Innoculation gun, bulk Innoculation Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Spores, Prints & Syringes Innoculation gun, bulk Innoculation Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

indicaz (Indicaz)
Intermediate Member
Username: Indicaz

Post Number: 63
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 02:48 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey everyone,

Im sure this has to be posted somewhere within the vaults of mycotopia. But I have a few questions, and to those who may have not seen this device yet pay attention.

Ok i prefer innoculating via spore solution, I also find that using something such as a needle
or syringe works efficiently and allows a wide margin or error, also the spore is closest in genetics to its parent which the spores came from, ensuring my strains viability and vitality.

When innoculating I tend to do alot of jars at once, using syringes works but can become cumbersome and expensive if your dealing with bulk innoculations.

The following innoculation gun found online at a reputable vendor provides a precise and accurate means of innoculating in bulk ammounts. It allows for a external resevoir which can be as big or as small as you like that will hold your bulk ammount of spore solution.

It conviniently has an adjustment knob for measuring from 1CC/1ml to 12.5cc/ml. Its gun design allows for ergonomical innoculation, it also shoots the solution out at what id call a pressurized state, so it really sends the spores down into the substrate.
I have 2 questions.

How woul i sterilize the tubing so far i have been just boiling water and sucking through, and the gun i just boil...... is this good enuff?
also when talking about bulk ammounts of spore solution how do i create a bulk ammount of spore solution without having to use a mixture of spore prints? SO far im limited to 120ml of spore solution in my resovoir at a time.
Ok enuff of my dialog heres a pic
The actual gun comes with a nice heavy duty needle that screws into the gunUpload

Ok granted im no expert here and i havent had the biggest ammount of experience using the gun, but so far it has simplified my job greatly. Asside from not being sold with a resevoir and having to make your own id say this was the best 69.95 ive ever spent. For a resevoir i used a 120 ml pee jar that has 2 labratory self healing injector ports. Simply create solution and i ran the tubefrom the gun into the jar and tape it flush with some masking tape. I do this in a glove box area, my glove box isnt fully sealed bu the room i work in has an air trap created out of plastic, which i will post later.

let me know what u think here guys, inputtt... :-)

thanks
indi

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 7867
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 03:29 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How woul i sterilize the tubing so far i have been just boiling water and sucking through, and the gun i just boil...... is this good enuff?
yes, if you boil long enough, about 30 minutes.

how do i create a bulk ammount of spore solution without having to use a mixture of spore prints?
simple, add nutes to the water so the spores germinate and you have a mycellial solution instead of spores. mycellia grows, unlike spores, so just a few spores can be turned into quarts of mycellial water.
nice post & pix, btw.
archive material.
where did you get yours, anyway ?

http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/1/29852.gif

indicaz (Indicaz)
Intermediate Member
Username: Indicaz

Post Number: 64
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2003 - 09:44 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

can be found from the good dood on the phone at
http://www.mycosupply.com

The tubing can be boiled without melting?

cool beans... why cant i just pressure cook the thing?

later
indi

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 7919
Posted on Saturday, November 22, 2003 - 01:27 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PC'ing is about 40 degrees hotter than boiling.
you may well be able to PC it,
but there's really no need to PC anything except whole grains, boiling works fine for these kinds of jobs.
might want to wrap it all in foil, to keep it from direct contact with the PC metal surfaces to minimize any risks of melting plastic parts.
http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/1/29852.gif

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: