24 replies to this topic

#21 Spiceman

Spiceman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:07 AM

good afternoon everyone.

Just a few pics of some of what has been growing here..

a week ago this the little one ppoked out his head. 

Oyster mushrooms were ready for breakfast on wednesday.  ;)   one bigger - 14cm accross  and a few more inside the bag on the right. Attached File  oyster 1.jpg   68.04KB   5 downloadsAttached File  oyster 2.jpg   93.08KB   3 downloads

• tailsmcsnails likes this

#22 Spiceman

Spiceman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:12 AM

The Shiitake has ben growinng much slower on the waste but colonising it totally.

I broke the block some time ago - to show the manager here that it had colonised all they way through.  then put it back together (or at least close to each other) and you can see that it has grown together again. 

THis is the first time I grow Shiitake  - I assume the gray/brown colouring that has developed on the block is just the natural "aging" 

any recomendations as to when to stimmulate fruiting? Attached File  shiitake block.jpg   122.63KB   7 downloads

#23 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/|\( ;,;)/|\ & [^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 7,293 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:32 AM

FYI, oyster love tons of FAE. The fruits will blow up when placed outside with a breeze, but then they are at risk to mice/vermin.

#24 Spiceman

Spiceman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:49 PM

Thanx catatttack.  appreciaed. 

Outside in a breeze  ,,,  in this area ....  they would dry out to crisp in about an hour or two,  hot dry summers here,  we have had several days over 40C since beginnig of January ...   and it is DRY, 

with the waste management I willl have to look at that  - However the plan is to do most of they "grow" in winter when it is cooler and the air has more humidity.

These are currently small trials to see if the musrooms is an option in breaking down the waste.  

If we go ahead with this towards the end of the winter we will have to look at special facilities for fruiting, 

• CatsAndBats and tailsmcsnails like this

#25 Nsnail

Nsnail

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:14 AM

What did you end up using in your waste substrate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!