So, How am I doing?(PF tek and honey ... Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Liquid Culture: Karo/Honey/Dextrose Q&A So, How am I doing?(PF tek and honey tek) Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Bucket-O-Shrooms (Bucketoshrooms)
Username: Bucketoshrooms

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 09:42 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A few pictures of my setup, curently 4 PF jars in an incubator I made. Its been 18 days since I shot them up with a Malabar syringe from earthstonge.com.

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 09:51 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Iam new to this site and this hobby
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 09:58 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

more
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

I think I added to much water in the bottom of this last one. It was first to take off but now its stalling at the wet and compacted substrate at the bottom.

Marvin Martian (Marvinm92)
Username: Marvinm92

Post Number: 182
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 10:00 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to Mycotopia... Cool, looks like yer on the right track... Nifty incubator too...

One thing though... Show me the honey! Show me the honey!
A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkeys monkey...

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 10:20 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And lastly the honey tek jars at 2 days. The one with more soultion is from the same malabar spores and the other from a texas print(made in a glovebox). Its been about 3 days since I took theese pics so theyre alot farther along now, with the malabar getting cloudy, however the texas jar seems to be unchanged. I can still see the little black spores; maybe they need time to germinate?
Upload
Upload
Upload

Post Number: 5
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 10:40 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well thats been my labor of the past month and a half, hopefully Ill be rewarded soon. Iam hoping for an xmass birthday(around the 25th). I told a few freinds it might be cool to eat some shrooms on New Years; dose anyone think Ill have fruits by then? Ive been exposing them to light a few hours a day since I took the pics, but no pins yet. I want too fruit on a bed of Geo-Lite(hydroton) pellets, with a small airstone at the bottom. How deep should I have the Geo-Lite and the water?

Marvin: I hope you like the honey pics(or could you just not resist the movie-referenced pun?), Ill be updating them as I go. Also its always good to see another overgrower at this site. I like mycotopia cause its got a similar vibe to OG, vast forums backed up with a huge info archive(growfaqs). Plus their both hella chilled, 'cept Overgrow has a whole lot more goofballs hanging around. I always go their when I need a laugh, but mycotopia is growing on me with its warm atmosphere

Anyways people, nuf said for today.
catch yall latter..

Post Number: 183
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2003 - 11:06 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would take a sterile knife and cut the bad parts of the cakes away when you birth...

As for honey tek, heres a post you should check out... I love honey... Pictures at different stages with dates, may give you an idea... I would have filled that left jar more...
http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/2/64395.h tml

If you have mushies by the new year, please tell us your secret... IMO it's not gunna happen, a few weeks at least... I would start giving light from day 1, those semi-clear buckets should be good enough... Why not KISS for your first go and use 2-3in of damp perlite? No standing water, 1/4 at most... Misting will keep this good... Double end case those cakes with verm and your on your way... I would wait to birth until you see primordia form in the jars themselve...

I have 2 people in mind who you are by them name... Any chance it's that obvious?

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 01:07 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I was planning on waiting for primordia before birthing. I had a few layers of towels inside the incubator, which I have now removed. Hopefully this drops the temps from 84-86(as they've been) to the 78-82 range. That sounds like a good mid-range between pinning/colonizing temps, no? Plus it lets in more light.

Is rizomorphic growth any indicator of when pins will occur? Because every one of my jars has very ropy, bright white groth. Its amazing realy(dosent show up in pics well), I dont think Ive ever seen such strong growth on this or other shroom sites; however I am just a newbie so take it with a grain of salt. When I birth you'll see it.

Heres more honey pics, after mentaly retracing the last week, I realized these are actullaly only 4 days old(today), and yes the last was at 2 days.
Upload
Upload
Upload
These were taken about 30 minutes ago of the Malabar. I cant see any more spores in the texan jar(not shown) so maybe they rehydrated and germinated.

Marvin Martian: I can ganurantee you dont know me from overgrow; as I rarely posted and never made a big name for myself. However spending 1+ year there reading every post, veiwing every picture, and occasionly throughing in my 2 cents tought me how to grow the good herb: and do it right. Iam gonna make a new handle there and show off my (buddies) new grow.
BTW which OGer did you say I have a similar name to?(Iam sure there has to be a million bucket-o-weeds there)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 9738
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 01:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i doubt you have much by new year's but it may surprise me, it'll be close.

welcome both to our hobby
and mycotopia.

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2003 - 11:51 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

update, day 6 of same jar

Upload
Upload

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 9848
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 12:52 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

these are some really nice pix,
archive material to honey tek.

hey does overgrow exchange links with other sites ?
it'd be nice to have a link to mycotopia there,
and i'd happily put up theirs here.

Post Number: 193
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 08:12 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well 4 days until New Years, got pins yet?

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 11:43 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, its past new years and not a damn single pin.

Oh well heres some old pics of the honey tek at day 9, its safe to say it hasnt grown any more since then. Ill try to put in the fridge now(to bad I live with a few MycoPhobic people, who cant tolorate some strange living "fungus" to be in the same presance as their food), What is the longest I could leave it at room temp before it dies?(5% soulution).

Upload
Upload

And lastly heres my terraium with geolite, Ive been toying with it the last few days to get everything just right for my new little freinds. Its a 2.5 gal tank that I will birth the 3 best cakes to(Ill proabaly make a casing from the last). I know in the pic it says the RH is 72% but I had just put it back together for(hopefully) the last time, it was at 85% before but I sealed the lid better since then. Actullaly it had mad condensation on the walls so mabye my humidistat is off?(I here they rarely give a good reading above 80%). I will try to calibrate it with that salt trick and if all else fails Ill just switch to damp perlite
Upload

banjojo (Banjojo)
Username: Banjojo

Post Number: 309
Posted on Friday, January 02, 2004 - 05:17 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

do they allow yogurt and cheese in their fridge?
there's a fungus among us!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: