf. :-)

fahtster

I_am_me (I_am_me)
Username: I_am_me

Post Number: 47
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 09:49 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yo faht,

I'm thinkin about using an ultrasonic 2.7 gallon with one of those greenhouses in the thread that are available at big lots...I've looked over your setup but being a newbie its hard to understand everything that is happening. Can you give me a suggestion on how to do it with the greenhouse? Thanks!

faht (Fahtphish)

Post Number: 471
Posted on Thursday, October 23, 2003 - 10:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sure... well in the first pic there is a ultrasonic in between the two greenhouses. On the humidifier theres a top of a iso alcohol bottle that the 3/4 in tube fits into nice and snug. the seal is made with plumbers putty and tape (second pic). now this 3/4 in tube that comes off the now modified humidifer goes up to the ceiling. I have a hook that i use to hold it up. The end of the 3/4 in tube is plugged up so no air can get out that end. then i cut holes in the 3/4 in tubing big enough to fit the 3/8 in tubing that will be delivering the mist to each shelf of the greenhouses. You want to make sure that the holes aren't too big that mist and pressure escape out them. I taped up the bottom with a cut plastic bag so no air can escape out. then i put finger sized holes in the opposite side the mist was coming in on each shelf and covered with a piece of dust mask that i taped and sealed on the outside plastic. This will keep out heavy dust and bugs out but not hinder exhaust. then i wrapped the top two shelves in syran wrap as the top shelves get less mist than the ones closest to the humidifier. This will help keep the heavy mist up top longer as the shelves are wire and the mist would normally fall right thru. Dig me? :-) let me know if theres something you don't understand.

fahtster

I_am_me (I_am_me)
Username: I_am_me

Post Number: 49
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 03:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks a lot...I'm gonna try that with 1 green house. That cuts out the having to split the hose. So pretty much what I need is
1 green house shelving unit
1 2.7? gallon ultrasonic mist humidifier(is 2.7 enough? I found one for cheap)
1 alcohol bottle(top half)
1 3/8 inch clear tubing
1 can of plumbers putty
1 roll of duct tape

So lets see...I just take the bottle and convert my humidifiers output into the bottle and out the hole in the top to my 3/8 inch tube. I run the tube up and hang it....then into the side of my greenhouse. I seal the hole where the tube goes in with plumbers putty and tape. Then I wrap the shelves with suran wrap to keep moisture on them so they will keep a high humidity. I place the cakes in the jar lids and run the humidifier around 5 minutes every two hours or....15 minutes ever 6 hours. I make sure I have small holes in the side opposite of the humidifier to keep airflow minimal fresh. Only question....the tube from the humidifier goes in the side of the greenhouse at the top? Also if the greenhouse has no bottom I can just put down plastic and tape it up? I drew a drawing and labeled it just to make sure I'm not stupid :-)If you see any problems let me know.
Upload

faht (Fahtphish)

Post Number: 474
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 03:53 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the tubing if you just have one should be a bit larger maybe like 3/4 ish. :-)

faht

faht (Fahtphish)

Post Number: 475
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 03:58 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

also, im sure you are going to have to improvise a bit along the way.. :-) the putty was to seal any gap there may be between the alcohol bottle and humidifier too. you may have to find a different kind of bottle depending on the size of the hole on your humidifier. but you get the general idea... id love to see pix when you get it up and running. :-)

fahtster

faht (Fahtphish)

Post Number: 477
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 06:22 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

another thing, you probably shouldn't wrap the shelves in syran as you only have one point of entry for the mist up top, so you want some of the mist to fall through to the bottom chamber. :-)

faht

(Message edited by fahtphish on October 24, 2003)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 7346
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 12:26 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material.
http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/1/29852.gif

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: