Colonization Temps??? Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Jars, Bags and Containers- Lids & Filters Incubation & Storage Colonization Temps??? Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Jamie (Jamie)
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 - 09:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The room I am growing in is at a constant 76 degrees, and I cannot use an incubator. Will this be ok for colonization even though recommended temps are 84-86???. Any input would be apreciated.

Thanx

Dr. Cubesis III (Newbieshroomer)
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 - 09:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmmm,

* Daring to stick my neck out *

Understand that I have only been at this a few months, I would suggest...

Leave them in the box they came in ( jars )
and they should colonize no problem by themselves.

I am learning that jars with proper ratios are doomed to fully colonize with or without an incubator, so it's a little cool where you are??
76 degrees ain't bad...

The gurus should come in and set ya straight soon :)

Nan (Nanook)
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 - 09:43 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All sounds fine to me. Jars will be slower, but they will grow fine at 76*F

hippie3 (Hippie)
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 - 10:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it would be better if you could at least get the temps up another 5 degrees for about 3-4 days until the spores germinate, then they'll do fine.
otherwise they may take awhile to get going.

Jamie (Jamie)
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 - 10:25 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanx for the help.