Birth before pinning Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive BRF TEK : BRF Cakes. How long does it take to get fruit? Pinning??? Birth before pinning Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

awalter44 (Farmerinthedell)
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 12:50 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had 10 jars that I birthed into my terrarium before any pins were showing because I needed the jars for the next batch. They were completely covered with mycellium, just no pins. I am using pf spore race/PF tek and the only reason I rushed it was because I am pretty sure I recieved the "degenerated" spores and was eager to start fresh with new syringes. The cakes in the terrarium are now showing pins, but I wanted to know if I will see a weak harvest because I birthed them so early? what are the other downsides to an early birthday?

Brettiejams (Brettiejams)
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 01:09 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No ill effects to birthing early other than the cake just might take a little longer to pin up.

Hatcher (Hatcher)
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 01:32 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right.Wait to see pinnin' in the jars and you'll be waitin' a lot longer than you have to.

Maliki vision seaker (Maliki)
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 03:26 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree my last batch i waited out a few jars and they refused to pin untill i birthed them . All my jars are now post first flush. Except the one i havent birthed and it still has no pins. As well as i noticed the ones that i birthed before i saw pins put out a much better first flush. It would seem that when the cakes are given suficent time to grow into its casing layer befor pins show they put out a much better flush then when the pining cakes are layed fresh onto a casing layer that has no growth in it.

plinkerdink420 (Plinkerdink420)
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 04:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think that the whole thing with invitro pinning was that it is suppose to increase first flush yeilds... can't remember for sure, but i think that's what fanaticus said on his website

Hatcher (Hatcher)
Posted on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 04:18 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fully colonize, down to that last spot on the bottom, a week is insurance, two days if ya want, introduce 'em to the world you've made for 'em...