Nice system for a auto chamber Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive » Archive » Grow Chambers & Clean Rooms. » Nice system for a auto chamber « Previous Next »

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

NeverNormal (Halfbaked)
Username: Halfbaked

Post Number: 12
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 04:04 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just found this misting unit at bigappleherp.com.It's kind of like the Homer sytem.Everything is put togther for ya just connect and few lines here and their into your grow chamber and connect the timer that comes with it and you got one nice auto system for ya grow chamber,well I would like to no if this would be woth buying it's a $100.Could be used for a huge grow room or that's what it says in the add.

Blodwen Van Ulbelhour (Blodwen_1)
Username: Blodwen_1

Post Number: 186
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 05:49 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Upload
We thought it was about time that a professional quality misting system was available for under $100. Presenting the Big Apple Misting System... a superior quality misting system designed to simulate the wet/dry cycles of a tropical rainforest by producing a controllable fine mist. It's the hassle free way to provide reptiles with the correct humidity level and to provide drinking water for dew lapping reptiles. This new system is up to 5 times quieter than competing models.

We made installation unbelievably simple... just fill the self contained reservoir with water and plug in the misting nozzles. Misting sessions can be programmed up to 14 times per day and to operate for as little as one minute or up to 4 minutes per session. The Big Apple misting system can accommodate up to 12 nozzles but will vary depending on distance from the pump and between the nozzles. The misting system is extremely compact and amazingly powerful, it is designed to perform equally well whether misting a single terrarium or an entire herp room.

To enhance the humidifying effect of the system we incorporated nozzles that produce a mist so fine that it will drift with the slightest current.
Each system comes with:
high pressure piston pump (55 PSI) with 12' power cord
7 day-96 cycle digital timer (program up to 14 on/off cycles daily)
2 gallon reservoir
1 complete nozzle assembly (nozzles are compact, less than 1 inch long)
10' of premium 1/4" high pressure hose
1-1/2' supply hose
super fine misting nozzle with 200 micron screen filter
elbow connector and 4 ties
Not only did we make this system the most affordable misting system on the market, it is as reliable and of the same high quality as misting systems costing hundreds of dollars more. The Big Apple misting system is also the perfect choice for small greenhouses, orchids, bonsai or anywhere where adding mist and humidity is required.

It could work for you, the contraption is rather simplex, and it seems to be a bucket, air pump with dispersion piece, a thin poly tube, and an unfamiliar timer.

The misting nozzles could be submergible, the question I'm wondering is how consistent will the mister be. The fine mist might depend on the water level. The "Super Fine Misting Nozzle" is of questionable/unknown quality, tubing is a little on the thin side, nice bucket.

Notice how they say, "produce a mist so fine that it will drift with the slightest current." You provide the needed current.

Nozzles are $6.95, the parts all together I'd estimate to be worth no more than $65.00, you’d still have to assemble it like the instructions say.

petri dish (Petri)
Username: Petri

Post Number: 50
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 03:33 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Nozzles are $6.95" where do you find these nozzles and what is a dispersion piece? Can you describe how the air from the pump picks up the moisture? I would be interested in a DIY mister and would be grateful for your help here. HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Post Number: 187
Posted on Thursday, November 27, 2003 - 08:45 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The nozzles which disperse, hence dispersion piece (produce a fine mist) are on the website www.bigappleherb.com. You can find similar nozzles, at Home Depot, hydroponics stores, and places that sell pond equipment.
The air from the pump probably works like a fish tank pump. Pumps air through the silicon line to small dispersion nozzle(s). The fine water mist leaves out the other outlet tube into the room.
There are a lot of parts that can fail on you.
I'm not sure if a DIY mister is the same as a fountain mister. If it is the best one to use is the three outlet mister, because it is the only one which has a floatation device which is a must have.
If you are doing a space of two indoor closet grow chambers the best thing to use is a cool mist humidifier, but if you need to power mist a whole room(s), or a greenhouse the homer technique is one way to go. Just make sure you do the research and know what the consequences are of growing that many mushrooms.
I can answer most of you're questions on how to put one together, it is a very simple and quick contraption to throw together. I've built all sorts of grow/incubation chambers; I'll do my best to answer any other questions you might have.
Happy Turkey Day

Blood

ello (Oneman)
Username: Oneman

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2003 - 01:09 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

can you have multiple nozzles from one water source? instead of conecting to a greenhouse, could you split it up and make a y tube connect two nozzles into two different chambers? If thats possible than that would be a good deal. I would think those wouldnt be that hard to setup eh?

petri dish (Petri)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 52
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2003 - 02:30 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess I just don't get how the air pump moves water to the nozzles.

Post Number: 189
Posted on Friday, November 28, 2003 - 04:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A homer tek mister will power more than closet grow chambers, if you use it for two closet chambers there will most likely be to much moisture resulting in trich. You can both split a cool mist and Homer tek system to provide moisture to multiple greenhouses/closet style grow chambers. The Big Apple Misting system above cannot be split with out an additional apparatus/hepa.

Petri- The air pump looks like a pond pump, but I don't think it is, it states that the distance from the pump to the nozzles are relavent to the amount of mist produced. This could mean that the airpump pulls air from the outside(maybe with a rubber diaphram) and pushes the air out through the tubes which lead to the nozzles causing bubbles producing a fine mist (like carbonation/soda pop).

The only other way this system could work differently is if it functions like an aeroponics system, (highly doubtful based on size, and proportions).

A fountain mister uses electricity to produce an ionic ultrasonic movement to vibrate water causing very fine mist.

petri dish (Petri)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 54
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2003 - 08:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is the pump to be submersed? How is the water introduced to the system?

Post Number: 195
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2003 - 10:38 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Big Apple's pump looks and makes sense that it isn't submersible. It looks like the pump sits outside of the bucket, blowing the air through the tubing, at the end of the tubes are the nozzles, which sit submerged in the bucket full of water. I don't have the unit in my hands but it seems like this would be the most feasible way it would work.
The Homer Tek system works with a mister, which floats in the water at optimal level, there is no pump just a black box which sits outside and provides electricity to the floating/submerged mister, the mister vibrates and creates fine ionized mist. The Mister is much easier to maintain and clean.
Both pumps system disturb the pool of water sitting in the bucket causing a fine mist.

The key is which breaks down the least, and which is able to be cleaned easily? The Big Apple system will be more of a problem, it was not built with shrooms, and sterility in mind.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 8235
Posted on Monday, December 01, 2003 - 02:40 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sweet.
nice link and write-up.
if anyone gets one be sure to let us know how it works out.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: