Post Number: 145
|Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 03:29 am:||
I thought I posted this pic but it dissapeared. its a muscaria i found today that is 9 inches wide and was put in the dryer to hold it
who me? (Suckerfree)
Post Number: 36
|Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 03:36 am:||
what the hell is that yo!?
Post Number: 661
|Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 07:37 am:||
MMM looks tasty. What do Amanita taste like?
I always thought they looked really tasty.
Make sure to cook it first so the Ibotenic acid is converted into Muscimol. Might be the other way around, but either way cook it before you eat it.
Post Number: 662
|Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 07:46 am:||
Prepration of A. muscaria
This method is not something simply read from a book and passed along.
It is a tried and true method (by myself an many others). This
wonderful carpophore has a oddly dangerous "taboo" surrounding it which
is undeserved. Granted, it does contain some toxins. These have been
HIGHLY overemphasized, *PLUS* there has been a great deal of
misinformation about this mushroom (and its species cousins.). This is
due to a number of reasons which I will try to make clear here.
First; the procedure.
Make sure the cap to stem ratio is kept about 3:1, the same as it is
found per mushroom in the natural state. Dry on screen in the oven on
the lowest setting with door cracked open. This only takes an hour or
so at most. Render into a powder in a small electric coffee or spice
grinder/mill; the finer the better. I try to attain a powder size like
baking powder and certainly finer than coffee. This WILL NOT affect
the activity of the end product, it only makes ingestion more
difficult. Use around 1 cup water per dose and start with a bit more
than this to allow for evaporation during processing.
The lower end dose/person is 8 grams dried and the upper end is 15 to
20 grams dried. What follows is the most important part of the entire
ritual of preparation. Bring the water up to within a few degrees of
190 degress (F). Use a high quality candy thermometer or better yet, a
lab thermometer. This temperature shouldn't vary more than 22 degrees
on the upper end. A little simmering won't kill it, but it is an
indication that one has reached at least 212. You'll find stirring
lowers the temperature very quickly, but it's best to keep a close eye
on things throughout. Once 190 has been reached, stir in the powered
material and leave to steep at least 30 minutes. I usually leave it
there for at least 1/2 hour to 3/4 hour, stirring frequently.
Allow to cool until warm enough to drink. That's all there is to it!
The active principle in A. muscaria was, until quite recently, thought
to be muscarine. Dr. Albert Hofmann and Dr. Richard Schultes have
discovered, in tandem with Dr. Eugster in Switzerland and Dr. Takemoto
in Japan, MAINLY ibotenic acid and muscimole as the active
principles. The ibotenic acid fraction is converted, via the
refluxing in water, into muscimole. Inconsequential amounts of other
alkaloids ARE present, but largely inactive mentally.
Muscarine IS the TOXIN of this mushroom, which is converted to
muscimole during the reflux as well. It remains intact in the raw
Part of the reasons behind the medical misinformation surrounding A.
muscaria is due to the fact that many people who have presented to
physicians with stated "mushroom poisoning" were generally thought to
have ingested A. phallodies. They then usually promptly administer
atropine, which would be fine if one HAD INDEED ingested this toxic
mushroom. But it only exacerbates toxic effects of the raw A. muscaria
several hundred fold, sometimes resulting in the death of the patient
(and this only infrequently..) Known deaths recorded from it are rare.
These have usually been children who ate HUGE amounts of the RAW
mushroom. One child died only after eating almost two dozen large
Abstain from ALL OTHER drugs for 24 hours previous to ingestion, with
the exception of sativa/indica or tobacco. Likewise during the entire
experience and 8 or so after. From 1/2 to 1 1/2 hours after ingestion
(preferably on an empty stomach) you will begin to get drowsy. You may
notice (on higher doses), slightly blurred vision, watery eyes and/or a
bit of a runny nose. One will begin to feel increasingly relaxed. At
this point it is important to lie down in a area where you will not be
disturbed and sleep.
This stage is critical. I find a alchemical analogy of the body, in
this case being the alembic, in which the crude product is transformed
into the purest soma. Dreaming can be EXTREMELY intense, and sometimes
the transition from dreaming to what seems a clear and lucid dream upon
awakening presents itself. Awakening and arising is like a caterpillar
methmorphosizing into a butterfly. This is not like anything else.
It is mostcertainly NOT like psilocybin! The more you become familar
with the glorious qualities, the better the symbiosis between the two
of you will be. Superior pain relief, floating euphoria, effortless
movement and general feelIngs of peace and well beIng. Another thing I
noticed is the almost complete and effortless quieting of the "internal
chatter" inside my mind. My friend, Triple Six, and I both agreed that
it lends itself perfectly to long periods of meditation.
These are all at the 8 to 10 gram level.
Above that (which one should have a non-ingesting guide; but I suppose
if I need to be telling anybody that, they shouldn't even be
contemplating this anyway) one may experience out-of-body experiences,
seeing and communicating with praternatural entities, unity with the
object of ones attention, ESP, feelings of flying and many differing
types of ecstacy.
Today, this mushroom is totally legal. Don't frivolously abuse it, and
it will probably remain that way. It is unique in that it doesn't lend
itself to abuse by ignorant, impulsive, impatient and/or irresponsible
people. It seems to have a built in safeguard in that it requires the
user to follow a few more rules and attend to more detail in order to
achieve success. If not used correctly, it screens out others by
making them so sick, they are in no hurry to repeat the experience.
Used incorrectly, it is uncomfortable at best and dangerous at worst.
Used correctly, it is pleasurable at its worst and limitlessly
creative, intensely ecstatic, universally benefical and incredibly
healing at its best!
(Message edited by admin on December 29, 2003)
Post Number: 146
|Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 08:29 am:||
probably will never eat it but I couldn't resist picking this monster1
Post Number: 59
|Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 02:09 pm:||
Nice muscinol mushroom !
Let him dry, cut at pieces and mix with, Wild Dagga,Damiana,passiflora, sativa roots, a small amount of salvia and smoke it.
This is my shamanic blend formula.
I love it !
"Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still"
Post Number: 315
|Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2003 - 04:54 pm:||
Damn thats huge.... very nice find.
Acording to my friend (who ate a couple small chunks of fried stalk before the mushroom told him to stop eating it) it tastes very strong, but not a strong flavor, just STRONG, and good.
Mushrooms are very high in a natural form of MSG, thats why adding the reletivly bland store mushrooms to something makes it so much better. I suspect that amanitas are very high in that compound, along with all their other ones.
A multiclass lvl 1 shaman, lvl 2 fighter, and lvl 6 auto mechanic.
Post Number: 148
|Posted on Friday, December 26, 2003 - 06:39 am:||
I have heard that these mushrooms can be rendered edible and non psychoactive. Seems like a very pretty dish to me! I'll let you all know if it works out
Post Number: 9877
|Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 01:54 am:||
but i'll never eat another ones of those,
no fun at all.
ordeal is what it is.
Post Number: 149
|Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 02:08 am:||
Yeah Hip, thats why I want to tryem as an edible rather than a psychoactive. It involves boiling the mushroom and disgarding the water. I am not gonna try it till I get the EXACT recipe
Post Number: 579
|Posted on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 07:06 am:||
1. boil an amount of water you don't mind drinking once it tastes like shit (because it will).
2. add a few crushed up vitamin c pills or lemon juice (this adds acidity to the water all though I am not sure this is neccessary)
3. add your mushies
4. boil for 15 minutes
5. for the last three minutes of boiling add a tea bag to cover up the taste of the shrooms.
6. strain mixture; discard mushies.
7. let cool and add a large amount of sugar.
8. drink it down
*And without a thought of the consequence
I gave in to my decadence* Pink Floyd
Post Number: 10008
|Posted on Monday, December 29, 2003 - 02:29 pm:||