To hot temperatues Return To Archives | Search

Please Visit Our New Forums at Mycotopia
Please visit our Sponsors

Mycotopia Web Archive Archive Grow Chambers & Clean Rooms. Mycotopia Tek Q&A Temperatures To hot temperatues Previous Next

ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page
Topic Author Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pageBottom of pageLink to this message

WZN߀ (Wåzën)
Posted on Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 02:47 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

first off i want to say thank you to everyone here at mycotopia.. you have all been a very big help:) I have a small problem.. right now the day time temperatures reaches 85f. The low temps reach about 70-75 but rarely more. This is perfect for incuubation provided a good closet light at night.. but what about fruiting? i have hardly any cash and no air condition. im woried that these high day time temperatures will affect my fruiting when the time comes. i have no way of cooling down the fruiting chamber. i also read about dunking in the refrigerator to stimulate pinning. How will temperatues affect the fruiting if they reach 85f? are there any really cheap ways to cool down a fruting chamber?

Malformed (Malformed)
Posted on Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 02:56 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

good question, also my problem. with a fan my rubbermaid chamber gets to about 80-85 deg F. with about 90% humidity. this allright for fruiting?
i have 12 cakes that are all doing 'ok' in these temps , but not the same lightning fast fruiting that people seem to get.
any one got some answers for us?

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 03:36 am:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Even though you will still be able to fruit at those temps,
a couple of ideas are:
to freeze a bottle of water and put in the chamber.
to hang a wet cloth in front of a fan blowing onto the chamber.
Try these suggestions and let us know what works the best for you.
Hope this helps :)

jack black (Bold_Cucumber)
Posted on Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 03:04 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You probably want to try the ice deal for a couple of days to drop the temps and help initiate pinning, but once you get pins 80-85 is great.

Dr. Cubesis III (Newbieshroomer)
Posted on Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 07:52 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice work imok

WZN߀ (Wåzën)
Posted on Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 08:35 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thank you imok and jack for the advice. Only with the help of everyone here at mycotopia (and fanaticus!) was I able to make growing mushrooms a dream come true:) im really excited because after many many countless hours of research and effort, ihave my first jars ready and my 2 pf spore syringes ready to go.. i canteven believe the time has come.. i feel like a little kid in Disney World

WZN߀ (Wåzën)
Posted on Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 08:37 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

p.s. ill be sure to let you all know how my first attempt is going THANX EVERYONE!!!!!

Hippie3 (Admin)
Posted on Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 10:05 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

heat does not reduce fruiting,
that's just not true.
they will fruit just fine well into the 90's.
we don't usually recommend it for 2 reasons, neither of which are of much real concern, imo.

first, heat makes everything grow faster,
including other organisms, so if contams are a problem then reduce the heat. but if you've got everything nice and clean, no problem.

second, some claim that heat reduces potency
but i say it ain't so.
at least not while they are still living attached to the substrate/casing.
shrooms grown at 95 are just as potent, imo, as those grown at 75.

and a wet towel can be placed around the terrarium, or a wet sock on a jar, and a fan's breeze directed at them, that is called evaporative cooling, and it works good enough for our purposes.

Imok Urok2 (Imok)
Posted on Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 10:15 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WZN߀ (Wåzën)
Posted on Saturday, June 01, 2002 - 10:21 pm:Edit Post Quote Text Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

exactly the answer i was hoping for.:) its gona be a really hot year here in hawaii.. i want nothing but the best for my new growing friends...thanx hippie! you have been much help throughout my learning experience.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: