#21 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

This motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,221 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:58 PM

attachicon.gifsmall_GEDC9010.jpg

I might have eaten this one...............

looks like you shared it with a smaller creature, or it grew a vagina..

#22 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:02 PM

attachicon.gifsmall_GEDC9010.jpg

I might have eaten this one...............

looks like you shared it with a smaller creature, or it grew a vagina..

Slugs matter..........so do vagina's.......................... hahahahaha

• themickster likes this

#23 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,724 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:23 PM

These mushrooms are so strikingly beautiful... I casually look for them every year but haven't stumbled upon one yet.

Maybe this year I will search them out more actively... Only to photograph and look at tho... I'm not ready to have an intimate relationship with them... yet.

#24 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:43 PM

These mushrooms are so strikingly beautiful... I casually look for them every year but haven't stumbled upon one yet.

Maybe this year I will search them out more actively... Only to photograph and look at tho... I'm not ready to have an intimate relationship with them... yet.

IME what you describe is the best relationship to develop with them. Meditation alone, and especially breath sharing work, in a patch of amanita muscaria has been enlightening for me.

They are very beautiful and majestic spirits indeed...........

A

#25 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

This motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,221 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:49 PM

IME what you describe is the best relationship to develop with them. Meditation alone, and especially breath sharing work, in a patch of amanita muscaria has been enlightening for me.

A

When I meet mine (growing) I'm going to ask them to ask the others to vouch for me.

#26 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:12 PM

A

When I meet mine (growing) I'm going to ask them to ask the others to vouch for me.

Literally a very good idea Cat and IME they also have a funny way of bringing the darkness up into the light (time work methinks)..........sometimes that turns out to be a hard but valuable trail to walk.

A

#27 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,724 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:48 PM

A

I wish I had the same attitude towards datura when I was younger but, noooo.... I thought I was invincible... I got put in my place harder and faster than I ever dreamed possible lol

You live and you learn I suppose...

#28 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:05 PM

IMHO and IME approach with respect, or the first lesson IS how to respect..................  Absolutely............ and there is little mystical at all about that.  :cool: 

I wish you well 420 and there is nothing wrong with whatever relationship you develop with them...........plenty of time to meet and greet, chat a while, see if compatibility is there, and if you and they wish to take things further. My advice is that a relationship with a. muscaria taken lightly is pure foolishness............  :meditate: 

A

• themickster likes this

#29 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:04 PM

Does anyone have a grow tek on these around?
  • wildedibles likes this

#30 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

Does anyone have a grow tek on these around?

You need the roots of trees that they are growing around ....inmy area we have some just finished around the spruce and birch trees...I have spread spores and around thoes trees I did find more ....they can be a traveling bunch coming up in same areas or totally new ones its like searching for easter eggs :)
  • Spooner and MsBehavin420 like this

#31 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:05 PM

I have not heard of anyone successfully cultivating these. As Wilde said they are ectomycorrhizal and form a relationship with tree's. They've grown in my yard under the pines every year that I've been here so far....

• wildedibles likes this

#32 MycoRunner

MycoRunner

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

I would caution you to be very careful when identifying these, as there are deadly poisonous mushrooms that look very similar. The "death cap" mushroom is in the same Genus and looks very similar, among others:
https://en.m.wikiped...nita_phalloides
  • wildedibles, Microbe and MsBehavin420 like this

#33 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:43 PM

I would caution you to be very careful when identifying these, as there are deadly poisonous mushrooms that look very similar. The "death cap" mushroom is in the same Genus and looks very similar, among others:
https://en.m.wikiped...nita_phalloides

I second that caution statement and also strongly advise research into the effects of 

Muscimol and ibotenic acid

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Muscimol_and_ibotenic_acid

For starters check it out................

A

• wildedibles and MsBehavin420 like this

#34 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:30 AM

Oh im not trying to eat them. I do have a large deer population around
  • wildedibles likes this

#35 Kmmfarm

Kmmfarm

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:47 AM

What I your experience would you say the best way to dry, process and store these noble fruits? Asides from drying them on a string. We have an area which seems to produce 1000s every year. I was thinking harvest some and put them away fro rainy day for anyone out there, who is interested.

Edited by Kmmfarm, 30 July 2017 - 09:48 AM.

• wildedibles likes this

#36 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:41 PM

The best way to dry mushrooms that I've found has been my forced air food dehydrator. Within 8 hours they are cracker crispy dry and then storing them in the large plastic pretzel jugs with screw on lids, a large desiccant pack below and above the dried fruits.

The deer have eaten ALL of my amanita's the last two years, from the little emerging pins to adult..........

A

• wildedibles and CatsAndBats like this

#37 Kmmfarm

Kmmfarm

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:25 AM

Well hopefully the patch comes back this year and i will be more than happy to share the bounty.

• Arathu and wildedibles like this

#38 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

The deer get them b4 the chippy?? Oh boy oh boy whats wrong with your critters not sharing with you??
  • Arathu likes this

#39 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

This motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,221 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:23 AM

The deer get them b4 the chippy?? Oh boy oh boy whats wrong with your critters not sharing with you??

Please don't mention deer right now.  https://mycotopia.ne...rden/?p=1329223

;)

• wildedibles likes this

#40 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,431 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2022 - 05:11 AM

Amanita muscaria in my dreams last night......oh boy....when they start talking to me like that things get interesting...

This year I'm gathering plenty of medicine. I believe they are much more than that but the word medicine (for me and NOT as advice to anyone else) is a good "placeholder"..

A

• Skywatcher, YoshiTrainer and MushLuvR like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!