Spawn Bags Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Jars, Bags and Containers- Lids & Filters Spawn Bags Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Highflyer (Highflyer)
Username: Highflyer

Post Number: 833
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 02:09 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a large sized bag. It fit 8 quarts of corn spawned with 1 quart of colonized corn. So 9 quarts worth total. Prolly could have squeezed in another as well.

Upload

No impulse sealer was used. Bag just taped closed.

Upload

"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." - Robert Frost

rodger rabbit (Skyypilot)
Username: Skyypilot

Post Number: 1285
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 02:18 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very nice. Is that masking tape? And it held? I've used electrical cable ties, but with those you can't fill the bag as full as you have.
"I feel rowdy and I don't know why. . .Excuse me, while I kiss the sky!" jimi hendrix

Highflyer (Highflyer)

Post Number: 835
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 02:23 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah its masking tape. A V was made over the opening with the tape, and several layers were used.
"I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way." - Robert Frost

Joe Millionaire (Rotterdam_y2k)
Username: Rotterdam_y2k

Post Number: 500
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 05:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My buddy is definately gonna do something similar with rye grass seed and mex-a.
"Ekam Sat Vipras Bahudda Vidante"
The One Truth is named by the wise in many ways.

psycho naut (Xochipilli2012)
Username: Xochipilli2012

Post Number: 251
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 09:27 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

damn and I just bought a $60 dollar sealer.

do I feel stupid.

I_am_me (I_am_me)
Username: I_am_me

Post Number: 239
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 09:57 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heheh don't feel stupid. Just think of it as 30 rolls of masking tape! :-)
Microscopes are my hobby. I do not cultivate anything.

Expert Contam Grower (Exprtcntamgrowr)
Username: Exprtcntamgrowr

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2003 - 10:22 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just an FYI you can get impulse sealers from harbor freight for $30.They have several sizes too. These make a 1mm wide seal, so you generaly hit the bag twice, I bought a more expensive one in pscyco naut's price range that does a 5mm wide "food grade" seal and I only use it now.
Here's the harbor freight link if interested.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem. taf?itemnumber=43476

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 9436
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2003 - 02:14 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i got a nice sealer w/vacume attachment off ebay for $30

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 11450
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 12:43 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archive material

Highflyer (Highflyer)

Post Number: 961
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 01:14 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would like to add that professional grade masking tape needs to be used if going the tape route. Or another even better kind of tape...but tape will work fine.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator

Post Number: 11462
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 01:16 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

got a few more pix ?

NeverNormal (Halfbaked)
Username: Halfbaked

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 01:19 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey HighFlyer can ya tell me a little bit more on how you make popcorn spawn bags.Mine always get to many water droplets inside and fail so I just stopped using them.I rather use them instead of cleaning and messing with jars.Pain in the ass LOL.

- - - - - (Redstorm)
Username: Redstorm

Post Number: 42
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 05:32 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you add the tape before PC'ing or immediately after? Don't leave us hanging, we need the details!

Great job though!

pshroom (Pshroom)
Username: Pshroom

Post Number: 215
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 06:58 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What kind of filter is on that bag? Tyvek?
And how is it attached?
.~*Your eyes go funny but you can't place why*~.

Highflyer (Highflyer)

Post Number: 967
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2004 - 10:42 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When making popcorn, I always dry it off for a minute in a towel after the rinse. This gets rid of the moisture problem.

The bags were folded, and clothespinned closed before the pc. The tape was added after the g2g.

The bags are called filter patch bags. The filter comes on it. Not sure exactly what its made of. The bags were purchased from sporeworks. They have the best prices on them.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: