That's terrible.

#62 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,837 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

Concerning the opiates vs cannabis, ironically I know someone who needs pain meds and can't get them because of testing positive for cannabis. For him this lead to heroine addiction.

Im sorry but Im calling bullshit.  Not on you, because I understand you are just retelling someone else's story, but it simply isnt true that cannabis led to his heroine addiction.  More accurately the pain killers led to it, but not the cannabis.  Blame game; its funny, because we can blame all sorts of things for our problems, but at the end of the day, lets be honest and take responsibility for our own actions.  Its also true that we have an epidemic of OD deaths that can be blamed on excessive pain killers, which may have even began with appropriately filled scripts written by actual Drs for actual pain, but again its a stretch to blame cannabis for any of that.  If anything, its potential for pain relief eclipses that of opiates, especially if risks are considered a factor.  People strung out on opiates often move to heroine for that same high, when cut off from the pills, chasing the dragon, but blaming the cannabis in his system for his inability to score more pills, is weak.  Wanting more and more.. insatiably.. will eventually kill him, or he escapes, and some people do that with the help of cannabis, and/or mushrooms, and/or ayahuasca, and/or iboga.  More pain killers generally dont get the opiate addict very far.

Edited by riseabovethought, 17 April 2017 - 02:08 PM.

#63 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,581 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:03 PM

I think he meant that because the Dr. refused to give opiate pain meds( due to testing positive for cannabis), that his friend sought out illegal opiates.

The CDC has asked Dr.'s to stop testing patient's for cannabis., if a person tests positive for illegal drugs including cannabis they cannot receive opiates.

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 17 April 2017 - 02:04 PM.

• Sidestreet, Cuboid and jkdeth like this

#64 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,837 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:26 PM

^I know.  My point is that there is a good reason for that; because OD deaths are skyrocketing and Drs are under a lot of pressure to give out less opiates, for that same good reason.  And lets be honest, if he had gotten that one more script, would it have satiated his hunger for more?  Wouldnt he be back the following month like clockwork?  The problem is the opiates themselves.  We all have to wake up to that.  There are some drugs that do more harm than good.  Opiates have their place, but a regular steady diet of them leads to addiction and death for more people than gun homicides and car accidents combined.  We all have to face up to the wreckage left behind by the immediate gratification/ poor -thinking that created this epidemic.

Edited by riseabovethought, 17 April 2017 - 02:27 PM.

#65 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:27 PM

Hadn't seen the reply, this guy needed the opiates and couldn't get them, because of cannabis in his system. The need for pain relief is what led to the addiction.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!