How To Make a Humidified Greenhouse S... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Grow Chambers & Clean Rooms. How To Make a Humidified Greenhouse Setup Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 11, 2003Highflyerridder25 1 12-11-03  01:05 am
Six tier greenhouse...fahtHippie312 1 02-28-04  06:46 pm

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

farmerlucky03 (Farmerlucky03)
Username: Farmerlucky03

Post Number: 319
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2003 - 04:54 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

where can i get one of the green houses from?
"McElroy were one of the same. We're Skyhighatrists."
Formula 51

who me? (Suckerfree)
Username: Suckerfree

Post Number: 17
Posted on Thursday, December 11, 2003 - 07:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

www.northerntool.com <-- for the greenhouse

hey hf, thanks for all your information, you are a great help. do you air out or fan out this greenhouse ever?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 9136
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2003 - 01:53 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i've found them at k-mart and lowe's and wal-mart.
pretty common actually.

Roc (Rochester)
Username: Rochester

Post Number: 648
Posted on Friday, December 12, 2003 - 03:47 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i just saw a couple at Big Lots for like 20.00 if ya have one close to ya.

Roc

farmerlucky03 (Farmerlucky03)
Username: Farmerlucky03

Post Number: 327
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 02:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sweet. Has anyone tried the mini green house

The lil blue people won't leave me alone.
Do you see em?
Their dancing around my feet.
AAAAHHHHHHH
***Farmer is taken to the "Crazy House"***

Kush (Mark ) (Masterkush)
Intermediate Member
Username: Masterkush

Post Number: 63
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 03:16 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why I came here...BRILL!!!!
All same exact same bits available locally too! :-)
Snap Crackle and Pot!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 9275
Posted on Tuesday, December 16, 2003 - 01:23 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone tried the mini green house
hmm, what are you talking about ?
many of us have used these or similar greenhouses, there are several archived threads on this subject.

Eatyualive (Eatyualive)
Username: Eatyualive

Post Number: 26
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 06:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here is a closeup of the hummer rigged with stuff!Upload
Upload

Eatyualive (Eatyualive)

Post Number: 27
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 06:34 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

often times when you use pvc piping it is hard to adjust the air speed. this is why sometimes casings dry out. with the sewer hose the air speed of the hummer does not increase thus creating a humid environment!

Rasilon (Rasilon)
Username: Rasilon

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 09:48 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wouldn't that expanding foam tend to trap contams, only to be hurled into the greenhouse when the humidifier comes on? Wouldn't fatter PVC work just as well as sewer hose?

Rasilon

Roc (Rochester)

Post Number: 671
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 10:07 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Checkout these options http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/2583.ht ml
Roc

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 9539
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2003 - 04:04 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

interesting, eatyu.
looks quite similar to my old rig,
except i used liquid nail instead of polyurethane.
and a funnel to a smaller flex hose.
still alot alike, worked good, too.
thx for sharing.

Marx2k (Marx2k)
Intermediate Member
Username: Marx2k

Post Number: 64
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 02:38 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where do you buy the greenhouse cheap like that? (metallic setup WITH plastic cover?)

Im in the middle of setting up my own but Im using a metallic shelving unit from Home Depot ($21) and gonna put together the plastic cover (plastic sheeting, $6, Home Depot and zipper material, $2 at a fabric store)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 9700
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 02:56 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

www.northerntool.com <-- for the greenhouse

Eatyualive (Eatyualive)

Post Number: 30
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 04:31 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rasilion- no! foaf has used this setup for years with no contams!

Nilla (Nilla)
Username: Nilla

Post Number: 450
Posted on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 05:19 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whats better with these ultra or cool?
Eatyu,can you brief me on your theory of the flex hose?Are you saying the bends in it will slow the air flow?

Nilla (Nilla)

Post Number: 460
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 12:15 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone?^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 10316
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 12:21 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

often times when you use pvc piping it is hard to adjust the air speed. this is why sometimes casings dry out. with the sewer hose the air speed of the hummer does not increase thus creating a humid environment!
if i'm interpreting eatyu's statement correctly,
i think he's refering to the fact that if you try to force a given amount of air at a certain pressure thru a hose,
the smaller the hose,
the faster the air flow.
so a small hose would give a strong breeze that might over-dry a casing whereas a big fat hose would have a weaker breeze.

Nilla (Nilla)

Post Number: 462
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 12:32 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see.,thats possible.I thought maybe the stuff being more surface area and having the ridges in it may help to clloect the water droplets making for more humnidity when the air blows over its interior.
So can someone still tel me which ones better for this setup?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 10320
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 12:49 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought maybe the stuff being more surface area and having the ridges in it may help to clloect the water droplets making for more humnidity when the air blows over its interior.
actually it is the reverse that would be true,
the more surface area in the tube,
the less humidity finally making it thru.

most folks report better long term results with a cool mist, ultrasonics do work well but are more prone to break down.
be sure to always used distilled or R/O water,
tap water kills either kind pretty fast.

Roc (Rochester)

Post Number: 834
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 12:53 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I still prefer the Kaz Koolmist and I like the flex hose leading up and connecting to a pvc pipe w/holes for distribution.

Roc

Roc (Rochester)

Post Number: 835
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 12:55 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's my last setup...
http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/29813.h tml?1058922712

http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/29905.html?1059005571

(Message edited by rochester on January 06, 2004)

(Message edited by rochester on January 06, 2004)
Roc

Nilla (Nilla)

Post Number: 466
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 03:09 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those plastic oven pans are a good idea.
Now are you just making one entry in your green house with the hose or are you running more of it through the green house with holes in it every foot or so like with Highflyers sonic setup?

Roc (Rochester)

Post Number: 836
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 02:12 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate to lead ya to such shitty pics but here was my first cake chamber setup... notice the pvc pipe distribution. I am doing the same thing now in the rack setup.
http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/3058.ht ml?1003878205
Roc

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 10355
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 03:00 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

damn, roc,
you've been around here a long time.

Roc (Rochester)

Post Number: 840
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 04:11 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Started out here many moons ago and as you can see I have stuck with ya through thick & thin!

I just wish I could have took ya up on the offer to be a mod here... maybe someday.

Roc

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 10370
Posted on Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 05:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just say 'when'.

Highflyer (Highflyer)
Username: Highflyer

Post Number: 862
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 05:52 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Casings drying out should be a non-issue if the setup is made similar to the description above.

I like the Reli-On ultrasonics because they have an adjustable humidity output. It makes getting humidity levels right alot easier. Havent had one break down yet. Always used distilled water in them.

Using one opening in the top of the greenhouse for humidity input will work fine. You dont have to do the PVC with holes idea.
"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." - Robert Frost

Roc (Rochester)

Post Number: 859
Posted on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 02:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My chamber is setting empty right now so I think I'll give Highflyers suggestion a try... maybe my luck with the earlier ultras was just bad luck.

Roc

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 10497
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 02:16 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my luck with the earlier ultras was just bad luck.
that's the only kind of 'luck' i ever have,
bad.

Yogi (Yogi)
Username: Yogi

Post Number: 174
Posted on Sunday, January 25, 2004 - 01:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Flyer, a question on incubation. If you are using trays with straw/poo, do you put them in the greenhouse immediately after spawning?Do you run the humidity during spawn or just during fruiting, and do you also cover them with foil till pins, or do you incubate the trays in a seperate area?

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 12748
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 02:08 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i use the ghouse for both fruiting casings and incubating ones,
just cover the incubating ones with foil a few days until they've run thru the casing.
still keep humidity & temp set to fruit.

Highflyer (Highflyer)

Post Number: 1117
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2004 - 07:02 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I usually incubate in the greenhouses if there is open room. I dont have the greenhouse closed though. I open up the greenhouse door, and turn off the humidifier for that greenhouse.

To foil or not depends on what type of tray is used. If the trays have a plastic lid to cover it, then that is used. If not, foil is used.

Greenhouses are closed and humidity turned on at the time of casing. Lids/foil are also removed at this time.
"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." - Robert Frost

who me? (Suckerfree)
Username: Suckerfree

Post Number: 252
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 04:05 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I usually incubate in the greenhouses if there is open room. I dont have the greenhouse closed though. I open up the greenhouse door, and turn off the humidifier for that greenhouse.

why do you keep the door open? to let fresh air in so contam doesn't build up? just wondering.
"Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll understand."
- Confucius

Highflyer (Highflyer)

Post Number: 1127
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2004 - 05:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

to let fresh air in

Yeah. No need to keep it sealed during this time. The lid/foil keep all the humidity needed in the trays.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: