New Tex Birdseed/ brf substrate pix Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Substrate: Shroom Food Grain Teks Birdseed New Tex Birdseed/ brf substrate pix Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Eatyualive (Eatyualive)
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2001 - 04:31 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok the substate is brf/birseed(finch) mixed like a basic pf tek mixture only same amounts of steeped finch seed added as brf. most of these pics are 2nd flush. i have been getting excellent results from the birdseed. the mushies seem to be heartier, more potent, and the cakes flush extremely well in later flushes. i have some of ralph's ks on birseed substrate still fruiting in a 5th flush. the other ks cakes are on a third flush. 1
ok these 4 pics are from the previous harvest. only this mushroom was growing off of this cap.

Fishy1 (Fishy1)
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2001 - 04:59 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like seed too
I used to hate the shit. Never was consistent. 2/1 seed to water in pints at 15 psi for 1 hour works.
Do you have probs w/ the rice clumping/stickiness? Dunno if I understood the "recipe" right. Shakeable?
Anyhow, yer a fuckin' nut (as always)!! Looks great--fishy1

Eatyualive (Eatyualive)
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2001 - 09:47 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fishy1,
i just mix the brf then add the steeped birdseed. i don't make the substrate shakable unless i am doing the bulk tek in a polyeurothane bag. the 1/2 pint jars seem to small to shake. i may try straight birseed one of these days. i tried birdseed and verm once and it didn't work well.

hippie3 (Hippie)
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2001 - 03:10 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

do you pc or steam these mixed cakes ?

ShrooMaster (Shroomaster)
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2001 - 11:48 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

damn id try to clone that freak sumbitch you got there. too late id say though....

Eatyualive (Eatyualive)
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2001 - 01:19 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i pc the jars. i pc everything even 50/50 casing.

hippie3 (Hippie)
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2001 - 04:08 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i figured as much, since adding seeds to cakes would require that.

Eatyualive (Eatyualive)
Posted on Saturday, December 29, 2001 - 03:43 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah i almost burned a hole in my kitchen once steaming the jars. the towel in the pan caught fire and burned all of my jars and the pan. sucked. but i love my pc. i got it from mushroom people many years ago and it works great. it is a 22 quart. i got it for around 120 when it was going at other places for about 180. hell of a deal.