873 replies to this topic

#861 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:58 PM

This guy is about to push the lid off....

What should my nute be for my next round of transfers? I've done LME and BRF. Looking for something spicyyyy, I know potatoe flakes are kind of vanilla but I may try that next.

Also I have active yeast, I'm pretty sure that was in your first post. You cook it before hand right? but wouldn't thePC kill it and turn it into nutritional yeast?

Potato flakes are more beginner friendly than yeast.

Is that thing airtight?

#862 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 263 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:05 PM

What should my nute be for my next round of transfers? I've done LME and BRF. Looking for something spicyyyy, I know potatoe flakes are kind of vanilla but I may try that next.

Also I have active yeast, I'm pretty sure that was in your first post. You cook it before hand right? but wouldn't thePC kill it and turn it into nutritional yeast?

Is that thing airtight?

Yeah I believe so, I have had wayyyyy better luck with those little containers than anything else I have tried including Petris. I usually wrap them with cling wrap but the first few I did without a wrap showed no sign on contamination so I kept doing it. You can get like 100 for 3$. I'd rather toss those than petris for sure

I do clean them out before hand with ISO.

I'll look into yeast a bit more before testing it out.

Edited by macgyver, 25 November 2019 - 08:05 PM.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#863 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:44 PM

Is that thing airtight?

Yeah I believe so, I have had wayyyyy better luck with those little containers than anything else I have tried including Petris. I usually wrap them with cling wrap but the first few I did without a wrap showed no sign on contamination so I kept doing it. You can get like 100 for 3$. I'd rather toss those than petris for sure

I do clean them out before hand with ISO.

I'll look into yeast a bit more before testing it out.

gallery_147940_1513_2684.jpg

• macgyver likes this

#864 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 10:33 AM

Those are a really great
  • macgyver likes this

#865 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:10 AM

Question: Just how long do you all wait for spores to germinate before giving up on a set of plates?

I've heard '3 to 30 days' quoted as a germination window a few times. Is there any real possibility of growth after 30 days?

#866 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:19 AM

Question: Just how long do you all wait for spores to germinate before giving up on a set of plates?

I've heard '3 to 30 days' quoted as a germination window a few times. Is there any real possibility of growth after 30 days?

I wait six months.

• Nicked likes this

#867 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:12 PM

Seriously?

Have you actually seen 3 month old plates germinate?

• CatsAndBats and Nicked like this

#868 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:25 PM

Seriously?

Have you actually seen 3 month old plates germinate?

Nope. I think the longest was a month. I got that number from Microbe when I was trying to revive 8+ year old prints.

• ElrikEriksson, Nicked and macgyver like this

#869 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,585 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:07 PM

cat eyes.jpg

Did you revive the 8 year old prints? Just curious. I'm about to try to revive the prints I sealed in laminating plastic back when we did the newspaper, Lazlo style grow. I ran low on prints and figured it couldn't hurt to try these.

They are from 2013 or 2015, can't read my own scribbling, so either 4 or 6 years old. Done in December so I think that's the perfect timing.

#870 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 11,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2019 - 09:26 AM

Did you revive the 8 year old prints? Just curious. I'm about to try to revive the prints I sealed in laminating plastic back when we did the newspaper, Lazlo style grow. I ran low on prints and figured it couldn't hurt to try these.

They are from 2013 or 2015, can't read my own scribbling, so either 4 or 6 years old. Done in December so I think that's the perfect timing.

Negative.

#871 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,585 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:20 PM

Well I'm going to try these out on agar, and after reading most of this posting, I will try a number of mixes, some straight agar with nutes, some with added post agar conditioning blended in and some with ? pass the electrodes Dr Frankenstein. If I can get anything to pop, I'll have my winner for the longest stored spores, and a way to store them in plain sight that is easy and tight.

IMG_20191202_1540541.jpg

#872 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:42 AM

I lost all my agar when my fridge crashed.. Time to make the donuts!

#873 macgyver

macgyver

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:13 PM

Did some transfers from the plate in pic one. Added my future substrate for the first time in this batch - coir, small amount of BRF, egg shells, and kelp meal. Still on LME for the main nutrition, but the myc is loving this batch! Not sure if it is just stronger transfers, or the additives, but the rate of growth is really good. I am loving the red stain, it is easier to view from the bottom of the plate. I did notice that the plates that I poured with more agar had much less condensation, not sure if this is a known phenomenon but I like it. I think I'm going to try out a different recipe next time around without the additives. Just saw the incredibly long list of recipes from earlier in the thread. Decisions, decisions... I think I'm getting closer to a pseudo monoculture.

Very exciting stuff :biggrin:

20191125_193004(1).jpg 20191206_134158.jpg 20191206_133859.jpg

EDIT: also these little cups actually can be pressure cooked, but the lids can't :(

Edited by macgyver, 06 December 2019 - 07:19 PM.

#874 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:00 AM

Pesa
I cant figure out how to send pics thru messages..
Its been over 2 weeks.. Cant get this to fruit....

20191209_212217.jpg

20191209_212245.jpg

20191209_212312.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!