#21 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:12 PM

This topic has grown and is filled with good medical / nutritional info. I think I will make an egg over easy with turmeric and pepper to try tonight.  I have always liked pepper.

I credit my mom with introducing me to these spices/medicines as a kid. She believed that foods were natural medicines. She would be thrilled to be here in this topic.

I love the broth of a chicken carcass , my sister's Dr. suggested she drink it for her health. I made some and I loved it.

I might suggest looking into the value of red onion.

So much to say but lost on typing , if only some day we could meet and talk in peace and safety, just for fun.

Forgot to mention " Golden Milk" Thanks Neptune

I know I forgot to write some things

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 09 February 2017 - 06:16 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#22 MrBiscuits

MrBiscuits

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:23 PM

...Hyaluronic acid...

Dang it, they want a lot for the supplement. 

I eat mostly veggie.  I eat some canned organic chicken and rice soup and a little salmon now and then.  That, and four poached eggs a day are what keep me from being a total vegan.  No fried foods, no dairy.  

Kale and beet smoothies would probably be a wonderful way to avoid the high cost of the supplement. Not only do they contain it, but they also contain high levels of magnesium and Vitamin C, which help your body to keep producing it's own. Not to mention so many other minerals and vitamins. I've read that red wine can also help your body to produce more on it's own... But I would personally stick to the non-alcoholic foods.

• Coopdog and Heirloom like this

#23 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,363 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:46 PM

...Hyaluronic acid...

Dang it, they want a lot for the supplement. 

I eat mostly veggie.  I eat some canned organic chicken and rice soup and a little salmon now and then.  That, and four poached eggs a day are what keep me from being a total vegan.  No fried foods, no dairy.  

Kale and beet smoothies would probably be a wonderful way to avoid the high cost of the supplement. Not only do they contain it, but they also contain high levels of magnesium and Vitamin C, which help your body to keep producing it's own. Not to mention so many other minerals and vitamins. I've read that red wine can also help your body to produce more on it's own... But I would personally stick to the non-alcoholic foods.

Sounds like additions to the garden seed list for this year..............the red wine I make from my own vines............... :biggrin:  

• Heirloom likes this

#24 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:24 PM

Another way to use black pepper to increase medical or high benefits.

Black pepper contains an alkaloid, Guineensine, which appears to be a relatively potent Anandamide reuptake inhibitor, thus increasing its physiological effects.

The above might be useful for people who use cannabis for med use.

Turmeric is said to be " the spice of life in India ". Spices are not only tasty but medicines.

Cannabis (marijuana), contains a group of compounds called cannabinoids. Of these, THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, causes the high associated when that plant is consumed. Cannabinoids are found in only two other places. One is in the human brain, where a mind-altering cannabinoid named anandamide is manufactured. This same extraordinary chemical is also found in chocolate.

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 13 February 2017 - 01:38 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#25 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:00 PM

Having my first cup of Golden Milk now , its very tasty. I used coconut milk this time and
will try it with almond milk also.

The turmeric adds a beautiful color to the drink.

Nice topic, I learn from these informative discussions.

#26 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

Fabric of Time and Dimension

• Gold VIP
  • 590 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:55 AM

I'm drinking it right now for the first time.  If it gives me even a smidge of relief from pain I will be so happy!!  It's a pretty colour too.

• Heirloom likes this

#27 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,929 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2017 - 04:03 AM

This is an awesome thread. I am going to buy the ingredients for this and try it out. I will report back with the results as I have had a LOT of pain as of late. Got an easier gravy job, but now I am turning back and forth all day which has given me some chronic inflammation in my ankle which is driving me nuts. I will report back...

• Heirloom likes this

#28 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

Fabric of Time and Dimension

• Gold VIP
  • 590 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:15 AM

it's actually delicious, which I did not expect!  I wonder if it will turn me yellow like sweet potatoes turn babbys yellow when they go crazy for them.

#29 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,929 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:53 AM

Well hell, I thought I finally got all the ingredients together, but the coconut milk I bought is thick and creamy like heavy cream. Got it in a small Asian store. They also had coconut water, and I wonder if that is the one I am looking for. Didn't see any coconut milk at the regular grocery store. I tried to boil the ingredients and it very quickly boiled all over the damn place and made a helluva mess lol. I have a half gallon of almond milk but not a big fan of the flavor or texture of that. Thinking this batch was a waste, but going to try to knock some of it back anyways.

#30 MrBiscuits

MrBiscuits

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:58 AM

You preferably want the thick, creamy coconut milk. More fat enables more absorption. Not to mention, it's far more tasty. If it's too much for you, you can water it down, but I tend to just do the full fat coconut milk in a can, you can find them in most grocery stores from Thai Kitchen or Goya.

You definitely don't want to do this drink with coconut water...I mean, I'm sure it wouldn't be too bad, but warm coconut water is a little weird, plus it has negligible fat levels

I would only really simmer it no higher than medium-low, or I guess a 2 or 3 if your burners are numbered. 15 - 20 minutes, stirring frequently. You can strain it if you want, sometimes there's quite a blob at the bottom, but you get the full effect if you don't strain - just stir/swirl it regularly.

#31 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,929 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

Yeah that is exactly what I got. Goya brand. I found my spices tended to glob together and did not mix in well and I did indeed have a big glob on the bottom. Did the best I could with it and now that it has sat all night it is bright yellow. Last night before I went to bed I knocked back about a cup of it and was much surprised at it's pain relief properties! I have a collapsed arch on my left foot that has resulted in very painful Plantar Fasciitis that is very painful at night. I take Kratom to get me through my work day but by the time I get off work it is excruciating to walk on.

I got up an hour later expecting to wince as I took my first step, and instead walked easily with no pain whatsoever. It was a little painful this morning again, but usually I am limping hard in the mornings. I have over a cup of this mix left and am having it with my morning coffee. Quite tasty indeed! Now, if I can just get my wife to take it too!

Thanks for this recipe!  Peace...

#32 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,374 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:15 PM

Soy milk, almond milk, coconut work They all work.    Another variation is soy milk (or other) with unsweetened dark cocoa powder with turmeric and a shake or two of pepper.  All these best served hot to dissolve all the ingredients.     Wife loves it too.   Really good taste and good for ya..

Edited by Seeker2be, 02 March 2017 - 02:16 PM.

• Heirloom likes this

#33 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,374 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:20 AM

Another variant of the same idea: http://www.thepaleos...leadout=sps30dc

#34 Amanita Versicula

Amanita Versicula

Sanity Within

• Banned Member
  • 335 posts

Donator

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:09 AM

All sounds delicious right up to the microwave part! I have been trying hard to get away from microwaving anything whatsoever. I bet it is pretty spicy with that much Turmeric!

All sounds delicious right up to the microwave part! I have been trying hard to get away from microwaving anything whatsoever. I bet it is pretty spicy with that much Turmeric!

I saw a year or so ago a short internet story about a girl who did a science experiment where she watered two similar plants, one with water that had been microwaved and let to cool and one with straight tap water. The one watered with microwaved water died in short order. Didn't give that much thought but then seen a story that was done by a major college, can't remember what one that said the same thing. That stuck in my subconscious and I have been trying my best not to microwave anything since. Of course I still occasionally have to heat my lunch or whatever, but I have been consciously trying not to bring things that have to be re-heated and even often eat the food cold rather than use one. Might just be my paranoid mind but I have also seen studies that say microwaves rob the nutrition of any food cooked in one and can even convert healthy compounds in veggies into cancerous things.

I am going to try your mix, I will just heat it in a pan. I want to try Turmeric for it's alleged pain relief properties as I have been dealing with some serious inflammation and joint pain lately. It will be a few days before I get the ingredients but I will report back when I do. Man it sounds good! I will probably double up on the coffee too as I like my coffee strong as hell. Peace man and thanks for the recipe!

I saw a year or so ago a short internet story about a girl who did a science experiment where she watered two similar plants, one with water that had been microwaved and let to cool and one with straight tap water. The one watered with microwaved water died in short order.

Didn't give that much thought but then seen a story that was done by a major college, can't remember what one that said the same thing. That stuck in my subconscious and I have been trying my best not to microwave anything since. Of course I still occasionally have to heat my lunch or whatever, but I have been consciously trying not to bring things that have to be re-heated and even often eat the food cold rather than use one. Might just be my paranoid mind but I have also seen studies that say microwaves rob the nutrition of any food cooked in one and can even convert healthy compounds in veggies into cancerous things.

I am going to try your mix, I will just heat it in a pan. I want to try Turmeric for it's alleged pain relief properties as I have been dealing with some serious inflammation and joint pain lately. It will be a few days before I get the ingredients but I will report back when I do. Man it sounds good! I will probably double up on the coffee too as I like my coffee strong as hell. Peace man and thanks for the recipe!

Coopdog~and many MANY OF YOU~

Have to say i AGREE. AND LOTS OF REALLY IMPORTANT AND ACCURATE INFORMATION ALREADY STATED+

TURMERIC IS LIKE GARLIC~Which should be the one thing taken daily. WELL DEPENDING ON YOUR CURRENT HEALTH-GENETICS & AGE....

& SO POWERFUL & THE BEST ALTERNATIVE "HEALTH INGREDIENT" I BELIEVE EVERYONE SHOULD BE TAKING/DRINKING/EATING ~etc~

the principal component to which all these benefits are owed is Curcumin. THAT'S WHERE THE "PEPPER CORNS" COME IN......

BUT NOT AS EFFECTIVE. YET--- MOST ASSUREDLY-MUCH BETTER THAN NONE~0~NADA~Check out UTUBE AS FAR AS FACIALS you name IT~TURMERIC IS THE KING+ LIKE "KALE" IS KING OF THE GARDEN {?}

but as YOU stated-and i say this from an HERBALIST'S VIEWPOINT......AS I HAVE STUDIED "HERBS" SINCE 1974~

WAY BEFORE ALL THIS INFO~WAS AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE JUST BY THE PRESS OF A FINGER!

I SPENT A LOT OF TIME IN LIBRARIES IN "THE" BIG CITIES.

AS THERE WERE ONLY TWO "POPULAR" books for reference~

BACK TO EDEN  (Jethro Kloss} and THE HERB BOOK (John Lust) was my first & still have+ though the pages are coming out+

i then went on to use the BIBLIOGRAPHY & REFERENCES TO LOOK/READ ALL -ALMOST ALL-THESE OTHER BOOKS.

Back to this POST though-the MEDICINAL PROPERTIES OF ALMOST ALL HERBS-WILL LEACH OUT & ACTUALLY BURN OUT the HEALTH PROPERTIES ~UNLIKE MEDICAL MUSHROOMS-HERBS EITHER NEED TO BE USED RAW OR STEEPED.......NEVER NUKED OR BOILED+

BY BOILING OR NUKING~EVEN THE WATER~YOU WILL BE DESTROYED THE MEDICAL PROPERTIES OF TURMERIC/the principal COMPONENT CURCUMIN~

This IS HOW I GOT INTO FUNGI. MEDICINAL FUNGI. AS I HAD ALREADY SPENT "HOW MANY YEARS"

STUDYING THE BENEFITS OF HERBS; I WAS ON TO BIGGER & MORE CHALLENGING INFORMATION~

TURKEY TAIL & Ganoderma Lucidum    ETC.

Am a GREAT "BELIEVER" IN TURMERIC. I ALSO LIKE THE TASTE & "invented a TOOTH WHITENER with it"

and IT REALLY DID MAKE MY ~~TEETH WHITE/WHITE.

As~ I DO BELIEVE EVERYONE WOULD BENEFIT FROM THE PLETHORA OF BENEFITS THIS HERB/SPICE PROVIDES+

AS is the case with ALL HERBS-THEY NEED TO BE STEEPED>>> SOME SAY 10 MINUTES-

I SAY MORE LIKE 20 MINUTES..FOR MAXIMUM BENEFITS.

BUT NEVER NUKE THE WATER or BOIL THE HERB=ITS GOTTA BE STEEPED+.

UNLIKE the BENEFITS OF MEDICAL MUSHROOMS ~especially those such as TURKEY TAIL~IT IS "SAID" TO LET

IT SIMMER FOR HOURS-TO GET THE MEDICAL BENEFITS. i LIVE IN AN AREA-WHERE "LYME DISEASE" IS SO PREVALENT-ALMOST ANYONE THAT GOES OUTDOORS IN THIS COUNTY HAS CONTRACTED.

Why i ended up HERE ~quite honestly~

I hear (SYNCHRONICITY-AS THIS WAS JUST A TOPIC OF CONVERSATION TODAY)

SO MANY PEOPLE crying the BLUES & LOOKING FOR DISABILTY- (my neighbor & guy i grew up with-was just here

today) still claiming "HOW DEBILITATED HE IS DUE TO "LYME" (he's looking for PAIN MEDS)

which it definitely can & untreated~ in some manner;

can cripple YOU+and destroy YOUR ORGANS~BETTER GET SOME TURMERIC W/CURCUMIN RIGHT AWAY uh?

i have been diagnosed with IT 9 or more times......i let them TELL ME ~TO TAKE THE ANTIBIOTIC & HOW IT CAN BE "CURED"

THERE IS NO CURE FOR LYME DISEASE ( A GOVT INVENTED "DISEASE" THAT SUPPOSEDLY ESCAPED "ROSE ISLAND"

off the NYC SHORES ~NO one KNEW this ISLAND EXISTED? AND WHERE TRIALS WERE CONDUCTED"}

but i am NOT GETTING INTO "HOT WATER" FOR OPENING MY POLITICAL MOUTH!

THE BOTTOM LINE W/LYME-IS TO KEEP IT UNDER CONTROL-WITH KEEPING YOUR "IMMUNE SYSTEM"

OPERATING AT IT'S FULL CAPACITY. LIKE TAKING ALL KINDS (THERE ARE LOADS) OF IMMUNE REJUVENATING HERBS.

TOO MANY TO LIST HERE; but that is to "handle LYME". WHY DO I SHOW NO "SYMPTOMS OF LYME" AND MY

NEIGHBOR~DOES?

BECAUSE OF KEEPING MY IMMUNE SYSTEM PUMPED UP.........HE WOULD JUST RATHER "MOAN" and IS, sadly~

A HYPOCHONDRIAC.

FOR THE GIST OF THIS THREAD=

ALL HERBS NEED TO BE STEEPED IN (PREFERABLY) A CERAMIC/CHINA TEA POT.

LEFT TO SIT FOR 20 MINUTES~minimum....

AND LAST "NOTE" ON TURMERIC? AS THIS IS A HIGHLY PROPAGATED HERB=with incredibly HIGH DOSES OF PESTICIDES COMPANIES ARE NOW MAKING A FORTUNE ON with this~heavily HEAVILY TAINTED HERB by PESTICIDES.

IT IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST-OR FROM MY RESEARCH.....IF YOU FIND A "DEAL" LIKE BUY ONE & GET TWO FREE" FOR $12.00? LOOK FURTHER====

YOU DEFINITELY WANT TO SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY FOR ORGANIC!

Which IS COSTLY......IF YOU REALLY CAN'T SQUEEZE IT INTO YOUR BUDGET?

THAN YOU ARE BETTER OFF-BUYING THE "BULK" SPICE TURMERIC @ THE HEALTH STORE & CAPPING IT UP YOURSELF! THOUGH

THE "ORGANIC TURMERIC" SOLD IN BULK @ YOUR FAVORITE HEALTH STORE-IS NOT THE SAME QUALITY (ALTHOUGH MUCH BETTER THAN NONE)

IS OF FOOD GRADE-MEDICINAL TURMERIC IS MORE POWERFUL. OR SO I HAVE READ & WAS TOLD BY A HOLISTIC NURSE....

NOT GOING TO "CITE" ITS MANY;MANY BENEFITS-IT'S ALL THERE AT THE TAP OF YOUR FINGERS!

To wrap this up ~the SYNOPSIS IS: HERBS (TURMERIC) ~any~SHOULD NOT BE BOILED OR NUKED.

ACTUALLY -IN ITS MOST BENEFICIAL STATE-IS RAW!

LEARN TO LOVE IT= you will be glad you did/do when you are OLDER~

HAPPY HERBING~

PeAcE+☮☮

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!