#41 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,390 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:57 PM

Is this where the expression "blue balls" comes from ?
  • Sidestreet and fahtster like this

#42 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,223 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

Hahahahahahaa........................nice cake-o-alien-cocks! 

I love it!

That's a crazy strain.....to me the mushroom itself is fucking tripping balls all the time..........

Beautiful.................no way not to nominate this for POTM...............

A

Edited by Arathu, 01 March 2017 - 04:49 PM.

• Sidestreet and MLBjammer like this

#43 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,658 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

I am actualy glad my slong doesnt resemble those XD

Penis disenvy

Ha!  I hear that.

Thanks all.  These babies are funky as shit, I love the way they look.

They've been getting plenty of fresh air and the new pins are all turning out to be major fatasses.  They aren't all going to fruit at the same time, though, it looks like.  There may not be a solid money shot of all the cakes fruiting at once, but there will definitely be some good mushrooms.  I wasn't planning a grow for after these cakes but now I'm considering a clone.

• fahtster and MLBjammer like this

#44 ChimX

ChimX

Spiritual Forager

• Expired Member
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:14 AM

I can't believe I missed this thread! It's great timing because, even though everyone monopolized on the phallic humor before I could, I've got 6 multi-spore PE BRF cakes that I was debating on whether to fruit or tray. I'd bought into the 'PE doesn't do well on cakes' myth myself and I appreciate you shattering the notion. I'll fruit as is & keep you posted on results.

20170222_203121.jpg
20170301_175017-1.jpg

Probably a row of small nail-sized holes near the bottom of the bottle would do the trick.  I never tried that, though.  Just brain-storming invitro.

Agreed MLBjammer! Most of my cakes go into SFCs, but I always keep one fruiting in a 3 liter coke bottle that I keep on my nightstand. They're great as a quarantine for dubious cakes or, if you're a freak like me, to build a relationship with and talk to.

3 liter coke bottle, 3 air holes (1/4 inch diameter) on all 5 legs, and one more dead center on the bottom (16 total). Cut the top off and melt the lip of the bottom section so it fits inside the top. If you stick a wine bottle inside and hold it against the lip, you can control the burn and shape it easier. Fill with perlite to 3-4 centimeters above the last hole on the bottom section. Fill the mouth with polyfill. Drill 6 tiny holes in the bottle cap and screw it back on. Chuck in a handful of salt, fill with water and let it drain. Presto.

20170226_130315-1.jpg
20170226_125856-1.jpg

I only mist & fan twice a day, but it seems to be enough for decent results.

Thanks again for the thread Sidestreet! Simply beautiful cake! I'll let you know how mine turn out, even if they look like poached unicorns.

Metta
-ChimX

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170301_175017-1.jpg

• Sidestreet, fahtster, MLBjammer and 4 others like this

#45 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2017 - 04:13 AM

I keep my grow bags in the room I sleep in.  There is definitely a connection between humans and mycelium.

Beautiful pics, ChimX.

• Sidestreet, Arathu and ChimX like this

#46 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

• App Administrator
  • 7,658 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:05 AM

Nice, Chim!  Your pop bottle terrarium is definitely more sophisticated than mine was.  I think the fact that it was three liters instead of two helped you out too.

I like your water glass jars.  Do they have lids too?

I keep my grow bags in the room I sleep in.  There is definitely a connection between humans and mycelium.

These babies are in the bedroom with us too. 

• ChimX likes this

#47 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,223 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

if you're a freak like me, to build a relationship with and talk to.

You're not a freak............IMHO you're awake...............

Or quite possibly I'm a freak like you and consider us awake.......

Either way...........I talk to just about everything which certainly includes the fungi......

A

• MLBjammer, ChimX and tailsmcsnails like this

#48 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Gold VIP
  • 540 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:50 AM

That bottle terrarium is the best thing ever in the world.
  • Arathu and ChimX like this

#49 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,223 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:48 AM

Back in the day they used to have a bottom cup hot glued to the bottle.........they worked like a charm for mini green houses and came with a "pot". A little hot water and a pull........boom.........little self contained hot houses for starting the garden early..................and mushrooms too....they work for mushrooms as well.............hahahahaha

A

• tailsmcsnails likes this

#50 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Gold VIP
  • 540 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:52 PM

Can I put one of my pf cakes in one when they're ready for fruiting? I think that's so cool. I want to keep them near me. My friend thinks I'm nuts for talking to my mycelium every day. I say no wonder dmt won't let you in!
  • MLBjammer, Arathu and ChimX like this

#51 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:02 AM

Yes, you can.  That's old school.

• Arathu and tailsmcsnails like this

#52 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

• App Administrator
  • 7,658 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:20 AM

Well, I guess now is as good a time as any to say that I'm sorry, but I had a bit of a freakout and ended up cleaning out the house... which means that these babies are gone.  :tinfoil: :blush: :ohmy: :ph34r:

• Arathu, ChimX and Jeepster like this

#53 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Gold VIP
  • 540 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:36 AM

Well, I guess now is as good a time as any to say that I'm sorry, but I had a bit of a freakout and ended up cleaning out the house... which means that these babies are gone.  :tinfoil: :blush: :ohmy: :ph34r:

whaaaat?  noooooo

#54 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

o()xxxx[{::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

• OG VIP
  • 9,200 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

:thumbs_down:

#55 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:16 PM

Hey man.. I once thought the gov planted bugs in my surround sound speakers because there was some shiny thing I hadn't seen before. lol.. tore them off the wall and very quietly emptied everything out of my apt. I was extremely boomed out and when I came too in the morning, I looked at the speaker and it was the phucking magnet covering for the speaker LOL.

Shit happens. Glad your ok, though. Can't say the same for my speakers. ;)

Faht
  • Sidestreet, MLBjammer, Arathu and 3 others like this

#56 ChimX

ChimX

Spiritual Forager

• Expired Member
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:35 PM

I hadn't posted earlier because I thought you meant that you'd tossed out your pop bottles in a cleaning frenzy. My condolences Side! I often forget the legal concerns in other countries.

There's never been an arrest or court case regarding mushrooms where I'm at, so I too quickly dismiss the necessity for anonymity and care that most people require in their endeavors.

It's a crime against God when men prohibit the very medicines and gifts that were put on this earth for us. Be safe and take care.

Until it's safe to return to your medicines and faith, please continue to shower us with your knowledge and advice.

You're a saint whose past input has facilitated paths to spirituality, personal growth, and helped bring people (myself at least), closer to God. (Past tense emphasized.)

If you never grow another medicine, you'll always have my eternal gratitude.

Metta
-ChimX
  • Sidestreet, MLBjammer, Arathu and 3 others like this

#57 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,223 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

Outdoor woodlover beds made this exact scenario obsolete..............I understand it's not an option for many folks...............just another item in my long list of reasons to gather a tribe. Of course then we'll be a CULT............

A crime against humanity in my views then again so are all of their wars..................

A

• MLBjammer, ChimX, Microbe and 2 others like this

#58 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• OG VIP
  • 1,652 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

I hate to hear that, Sidestreet. Glad all is well now though. That was a damn nice grow you had going.

Until next time...
  • Sidestreet likes this

#59 Jeepster

Jeepster

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 312 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:11 PM

RIP APE.
  • Sidestreet likes this

#60 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:49 AM

I understand.  Better to be paranoid than in trouble.

That was still a great grow, my friend.  Thanks for sharing.

• Sidestreet and ChimX like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!