CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 7,912 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:42 AM

Mad props should go to @trippy_toes for the original malabar print:

https://mycotopia.ne...29-giving-back/

thanks brother, this type of generosity is what makes this site so great.

• cap10cubensis likes this

#182 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,591 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:47 AM

Introduction of "tastes" of the intended or target fruiting substrate IS, IMHO, the absolute way to go..........."Catatives" as Bat calls them...........

I have done this since I started working with agar and I definitely second and personally recommend incorporating the practice........se Bat posts for details......I just make tea from wood and then agar using that tea.......

It just makes sense that from the earliest stages of growth we begin to condition, train, encourage, however you want to view it, the fungi to "eat" the targeted fruiting substrate........

It's learning to grow on what we have available............assuming the species is able to grow on said substrate in the first place.............

A

• Microbe and CatsAndBats like this

#183 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 7,912 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

Introduction of "tastes" of the intended or target fruiting substrate IS, IMHO, the absolute way to go..........."Catatives" as Bat calls them...........

I have done this since I started working with agar and I definitely second and personally recommend incorporating the practice........se Bat posts for details......I just make tea from wood and then agar using that tea.......

It just makes sense that from the earliest stages of growth we begin to condition, train, encourage, however you want to view it, the fungi to "eat" the targeted fruiting substrate........

It's learning to grow on what we have available............assuming the species is able to grow on said substrate in the first place.............

A

BOING!

white-eggplant-black-background-42234958

Edited by CatsAndBats, 14 April 2017 - 01:11 PM.

• Arathu and tailsmcsnails like this

#184 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,591 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:41 PM

I'm betting the pro's are using the very same techniques to develop sub-strains for specific purposes.........

I do believe I've heard Stamets talk about isolating and training strains of fungi for myco-remediation work of targeted pollutants / contaminants.....

Surely with a healthy research budget one could find and develop species and strains that will probably eat anything we know of.............

I wonder if there is one that will eat psychotic dictators and greedy corporate pigs??????

Geezus did I say that out loud? And where would one get the Catatives?????? :eek:

I should go back to my garden now..............hahahahahaha  :huh:  

A

#185 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 7,912 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

[Direct Link]

Peter McCoy Training myc to eat used cigarette filters.

• Arathu, ChimX and jkdeth like this

#186 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,591 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:26 PM

[Direct Link]

Peter McCoy Training myc to eat used cigarette filters.

Out fucking standing! Thanks Cat! I'm going to have to support this and dive in too! 

A

• CatsAndBats likes this

#187 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 7,912 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:48 PM

radicalmycology is  Peter McCoy

• biscuit339 likes this

#188 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,591 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

If this new position I'm looking at comes through, things work out,  I'm going to build a nice laboratory..........

And then it's really on.......it's on now but with my own dedicated facility............oh my!

I found very nice wild reishi pins today, and birch polypore, and I'll bet the oyster tree(s) flush soon...........

Peter McCoy.........I will be looking into this brother..........

A

#189 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 7,912 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

If this new position I'm looking at comes through, things work out, I'm going to build a nice laboratory..........

And then it's really on.......it's on now but with my own dedicated facility............oh my!

I found very nice wild reishi pins today, and birch polypore, and I'll bet the oyster tree(s) flush soon...........

Peter McCoy.........I will be looking into this brother..........

A

He has an extensive YouTube presence.

He runs the biennial Radical mycology convergence (RMC) that I've attended along with tons of courses.

Edited by CatsAndBats, 14 April 2017 - 03:51 PM.

#190 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 7,912 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:23 AM

The illustrious @peacefrog wrote another gem on agar work, one would be wise to read it IMHO:

https://mycotopia.ne...olationtesting/

#191 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,591 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:54 AM

I live in the "rust belt" where greedy people did bad things to the environment for lots of money and then, when things dried up, just left their messes........

I'm hopefully going to get the interior of my lab built and equipped this year............ "il creatore della terra" ......... the earth maker

Remediation could very well be a deeply rewarding and even enriching endeavor for a troop of Earthlings to undertake........

I might not be young enough to really see end results but I can damn sure lead the way into it.........

One never really knows where it goes unless they follow the paths..............

Frog's new thread is BAD ASS................. :thumbs_up:

A

#192 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,230 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:33 AM

Mushrooms make soil!!!

• Microbe likes this

#193 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 7,912 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:44 AM

Mushrooms make soil!!!

So does @arathu

• Arathu likes this

#194 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,591 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:08 PM

Using mushrooms quite a bit actually.............we're made for each other........... :biggrin:

A

#195 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 7,912 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:25 PM

So my amazons are expressing the malabar trait that my malabars don't express...

post-147940-0-12544100-1492726560.jpg

https://mycotopia.ne...ment/?p=1316088

• Arathu, Microbe, Ferather and 2 others like this

#196 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,591 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

Those are incredibly beautiful mushrooms.................nice grow man

Still the woodlover says........"hey look.....cubensis, sweet" :biggrin:

Side note: I'll be ordering Radical Mycology very soon...........thanks for the pointer.....

A

• CatsAndBats likes this

#197 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 7,912 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:22 AM

Those are incredibly beautiful mushrooms.................nice grow man

Still the woodlover says........"hey look.....cubensis, sweet" :biggrin:

Side note: I'll be ordering Radical Mycology very soon...........thanks for the pointer.....

A

Do a course if possible too. I've met a ton of like minded individuals through his courses. He's got free literature too.

https://radicalmycol...mputer-read.pdf

that's the better of the two IMHO, found here:

https://radicalmycol...s/publications/

Edited by CatsAndBats, 21 April 2017 - 09:23 AM.

#198 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,591 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:56 AM

R.I.P Hippie3 ....................Peter leaves his picture up for a long time in the second webinar................ :cool:

It amazes me, and then again not really, how tightly woven the mushroom community is............kinda like a mycelium we are...

If I can ever afford to attend some radical mycology courses I intend to do just that.............

I know I can see an awful lot of very cheap polluted land all around me......It's probably no secret that I'm in the old steel (now rust) belt.......that alone gives me great hope........

Restoring it back to a pristine state.........a goal beyond worthy.......... that is something I will place my deepest values in..........

For those to come after...............

A

• Microbe likes this

#199 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 7,912 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:07 AM

R.I.P Hippie3 ....................Peter leaves his picture up for a long time in the second webinar................ :cool:

It amazes me, and then again not really, how tightly woven the mushroom community is............kinda like a mycelium we are...

If I can ever afford to attend some radical mycology courses I intend to do just that.............

I know I can see an awful lot of very cheap polluted land all around me......It's probably no secret that I'm in the old steel (now rust) belt.......that alone gives me great hope........

Restoring it back to a pristine state.........a goal beyond worthy.......... that is something I will place my deepest values in..........

For those to come after...............

A

He's not one to turn people away for lack of funds. I'm sure that he's open to trade/barter if one were to reach out to him.

• Arathu likes this

#200 Microbe

Microbe

Citizen Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,701 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:01 PM

So my amazons are expressing the malabar trait that my malabars don't express...

post-147940-0-12544100-1492726560.jpg

https://mycotopia.ne...ment/?p=1316088

Nice beautiful leucistic fruits! I think AA is one of the most beautiful cube.

Edited by Microbe, 22 April 2017 - 10:02 PM.

• jkdeth likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!