Have some pics of my glovebox Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Gloveboxes & Flowhoods. Have some pics of my glovebox Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

XcvX (Xcvx)
Username: Xcvx

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 05:33 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I finally completed my glovebox (after a week of working on it) can someone tell me how to post pictures, this is my first post on myco and I have the pictures hosted but don't know how to make them show up? TIA

Sweetness (Sweetness)
Username: Sweetness

Post Number: 389
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 05:49 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Click 'Upload Attachment'
In the box that pops up select Browse
Find and click on your image and click on Open
Click Upload
Click Close
Your pic should then show up as part of your post.
Welcome! Make yourself at home and congrats on your gb!

http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/1/20278.h tml?1042635794
*Buckets of moonbeams in my hand*

XcvX (Xcvx)

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 06:08 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

outside of box
top view of box

XcvX (Xcvx)

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 06:17 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

okay now for some descriptions of the box. I didn't want to deal with the plexiglass and couldn't find any boxes of sufficient size that were clear on the sides. The duct taped box on sitting on top with the tub is a mattress air pump in a tupperware container with a regular air filter on top followed by a HEPA filter to clean the air. I installed two lightbulbs in the top of the box to light from inside, and also to allow me to get a clearer view through the translucent box. I used 4" PVC pipe couplings to attach my gloves (although I need to find some better gloves, the ones I have now I kinda clumsy). I sealed with that rubber sealent stuff every hole I cut and I also put a few layers of duct tape around the whole top of the box to create a little extra seal. I've used it once and don't have any contams (yet :-/). I was psyched about the box I think it will work out very nicely.

xylem flow (Xylem)
Username: Xylem

Post Number: 140
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 02:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i have a ? for you. you have created a positive pressure glove box with the blower/ hepa filter, but you have no way for the air pressure to escape. what will you do to create the positive air flow? if you leave the box totally sealed then the positive pressure is not used, the air will just backflow and make your blower motor work too hard. typically in that sort of setup the holes for your hands would be left open and you would sterilize your hands up to your armpits and glove them then resterilize in the glovebox, then wipe down everything in the box while the positive flow keeps contams from entering.

looks real good to me otherwise, now haow about passing a slice of that pizza, i gots da muncheez!

XcvX (Xcvx)

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 03:46 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pizza's gone haha but in response to your main question, its not TOTALLY sealed, though its sealed pretty well there is enough air that escapes through the area where the lid attaches to the box to create a perfect positive flow box. I thought about that after I finally got the blower attached but turned it on and it has air escaping through a couple areas on the lid so I don't think there is any problem there. But yay, thats the jist

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 7448
Posted on Thursday, October 30, 2003 - 03:29 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thx for sharing
archive material to gloveboxes
http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/1/29852.gif

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: