Appetizer plate top-Grow chamber for ... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Grow Chambers & Clean Rooms. DIY Projects: Many Designs Appetizer plate top-Grow chamber for $2 , pics Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

nuecrew (Nue)
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2001 - 09:26 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought one of these would be good for one big round flat cake. Or whatever. From watching my Hygrometer it doesn't seem hard to achieve 100% humidity by simply misting the insides of the plastic occasionally. Dripping isn't a problem for me if the temp. is consistent in the room. The plastic tops have a tab that when mated makes a good place for a piece of duct tape. A piece of tape opposite secures the tops from shifting.
I was able to make a "Poor man's terrarium" top by putting a glass bowl in the top for wieght and holding it over a hot electric stove element. As you carefully heat the plastic the bowl pushes the plastic down. If one could find a "poor mans terrarium" top shape in a household item of build one you could thermoform a perfect functioning top. The thermoformed top warped some, around 1/4" on opposite sides from holding it on opposite sides while heating. A heat gun could be used to relax the warp on a counter top. Lids are $1 at a nearby Albertsons grocery.terrariumopen terrariumthermoform

Underground_Shaman (Shaman)
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 08:50 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That should actually be okay for spawned casings like straw, as they do not need 100% Rh

Peace,
Shaman

Nan (Nanook)
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 08:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Get the right sized Pie Pan in there and you will take maximum advantage of the available surface area

nuecrew (Nue)
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 09:26 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am "testing" one w/ flat cake. Thought it might be a quick fix for most of us broke people. Also disposable if need be as opposed to glass.

Brad (Raze)
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 09:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I still dont get why you melted the lid?

Lichen (Lichen)
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 10:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

to give the drips a place to run?

Brad (Raze)
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 10:24 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wouldnt the curved shape prevent that?

Patrick (Valence)
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2001 - 01:17 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like those containers. Use a circular pie pan and wax the top and water will run off it better. I would also find some kind of gasket material so it is better sealed. Use some tape on the back to make a hinge. Some ideas.