Deformed shrooms? Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Contams. Deformed shrooms? Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Crooked Shrooms - 1
Fat stems?Kmanhippie36 1 12-31-01  11:58 pm
The strangest thing is happening to my pins... I've never heard of ...Sysyphushippie311 1 01-03-02  03:36 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Kman (Kman)
Posted on Monday, December 24, 2001 - 06:46 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a quick question? I am currently in my first flush of 5 cakes. The question is I seem to be getting a lot of deformed caps on one of my cakes. Is there anything that could cause this? Strain, stress, thristy? Not to worried but if there is something obvious I would like to know. THX

Nan (Nanook)
Posted on Monday, December 24, 2001 - 07:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mutations are frequent. Batches of mutations may indicate something is wrong with the growing conditions... Or it may be that for some reason that particular batch of spores expresses a greater than average number of mutations... No way to know really without closely looking at a lot of variables.

Got a Pic?

hippie3 (Hippie)
Posted on Monday, December 24, 2001 - 10:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

could be chemical residues, parasites, etc.
the possibilities are enormous.
i'd advise isolating that cake, just in case it is parasites.

Kman (Kman)
Posted on Monday, December 24, 2001 - 10:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok thanx for the help, I was an unknown syringe from a deufus store owner so it might just be a lesser spores. thx

Joseph Bleaux (Voyager)
Posted on Thursday, January 03, 2002 - 11:55 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a problem with the shrooms (pf style) growing out in layers and the only way I can describe it is that it resembles a cabbage or artichoke. whats the deal? my first thought was lack of water, but this is after dunking...help?

hippie3 (Hippie)
Posted on Friday, January 04, 2002 - 02:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sorry, but this one is going to take a picture to diagnose. might just be a harmless mutant.

jim brown (Shrhobbyist)
Posted on Friday, January 04, 2002 - 11:01 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does it look like cauliflower? Like a bunch of tiny aborts with no caps in big (~1/2" diameter)clusters? I have seen that before. It either happens a lot or not at all. It must be the particular strain you have. When I have seen this it has been on cakes in a terrarium with cakes of another strain. The other cakes in the terrarium did fine so I doubt it is due to humidity.

Also, what did you use for the substrate? Once I used some Rye flour (PF tek, otherwise), the fruiting was (compared to BRF) poor with several of these "cauliflower" patches.