69 replies to this topic

#61 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 10,611 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

I had all but forgotten this thread.  It was a good conversation.

Maybe the aliens brought it back?

Another argument against the border wall.

#62 TyPi

TyPi

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:08 AM

One September night in 2016, a couple months after I had definitive proof of my girlfriend being a sex trade worker.
It was early in the evening when I was browsing the forums on Mycotopia, twas at that time I stumbled upon a topic written by Lake Gal about UFO's, sighting and personal experiences with them.
This topic touched me deeply for a few reasons, one of the reasons being the bizzare circumstances surrounding me finding out about everything with regards to my now ex-girlfriend.
The choice was made by myself to write up a response to the topic about me finding out my girlfriend was a sex trade worker, or in nicer terms a stripper. In the write up I included references to other literature that was read by myself in an attempt to explain some of the events leading up to that revelation. The predictions at that time turned out to be false with my old childhood friend being the one to thank for awaking and encouraging me to
"Go through her phone".

Before my friends helped me, there was the preceding random click that lead me to gain the knowledge of my ex-girlfriends true nature. That random click in August of 2016 changed my life for ever and reality as I once knew it to be. From that click I became aware of the world around me, going through her phone was more confirmation of something I had already peered into.

All of that taken into consideration, some thing that has brought me much annoyance is the fact that people around here in my town have stumbled upon my writings and they doubt that I was the Author. The people around here say that,
"He is too slow, to write it. He must have copied and pasted it."

Well, I'll have those people know that I did in fact write that on my own. Writing is an art, at that time I felt an extreme emotional response in which the urge to write came upon myself. For people to judge me on the way I type and for those people to say that I do not talk in a manor which reflects my writing is blasphemy. Perhaps the notions they have towards who I am are wrong.

Because ones English teacher did not like their style of writing, it does not indefinitely dam a person in that subject. Creative writing may not follow conventional rules, it can be used as a tool for expressing how someone feels at that time.

• Alder Logs likes this

#63 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 10,611 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:26 AM

TyPi

I was functionally illiterate until age twenty.   I probably flunked every essay question test I ever took through the 11.5 grades I attended.   Never read a book in high school and flunked four years of English.   Having something to say from the heart is all the power you need, and if writing works best, then have at it.  

I started writing with a mechanical typewriter and tons of White-Out (I had to get it in one draft because I couldn't, and still can't, type copy) in the mid '80s.  I went on to a Commodore 128 with a used teevee as a monitor in the '90s, always having a dictionary and thesaurus by my side (tip - the best thesaurus is the New York Times Crossword Puzzle Dictionary).  Then it was on to newer computers with spell checking.   There was some luck and grace in having an old friend who was an English and French teacher who voluntarily proofread my early stuff, helping me with grammar (which I never understood at all).   

As far as creative writing goes, that's not so much in my wheelhouse.  I wish I could do that, but perhaps it will yet come.  But with a universe of experience always available, there's still plenty of material for me to do the word-smithing with, an activity I really love.  

Your doing it now, so forget what people think.   Perhaps the notion you have towards who you are is wrong.   Be who you are.  Life is now, friend.  

[Direct Link]

#64 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 754 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:12 PM

TyPi

I was functionally illiterate until age twenty.   I probably flunked every essay question test I ever took through the 11.5 grades I attended.   Never read a book in high school and flunked four years of English.   Having something to say from the heart is all the power you need, and if writing works best, then have at it.  

I started writing with a mechanical typewriter and tons of White-Out (I had to get it in one draft because I couldn't, and still can't, type copy) in the mid '80s.  I went on to a Commodore 128 with a used teevee as a monitor in the '90s, always having a dictionary and thesaurus by my side (tip - the best thesaurus is the New York Times Crossword Puzzle Dictionary).  Then it was on to newer computers with spell checking.   There was some luck and grace in having an old friend who was an English and French teacher who voluntarily proofread my early stuff, helping me with grammar (which I never understood at all).   

As far as creative writing goes, that's not so much in my wheelhouse.  I wish I could do that, but perhaps it will yet come.  But with a universe of experience always available, there's still plenty of material for me to do the word-smithing with, an activity I really love.  

Your doing it now, so forget what people think.   Perhaps the notion you have towards who you are is wrong.   Be who you are.  Life is now, friend.  

[Direct Link]

Everyone's different in the ways their brain is wired.  Take me.  I did advanced college level courses in high school and yet I still got stuck on retard math.  Now that I'm older I really don't even bother with it.  That's what calculators are for.  If someone presses me on it in the rare event a math question comes up I just look at them and just say "I don't do math" like its some kind of badge of honor and how dare they not respect my religion.

#65 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 10,611 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:00 AM

Interview With Richard Dolan, Renowned UFO Expert

Published on Jan 3, 2018

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 04 January 2018 - 09:23 AM.

#66 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,829 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:50 PM

[Direct Link]

#67 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,829 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:56 PM

If your government actually told the truth they might say: "yes, it's a real phenomenon, and we are at war with it."

This represents a pitiful primitivity in the human species that is quite dangerous.
  • coorsmikey and Skywatcher like this

#68 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 754 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:05 PM

LOL Steven Greer.  He films moths flying by on his night outs and tells people they are flying saucers.  Even in the UFO field he is starting to be seen as a little fringe.  You gotta give a guy props for telling people that only HIS mental energies can bring the saucers down.

I'm often curious about his background.  He was a doctor of all things then quit that and started into the UFO field.  Is there really this much money in it?  I think if you get even one book published you can forget about working again.  He's been on Coast to Coast several times bullshiting to millions of people so he must be getting paid.

#69 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,829 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:22 PM

No doubt. Still he does have plenty of documents that he makes available, and which you can see copies of.

The question with any of this stuff is "who is telling the truth?" We know the government is not.

#70 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 754 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 05:01 PM

No doubt. Still he does have plenty of documents that he makes available, and which you can see copies of.

The question with any of this stuff is "who is telling the truth?" We know the government is not.

That's really a thing noawadays that hasn't really existed at any point in history.  Even though in ancient times the religious leaders were clearly lying about everything at least there was the pretense of someone 'being in charge'.  Hell nowadays the janitor at the mall is as good a source for information as anything else.

I think therefor I am has become I think therefor it is.  Its all fake news or none of it is.  The only thing that seems to matter is the opinion of the viewer.

Edited by OysterFarmer, Yesterday, 05:08 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!