In-Vitro ?'s from a newbie Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Invitro [MycroTeks] In-Vitro ?'s from a newbie Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

Fungi (Fungi)
Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 05:40 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is my first time cultivating. I inoculated 5 double-end cased - 1/4 pint jars 5/1, and 3 other jars 5/5 with a pf syringe via "PF Tek" with the max fruiting formula.

On 5/21 I noticed seeing pins forming on 3 of the 5/1 cakes. It's 5/22 and 5 of the 7 are fully colonized, and all are nice and white. 4 of the 7 cakes have 8-9 pins each. The 5/5 jars still have yet to show pins, but I bet they are shortly on their way. They are almost all fully colonized. One of the 5/1 jars that was fully colonized 6 days ago, shows a fatty about 1/4" tall.

I plan to grow all the jars in-vitro, except for 1 which I plan to use the 'Chronic Tek' to get a print from for later syringes. Should I birth the fully colonized cakes now to remove the double-end casing vermiculite? Should I bleach dunk them overnight tonight? Suggestions welcome, first timer here. I don't want to ruin something that has gone well so far. When can I expect to be harvesting? Thanks for all replys!

Fungi

simon simon (Agiakaradread)
Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 08:56 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a foaf innoculated on 5/08
and is athe same stage'

His mouth is watering

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Wednesday, May 22, 2002 - 09:20 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you can birth and remove the verm. now, then return to invitro.
a dunk is fine, but if you follow it with a bleach dip, use a time limit of 5-10 minutes, using no more than 1 part bleach to 100 water.

simon simon (Agiakaradread)
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 02:47 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

500 ml
to 5 ml is cool then ?(any average measurement you use?)
Later
agithedreadheadfromthehomesstead(i am high excuse me humouring myself)

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 12:08 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yup, that'll work.

lurker (Lurker)
Posted on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 08:13 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,
Well, Dick Cheney called /me/ and asked this question. I told him I'd pass it along to you and let him know (he's too paranoid after the Enron thing to post here himself). When doing the in vitro tek (thanks Hip!), at what point do you change to fruiting conditions, i.e. lower the temp. Dick's jars are just about 100% colonized in his 86 degree incubator. Should he wait another 4-7 days as he would if he were going to birth the cakes, or is it time to drop the temp down to 75? Thanks.

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 09:16 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

in another 4-7 days, but you do not have to, they will fruit fine at hotter temps too.

lurker (Lurker)
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:19 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a first-timer, I can't tell you how exciting it is to see my cakes fruiting! It's incredible. I guess you veterans remember the feeling. Anyway, my question is this: I'm doing the Hippie neglect tek and I'm not sure when to harvest. Since they're all crammed in there, there is not really room for the caps to open. How can I tell when to pick? Thanks for all the info. This fruiting is for all of you! (Wish I could talk about this in chat, but I still can't get it to work)

WZN߀ (Wåzën)
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 12:45 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have just re-read through every archive pertaining to grwoing invitro and couldent find anything about excessive light exposure. I was wondering if there were any positive/negative effects besides premature pinning, on jars that were exposed to indrect light 24/7 since innaculation. In fact, this is how 4 of my first invitro jars are currently growing for 8 days and counting . Majority of them have better colonization than the jars growing in total darkness. If this is a bad thing to do, would putting them into totall darkness shock the myc.? Im always down for a good experiment, just looking for some good advice.

aloha,
WåZëN

WZN߀ (Wåzën)
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 01:26 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C:\My Documents\Messenger Service Received FileslC:My DocumentsMessenger Service Received Filesjar.jpgjar.jpg

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2002 - 03:41 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pick whenever you want. when the jar gets full is fine.
no such thing as excessive light unless it's too hot like sunlight.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: