Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,691 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:37 PM

When my body dies, and the neural nets turn to goo and smell bad, Imma be here and now, hopefully where all time and space once only appeared to be.  My memories will not be very important, which would be good.   Like all the stuff I built when I played the part of a brick and stone layer, all the drawings I made when I wanted to be an artist, even the strains of shiitakes that grew here and there from the wind scattered spores from when I pretended to be Alder Logs, it all will be gone, along with the Great Pyramid, the Mona Lisa, and the late, great, Planet Earth. 

Time says, "all that you see, I will eat that."  --   While you have the time, discover the timeless.

~Mooji

• ChimX, riseabovethought and Skywatcher like this

#22 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 427 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:55 PM

This is getting heavy
Yes, I'm embarrassed by my countries actions
No, I can't do anything about it except watch in horror while the powerful
Heartless greedy bastards have they're way with the world
I'm tired of "fake news" I'm tired of us ( the world ) shitting where we eat
It feels all so hopeless at times.
Then I remember.. My sphere of influence, what can I do..
I can be there for my loved ones
I can help in my community
I can give a sad soul who is in the same grocery check out as myself and give them
eknowlegement and a sinsere smile
Sometimes it's the little things, the pay it forward mind set
  • August West, ChimX, riseabovethought and 6 others like this

#23 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 304 posts

Donator

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

Good post lakegal
  • Lakegal7 likes this

#24 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,227 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 06:00 PM

Yes, I'm embarrassed by my countries actions

Countries don't take actions - individuals do.

Imo and experience, the sentiment of the second half of your post can help alleviate you of burdens you need not carry.

• Arathu likes this

#25 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 427 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:28 PM

Then I remember..

#26 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,161 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:26 PM

I'm quite vocal about it too.............I accept the blame for what I've done, at least learn from my mistakes and those of others, and I refuse blame for that which is not mine. 

We're all stumbling forward hopefully trying to learn and find our truth...........

A

• Juthro, Seeker2be and Lakegal7 like this

#27 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 427 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:03 PM

Well said Arathu

#28 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,227 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:46 PM

Make Syria Great Again...

https://www.nytimes....WT.nav=top-news

Dozens of U.S. Missiles Hit Air Base in Syria

WASHINGTON — President Trump said Thursday night that the United States had carried out a missile strike in Syria in response to the Syrian government’s chemical weapons attack this week that killed more than 80 civilians.

“Tonight, I ordered a targeted military strike on the air base in Syria from where the chemical attack was launched,” Mr. Trump said in remarks at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida. “It is in this vital national security interest of the United States to prevent and deter the spread and use of deadly chemical weapons.”

A senior military official said that 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles had hit Al Shayrat airfield in Syria. The missiles were aimed at Syrian fighter jets and other infrastructure but did not target anything that may have had chemical weapons.

Photo

He said that no Russian planes were at the airfield and that the cruise missiles did not target any Russian facilities.

The Pentagon informed Russian military officials, through its established deconfliction channel, of the strike before the launching of the missiles, the official said, with American officials knowing when they did that that Russian authorities may well have alerted the Assad regime. “With a lot of Tomahawks flying, we didn’t want to hit any Russian planes,” he said.

The cruise missiles struck the airfield beginning around 8:30 p.m. Eastern Time on Thursday and the strikes continued for three to four minutes.

According to one military official, the Tomahawks were launched from two Navy warships.

The official said that the cruise missile strike was at the more limited end of the military options presented to Mr. Trump Thursday by Defense Secretary Jim Mattis. The cruise missile strike, the official said, was intended to send a message to Mr. Assad about the American intention to use military force if he continues to use chemical weapons.

It was the first time that the White House had ordered military action against forces loyal to Mr. Assad.

The speed with which the Trump administration responded — and remarks earlier in the day by American officials who said that options were still being considered — appeared intended to maximize the element of surprise and sharply contrasted with the methodical scrutiny of the use of force by the Obama administration.

It was Mr. Trump’s first order to the military for the use of force — other operations in Syria, Yemen and Iraq had been carried out under authorization delegated to his commanders — and appeared intended to send a message to North Korea, Iran and other potential adversaries that the new commander in chief was prepared to act, and sometimes on short notice.

The airstrikes were carried out less than an hour after the president concluded a dinner with Xi Jinping, the president of China, at Mar-a-Lago, sending an unmistakably aggressive signal about Mr. Trump’s willingness to use the military power at his disposal.

Unlike Mr. Obama, who weighed — and ultimately rejected — the use of a similar strike at targets after Syria used chemical weapons in 2013, Mr. Trump moved with remarkable speed, delivering the punishing military strike barely 72 hours after the devastating chemical attack that killed 80 people this week.Mr. Trump authorized the strike with no congressional approval for the use of force, an assertion of presidential authority that contrasts sharply with the protracted deliberations over the use of force by his predecessor, former President Barack Obama.

Two Republican senators, John McCain of Arizona and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, praised the strike in a statement and called for Mr. Trump to go further and to “take Assad’s air force — which is responsible not just for the latest chemical weapons attack, but countless atrocities against the Syrian people —completely out of the fight.”

• Lakegal7 likes this

#29 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 427 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:35 AM

Thanks for sharing this article August West
It would be nice to know exactly who actually committed the chemical bombs off. 80 dead, but how many will live with
the effects of this horrid act
Did Trump know for certain it was the government or was it Isis?
Meanwhile the Syrian people are in hell on earth

#30 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,227 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:44 AM

Yea, obviously tough to know. To my non-"expert" analysis, it sure seems strange that Assad would do it. I don't understand how it benefits him in any way.

RUSH TO JUDGMENT IN SYRIA?

Chemical Weapons 2017: What Just Happened In Syria?

Trump’s ‘Wag the Dog’ Moment

False Flag: How the U.S. Armed Syrian Rebels to Set Up an Excuse to Attack Assad

As Trump Relishes in Establishment Praise, NYT Admits Assad Didn’t Do 2013 Sarin Gas Attack

Edited by August West, 09 April 2017 - 11:47 AM.

• Myc and Lakegal7 like this

#31 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,380 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:06 PM

[Direct Link]

While I was investigating this yesterday I found the above video to be quite telling. The "reporter's" (paid actor's) reaction is near comical. 

• August West likes this

#32 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,227 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

I almost posted that one. The nerve of that Congressman and his measured response!

Watching her lose her shit was priceless...

• Myc likes this

#33 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,691 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:11 PM

Just maybe this isn't the old boss after all?

Pruitt’s Rejection of Chlorpyrifos Ban Seems Based on Alternative Facts

by Paul Koberstein – April 5, 2017

Last November, after several years of study, the EPA had announced that the insecticide chlorpyrifos poses an unacceptable risk to humans, especially children, when its residue is found in fruits, vegetables, and drinking water.

The finding cited a 2014 Columbia University study and other research showing that young people have suffered diminished cognitive abilities and reduced IQ after chronic exposures. This led the EPA to recommend a ban on all agricultural uses of chlorpyrifos — by far the most heavily used insecticide in the US with 4 to 8 million pounds applied annually.

...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...

The only significant change at EPA since it issued the preliminary finding last year has been the appointment of Pruitt, a noted climate science skeptic, to its top job.

http://www.earthisla...ernative_facts/

=========================

More on Syria and gas attacks:

That was then:

[Direct Link]

This is now:

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 09 April 2017 - 04:04 PM.

• Myc likes this

#34 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,380 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:19 PM

Anyone seriously asking why we're in Syria need look no further:

http://www.cnn.com/2...7/17/bush.tape/

I've been waiting for this to happen since Bush tipped his hand. 

No surprise here folks. Go back to sleep. 

Edited to add:

Anyone else remember this blast from the past?

http://www.globalres...sudan-iran/5166

Edited by Myc, 09 April 2017 - 03:53 PM.
supplied correct link

#35 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 427 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:05 PM

Oil

August West
Myc