• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 MrBiscuits

MrBiscuits

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:54 PM

Thanks for the additional, affirmative input, llamabox! I'm hoping to wean myself off of the office job into something like that. All the photos, input, tidbits, whatever have you, help quite a lot!

#22 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:22 PM

Hmm. Think I seen those pics kcmo.

heh, you even showed the one from his fog test  :cool:  

are you in the CMGN? 

#23 Ferather

Ferather

Reverse Engineer

• Free Member
  • 732 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:57 PM

You can substitute some light by supplementing vitamin D in your substrate, since in terms of nutrition light causes mycelium and human skin to produce vitamin D from other materials.

i'm just gonna come out and say it- don't listen to this guy. 

he has no clue wtf he's talking about and i've seen him give extremely

questionable advice in the last two weeks, i don't know why the mod staff is

even letting him say this shit.

What part of what I said is incorrect, This is a fact, Read here and here. Whats the issue exactly?

#24 MrBiscuits

MrBiscuits

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:17 PM

You can substitute some light by supplementing vitamin D in your substrate, since in terms of nutrition light causes mycelium and human skin to produce vitamin D from other materials.

i'm just gonna come out and say it- don't listen to this guy. 

he has no clue wtf he's talking about and i've seen him give extremely

questionable advice in the last two weeks, i don't know why the mod staff is

even letting him say this shit.

What part of what I said is incorrect, This is a fact, Read here and here. Whats the issue exactly?

Those are pertaining to the availability of Vitamin D in mushrooms when placed in the sun. Not the addition of Vitamin D to a substrate. Also, I've recently read reports suggesting that information is incorrect. Don't get me wrong, Stamets is awesome, but not the utmost authority and I think his work should be subject to scrutiny like anyone else.

We've already hijacked cwilli62's thread enough, and I believe the questions have been thoroughly answered. Let's not turn it into a squabble.

• coorsmikey and Juthro like this

#25 llamabox

llamabox

Researcher

• OG VIP
  • 1,396 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:29 PM

heh, you even showed the one from his fog test :cool:

are you in the CMGN?

I didn't pass the entry test. Not doing sells yet.

#26 cwilli62

cwilli62

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:18 AM

Yeah...that wood and conduit shelving is legit. And super simple to build, too! Is the conduit strong enough on its own to hold all of those bags? I would think it would bow over time with the weight of all of the bags, unless there was something running through the middle for rigidity.

I have an ultrasonic mister and just got an inline ducting fan. Was planning on using the mister in a tub humidifier style system on its own (with a little waterproof fan) and then bringing in air separately with the inline fan. But I didn't even think of routing the fan with ducting to blow the mister tub fog into the room. The only potential issue I can see with that is if you want to humidify without bringing in air, or bring in fresh air without humidifying. It seems like with them combined, you have less control over the individual factors.

#27 llamabox

llamabox

Researcher

• OG VIP
  • 1,396 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:40 AM

Oyster mushrooms need 4-6 air exchanges an hour. For my room and cfm of the fan it will run for 1 minute out of every 10.

#28 cwilli62

cwilli62

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:43 PM

Cool. Thanks for all of the information, everyone. It can be quite a struggle to find the proper information sometimes when there no one else in my area practicing mycology. Cheers!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!