Outdoor patch help needed Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Outdoor Cubie Cultivation Outdoor patch help needed Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

imsickofweed (Imsickofweed)
Username: Imsickofweed

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 01:51 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ive grown a couple batches of cubs with just single cakes, but i wanted to do something outside and what better stain to do than some azure's. im in socal and would appreciate any experiences people have had with them. also was thinking of expanding indoor growing and switching strains, any suggestions.

mycos eleusis (Exshroomer)
Username: Exshroomer

Post Number: 435
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 07:08 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's plenty of stuff in the Archives, which I'm about to hit up for info on outdoor beds myself.

As far as strains, I've only ever used the PF Classic until I had to shut down operations....just before he got busted. So I was able to collect 4 prints and chose the Cambodian out of them.

I innoculated 12 days ago....now they're almost at 100% colonization with no incubator, sitting in the late 60's/early 70's temps. I shit you not!!! They may have been done by now in temps like yours. They may do wonderfully in temps like yours!

Very impressed so far, and they haven't even fruited for me to eat them yet!
"Bake them Donuts with extra grease;
This batch is for the chief of Police!"

Unknown

Pskovinsky (Pskov)
Username: Pskov

Post Number: 321
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2003 - 07:10 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well first i wouldn't really recommend telling us exactly where you live. but aside from that if where you live is warm enough (60+ when it rains... or at least most of the time) you can probably grow cubensis outside. if it's to cold then you can grow Ps. cyans. azures i'm pretty sure won't grow wild south of oregon.... not totaly sure though.
--Pskov(insky)
A multiclass lvl 1 shaman, lvl 2 fighter, and lvl 6 auto mechanic.
Stats unknown.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 9854
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 01:11 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a good cubie strain that's popular these days is the Texan.
as for azures,
lots of info here-
http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/28888.h tml
http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/28433.h tml
http://archives.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/48.html

Burnt (Burnt)
Username: Burnt

Post Number: 17
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2003 - 10:06 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a friend of mine has had some good success growing outdoors in the summer. he lives in conneticut then however. but all he used was cubensis strains. took the jars mixed with straw and manure i forget what he used exactly but he just basically made casings outside. he reccommends putting a tarp over in beginning. i think he also had bins in the ground to keep the conditions more to his liking. but he said the mushrooms grew huge and there was tons of them. hes very eager to try again next season. but also what i thought was interesting was certain bugs were eating at base of mushrooms and running around like fiends. would probaly be interesting to research to see how psilocybin relates with such beings. who knows theres ants that farm fungus/mushrooms maybe u could teach some ants to farm shrooms that would be wonderful. i was actually thinking about feeding ant colonies just mycelium to see what happens?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: