10 replies to this topic

#1 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,452 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:23 AM

Less famous (but more powerful...and possibly his death knell) than the "I have a dream" speech. A good listen whether it's still MLK day or a little late.

[Direct Link]

• Myc, AGAMA, riseabovethought and 2 others like this

#2 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,313 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:31 AM

This is the one they don't want to be remembered.   But it's the one that always comes to mind for me.

#3 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,836 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:21 PM

I like the speech and in retrospect it is right on correct. It's hard to imagine he was considered such an off the reservation rebel in his time.

This is so much like Kennedy's American University speech which was likely the straw that broke the camels' back as far as the powers that be were concerned and invited his ultimate end.

These men were lions.

Lions killed by dogs of war.

Dogs.

• Sidestreet, AGAMA, riseabovethought and 1 other like this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,313 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:58 PM

Dogs.

gallery_131808_1351_6587.gif

gallery_131808_1351_15938.gif

• AGAMA likes this

#5 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,636 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

This is what we call for here @Mycotopia.

Personal recognizance.

Do we not hear (as individuals) how the speaker addresses us as individuals - yet pieces of a coherent society.

We've built a fancy RV

We set the cruise control 

And went to the galley for a sandwich and some TV

All-the-while traveling the Interstate at 70 mph

This is the analogy I use. I was raised in the generation of having been fed the sandwich while watching TV - yet I did not know we were in a RV travelling down the road

I was naught taught mastery of inglish - therefore, I cannot communicate to my peers coherently

I was taught to go along to get along - this included mandatory strip-downs in the boy's restroom at the age of 5-6 (I kid you naught). Girls in the girls room - boys in the boys room - stripped to your skivvies - being treated for (as a five year old) ................no explanation. Just go along...........strip,,,,,,,,,,you get me??? Fucking weird eh? 

We weren't molested

Just slathered with some cream - in our junk and privates - as young children - by our - Teachers

But I digress......true story BTW (incredible as it may sound).

Do you think you are you?

Do you think you have a voice?

Do you think anybody cares?

Think again.

Edited by Myc, 17 January 2017 - 06:02 PM.

• AGAMA likes this

#6 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:50 PM

If we have learned nothing from them at all, and collectively that's what I see around me, then I submit that frontal attacks on the dogs of war are nothing other than martyrdom..................and grass roots movements without the need for laws or approvals from anything other than the universe itself are the way to go....................yet they are The Borg............and resistance seems quite futile. Still I observe that one rarely sees the action of the fungi until the wood is already rotted and fruits show................metaphor for sure......... I am I behind the lies told to me if I believe them, a voice that rides upon the thunder, and I care so deeply that it hurts so that I know the memory will be stored in DNA and passed along....................

Incredible leaps and bounds have been made in the material sciences...........yet spiritually and emotionally we are broken.... I will never give up hope!

:meditate:

Edited by Arathu, 17 January 2017 - 07:52 PM.

• Myc, AGAMA and Alder Logs like this

#7 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,313 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:46 PM

....yet spiritually and emotionally we are broken....

There is no we that can be broken.  Not if I am in your we.   Hopefully, not if you are in your we.   This we is a story.  I am not a story.  If you look closely, are you a story?  Really? 

The true we occupies now.   The stories pretend to be then, creating that then for themselves, yet still only stories.   The story's power is to take us with it into then.  Our power is to be now.   No contest, really. 

Something to ponder.

Edited by Alder Logs, 17 January 2017 - 09:47 PM.

#8 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,452 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

Bump
  • Alder Logs and Juthro like this

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,313 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

He had to go off on that war and the economic system tangent.   It only got him a day for us to remember what the MSM tells us about his life.  

#10 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,313 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

Finder's fee to CatzbeBatz.

mlk-unjust-laws.jpg

==============

mohandas-gandhi-leader-quote-an-unjust-l  651aacb24b8dfb68ab9ed5131a557986--thomas

1606024312-tim-robbins-tim-robbins-just-  mahatma-gandhi-civil-disobedience-quote.

wcower7.gif  3d306aa8913f4c857b2653b2c08d78e1.jpg

thoreau.jpg  b1281a97f93316c15cf7044c202c19fd.jpg

Edited by Alder Logs, 15 January 2018 - 04:57 PM.

#11 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,452 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:27 PM

Well, not to get too off topic but if that sort of thing is your bag, meet Frederic Bastiat and THE treatise on the subject...

https://mises.org/library/law-0

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!