Cold Shocking Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Incubation & Germination-Incubators & Heat Cold Shocking Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
How to Dunk (in the fridge) - 1
Apprentice's Casing Tek - 1
ICE cold dunking =(SnoopyScotsman8 3 02-07-02  06:30 am
cold shocking myth debunked - 1

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

wycrobro (Newman)
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 05:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey guys, does anybody know if I should cold shock the lipa yai strain. I have dropped the temp by 6-8 degrees , but I know with some strains a good visit to the fridge is needed.

Any help would be great.
Tanks

hippie3 (Hippie)
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 06:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it prolly doesn't matter much,
cubies don't really need any 'cold shock'.
but it can't hurt,
so suit yourself.

Kaijan (Kaijan)
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 06:31 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree.. I never noticed much from cold shocking... but Dunking is beneficial

Besides... Most of these "strains" everyone says need a cold shock to pin originated in warm or tropical environments.. correct?

kai

hippie3 (Hippie)
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2001 - 06:36 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

all cubies originated in the tropics.
and there's no cold shock in thai jungles,
yet they fruit just fine.
cold shocking is for other species, not cubies.

LOW BUDGET (2000flushes)
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 09:34 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if one was to have a fridge used only for Dunks what temp would he set his fridge?

Hippie (Hippie)
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 02:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

around 40-45*F i would think...
like a normal fridge.

LOW BUDGET (2000flushes)
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 07:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thank you hippie

Mrt (Mrt)
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2001 - 02:53 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm just posting this for shits and giggles. Although I've never heard of it I'm sure its been done before. So its winter, you're in Canada (or any other cold climate) and the casing layers on ten 2feetX1foot beds are colonized with mycelium. You want to cold shock 'em but you look in your fridge to find that its filled with beer, pizza, and leftover chinese food that you don't even remember ordering. There's no room and if there was its so dirty that anything you put in there would surely be overcome with contamination. What do you do? Put all your beds in the same room, open a window half way and close the door on your way out. 12 to 24 hours later, close the window. Viola, you've just cold shocked your beds with crisp, clean, cold winter air. Just make sure they don't get too cold. I've found cold shocking makes for better first flushes. Some people say it doesn't affect speed, yields, or pinsets but I've had good results.

Shroom Glossary