Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Howdy to the land and the beings who inhabit our home!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:29 AM

Awesom Rise!
It really touches home for me cause back to the land for me does not JUST mean acres upon acres of beautiful land but the acres upon acres of beautiful cities and blighted urban areas where we can BRING THE LAND BACK by improving the soil, educating the thirst of knowledge our urban core has at .1 an acre or less at a time.

I have an acre and an old house (like 110 years), and my roots driven deep into the soil, for better or worse. I'm not out in the "pristine wilderness" but as Bear said, back to the land is just that regardless. I'm absolutely making dirt, growing gardens, and trying to be an all around caretaker of this plot. The spirit of the land, assuming you see things that way, seems to be happier for it.

A

congrats 110years or so eh :) My old house was built in 1919 (there was a penny placed into the window sill to date the house long ago)

Yeah Wilde........the framing is real 2 X 16 solid oak plank balloon framed...........it's petrified. We live in old school stuff................I love it! 

• wildedibles and Juthro like this

#22 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

If anyone in B2L has not had a chance to read this post in urban garden by Skywatcher

https://mycotopia.ne...rning-the-gift/

Please take time to.

Over here in B2L composting is near and dear to our hearts and most understand the importance of it.

In the urban core it is not widely known and understood. So much of the nature of the urban core gives us the feeling or even tells us that we can not do anything to change. $$, education, knowledge or space. WE are those people who can heal the earth and can teach others to heal the earth and the urban core needs to know that we can heal the earth together. More than this it's simply a beautiful spiritual call to action that we MUST give our gratitude to our mother for all her chideren to come!

Bear
  • wildedibles and Skywatcher like this

#23 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:27 PM

If anyone in B2L has not had a chance to read this post in urban garden by Skywatcher

https://mycotopia.ne...rning-the-gift/

Please take time to.

Over here in B2L composting is near and dear to our hearts and most understand the importance of it.

In the urban core it is not widely known and understood. So much of the nature of the urban core gives us the feeling or even tells us that we can not do anything to change. $$, education, knowledge or space. WE are those people who can heal the earth and can teach others to heal the earth and the urban core needs to know that we can heal the earth together. More than this it's simply a beautiful spiritual call to action that we MUST give our gratitude to our mother for all her chideren to come!

Bear

I wanted to run away,

into the wilderness, away from all this noise and mess

and then SHE told me, child you cannot flee

reclaim this right, great force, and might

soil lies between darkness and light

From it rise back to it dies

In the end you are

Dirtmaker

I'm really close to an old industrial area (landfill and all).......many times I want to run away to the mountains and never look back. Yet....I can feel and hear it.....SHE needs me to be here. SHE needs US to help heal the wounds where WE have wounded her......and I cry at the realization of my limited abilities and "finite-ness"...............so I simply make another dirt mound and pray that the soil is good........... 

Edited by Arathu, 17 January 2017 - 06:32 PM.

• PsyBearknot, wildedibles and Skywatcher like this

#24 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

They changed the name of Home Economics, formerly "home-ec", you know the class in school where cooking and some domestic skills used to be taught....................to CONSUMER SCIENCE.....I almost cried in front of the children.......probably should have.

Where is the CARETAKER class? Lost in the name of quarterly profits and upward trending growth lines.................it is OUR VALUES that are completely fucked up! I hope that I am able to muster compassion and sympathy for my fellow humans....when they come face to face with the reality that gold tastes like...............nothing..........and that it has no nutritional value to humans at all. And that it's really heavy but it makes nice statues and ceremonial drinking horns..........

What happens if we find the courage

to move our values into the soils

find tangible return for daily toils

life giving blackness rich and deep

fresh fruits harvest health to keep

an ancient rune some called Fee

confused and lost, collective insanity

each must choose where to place value  

• PsyBearknot and wildedibles like this

#25 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,998 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:12 AM

My olddest had home ec..anyway I teach this at home I need the help and I believe that me boys need to know how to cook I don't want them starving if no one would cook for them in the future ;) ....learning to sort the recycling on the other hand is proving to be impossible ....

Compost and dirt making in urben areas can become complicated ;) If any meat or sauces starches these foods can attract animals into the compost pile ....I found one with a lid very important if you live in town....even my mom way in the country she took her compost and meat everything that wasnt eaten and put it 100yards away from the house now she has cyotes and wolves foxes etc coming up to the house ...she did this to feed the deer but the others come along too.....teaching proper composting can be benificial......looking for new ways to get rid of meat products could be helpful too ;)

reclaming old landfil sites can happen .....I grew up nex too an old landfil me and my brother would collect old bottles .....there was no bags left really just peices of them and just a bit of metal in that one...what Im getting at all the food waste and paper is gone all that is left is stuff that cold be sorted and recycled after a while ......plastic bags and styrophome is gonna be a problem we need to start not buying this stuff in the first place but trying to find an alternative is impossible some times.......use boxes, cloth bags, or baskets to carry food home say no to plastic bags....

my fav cloth bag says "friends don't let friends trash the earth" :)
  • PsyBearknot, Arathu and Skywatcher like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!