OMC History of the Panaeolus Cambodgi... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive » Archive » Non Cubie Shrooms » OMC History of the Panaeolus Cambodginiensis « Previous Next »

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Jesse James (Spacecowboy)
Username: Spacecowboy

Post Number: 440
Posted on Saturday, December 06, 2003 - 10:21 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is the story behind this mushroom, is it really what it says it is, or something else. THE has it as being brought back from Cambodia on one of Mushroom John Allen’s adventures. So I suppose he would be the expert on it. Is it a camboginiensis?

Posts over at the Shroomery claim otherwise, they say it is a Pan cyan and not a Pan cam. Other than the THE, I have only noticed a couple other vendors that carried it, but now it seems that it is nowhere to be found.

MJ if your out there can you shed some light on this. What is the truth behind this discovery of yours, and who had access to it?

And has anyone here ever grow it?

If it's not broken, then the government will try to fix it until it is.

big slick (Baddaboom)
Intermediate Member
Username: Baddaboom

Post Number: 54
Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2003 - 11:23 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I bought a pan cambo syringe from ralphster a couple of years ago he might know its origins.

I failed in my attemps to grow it, I blaim in on my 6 qt 10 psi pressure cooker all my pan cambo cakes showed mycelium growth but contamed before full colonization. I also did 6 koh birdseed cakes and 3 of them were succesfull...
Everything I write is a total work of fiction

Never give up never surrender

Mjshroomer (Mjshroomer)
Username: Mjshroomer

Post Number: 272
Posted on Sunday, December 07, 2003 - 04:28 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Panaeolus cambodgeniensis was originally discovered and named by Gyorgy-Miklos Ola'h from Cambodia and can be found in the book, "Le Genre panaeolus" (The Genus Panaeolus).

It has also been found in Hawaii by me and also in Peru by Pollock.

It is a small Copelandia which, when analysed contained the most psilocybine of any Copelandia found, but then again that was a single collection.

They grow in a specific field on Oahu Island. I have only found a few in Cambodia. Just like the P. tropicalis which is extrememly rare yet many in Amsterdam say they have it and analysis shows they are C. cyanescens.

. In 12 years we only one one collection of this mushroom in Hawaii of the P. tropicalis (which fruited from a fresh manure head during a 21 day period. Photos are at my site, yet Mr. G, alleged creator of the B+ claims he has a whole field of P. tropicalis The latter is a shroom which is extremely rare and found maybe 3-4 to every five hundred or more C. cyanescens shrooms.

Another Rare Copelandia species, C. bispora was also found in Hawaii. Originally only know of from Central Africa, the C. bispora was found in Bern Switzerland covering a lawn like a rug a few years ago

Very far north for a tropical and subtropical species. WHile the C. bispora was rare in Suisse, it never returned the following year int he church yard lawn. I did n post pictures of this and if someone wants to look it up in the forums at the shroomry than post a link. I have the worst trouble finding things in search engines.
mj

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 8833
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 01:56 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so, mj-
is ryche accurate about his having gotten the Panaeolus Cambodginiensis from you,
and are his spores really Panaeolus Cambodginiensis ?

Mjshroomer (Mjshroomer)
Username: Mjshroomer

Post Number: 278
Posted on Monday, December 08, 2003 - 02:42 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YEs he had spores from a collection analysed by Tjakko Stijv from 1991 which I collected at Angkor Wat

mj

(Message edited by mjshroomer on December 08, 2003)

Jesse James (Spacecowboy)
Username: Spacecowboy

Post Number: 478
Posted on Saturday, December 13, 2003 - 09:49 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Mjshroomer for reassuring me, I have always had great faith in THE in being true to what they offer.

Maybe one day this magnificently rare discovery of yours will go around again.

If it's not broken, then the government will try to fix it until it is.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: