Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

I love all of you, having a hard time again....

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 1,665 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:22 AM

...misery definitely loves company. 

Yes, but in my experience, "Company definitely does NOT love misery."

• coorsmikey and sparrow95 like this

#42 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,842 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:14 AM

Well, the Company does.

• Spooner likes this

#43 Opalguy

Opalguy

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 108 posts

Donator

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:05 PM

I think I can now shed some light on my "issue".  I am in a really dysfunctional work environment. It is taking a toll, a big one. It is really just getting to me. I was completely denying that. After the salvia experience, things became a lot clearer and I got to work finding new gainful employment. Not done yet, but have a lot of feelers out and am confident we are nearly done with a really crappy life chapter. Thanks for all the help, you might not have realized......but you all helped a lot. Thanks. This buds for you!

OK, So I landed a new job today. I am thrilled with the score. I had narrowed it down to two, really great choices. And the better one called first. I got 30 percent more money, way better benefits in every way. Most are completely paid by the company. And profit sharing. I won't be working holidays. I had lots of fun crafting my 2 weeks notice. Less is more you know. Can't wait to start.

• coorsmikey, Arathu, Alder Logs and 4 others like this

#44 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 1,665 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:11 PM

Congrats Opalguy!

#45 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,054 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:58 AM

I feel the collective human psyche turning toward desperation, anxiety, and despair.

Not because there is anything wrong with YOU, but there is something wrong with the world.

The abomination that is government, law, capitalism, and all the negative side effects they bring are a parasitic infection on humanity which has grown so top heavy that the parasite is causing visible disease in the host.

We are the host.  The good, right, virtuous, noble, bright, healthy, loving human beings.  An infection has entered our minds and spread through media, education, the pyramid scheme of capitalism, and the dog-eat-dog cutthroat competition of climbing over the economic corpses of your neighbors to reach the top of a pile of shit...

We are all losing our minds here and everyone just keeps blaming themselves.  As if becoming a loser in a system that works toward a winner-takes-all scenario is evidence that you're not worthy of life and happiness.

IT'S BULLSHIT.

See it for what it is and either laugh, cry, or get mad but don't think that just because it's your problem that it's your fault.  I didn't design this god-forsaken system, I didn't want to participate in it, but the short-sighted dimwits who perpetuated it were so numerous that the rest of us fell in line.

It's time we break ranks and start showing people a better way to live.

How do we do it?  Read my next book.

• Guy1298 and Spooner like this

#46 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:33 AM

I think I can now shed some light on my "issue".  I am in a really dysfunctional work environment. It is taking a toll, a big one. It is really just getting to me. I was completely denying that. After the salvia experience, things became a lot clearer and I got to work finding new gainful employment. Not done yet, but have a lot of feelers out and am confident we are nearly done with a really crappy life chapter. Thanks for all the help, you might not have realized......but you all helped a lot. Thanks. This buds for you!

OK, So I landed a new job today. I am thrilled with the score. I had narrowed it down to two, really great choices. And the better one called first. I got 30 percent more money, way better benefits in every way. Most are completely paid by the company. And profit sharing. I won't be working holidays. I had lots of fun crafting my 2 weeks notice. Less is more you know. Can't wait to start.

Opal..................CONGRATULATIONS MAN! Damned straight! :thumbs_up2:

My interview seemed to go really well indeed.....the people that I'm talking to are very interested in my skills and experience. They told me outright that this interview was not like most, that I am not applying for an existing position in their company but that they are in the process of expansion and need to grow the team there.......they are going to create a position that I will fill.

This is starting to look really good...........my interview was with the #1 and #2 in the plant not some HR folks and they called me first...........twists of the fates with free will mixed in. The weaving of the fabric of wyrd is quite flexible..............

A

• Opalguy and sparrow95 like this

#47 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:14 AM

I feel the collective human psyche turning toward desperation, anxiety, and despair.  If you are in the US or other "rich" nation then you are, IMHO, feeling a new level of saturation of those feelings and emotions that our brothers and sisters elsewhere have always known. I've been to places that I would not tolerate.....some have no choice.

Not because there is anything wrong with YOU, but there is something wrong with the world. Again IMHO "world" means "age of man" of which each of us is part......NOT doing something to fix it is participating in the mess. Responsibility is a difficult pill to swallow indeed......it damn sure is not going to be easy street...............

The abomination that is government (WE are allowing to happen by NOT stopping it. None of us is willing to make the sacrifices necessary to accomplish that), law, capitalism, and all the negative side effects they bring are a parasitic infection on humanity which has grown so top heavy that the parasite is causing visible disease in the host. Personally I saw vision last night of industrialized humans living inside the Earth while the surface returned to natural homeostasis...........there were a lot of bones and debris in many of the views........

We are the host.  The good, right, virtuous, noble, bright, healthy, loving human beings.  An infection has entered our minds and spread through media, education, the pyramid scheme of capitalism, and the dog-eat-dog cutthroat competition of climbing over the economic corpses of your neighbors to reach the top of a pile of shit... Recognition of such is excellent...turn that shit off, turn those phones off, quit listening to the stories and the bullshit, make changes on a moment by moment basis if necessary. Our collective addictive natures are being exploited by fellow addicts and I'm certain that most people are scared shitless of death, discomfort is shunned and numbed.........and now with these constant personal programming terminals called "smart phones" there are very few moments of free individual thought even available to most. People don't even know what to say when I tell them I don't have a phone and will not be getting one................... :bat:

We are all losing our minds here and everyone just keeps blaming themselves.  As if becoming a loser in a system that works toward a winner-takes-all scenario is evidence that you're not worthy of life and happiness. IMHO it is well worth looking into the mirror and accepting blame. We SHOULD loose our minds (mind to date has mostly been programmed by the very monsters we seek to slay via the previous generation of programmed MIND units) Unless those patterns and beliefs are let to pass how will we build anew? Is it scary? Hopefully so..............doesn't mean I won't entertain going there.............  :hug: I am NOT my mind.....in fact I am NOT anything that I can point at....

IT'S BULLSHIT.  We are going to have to find collective need and place our collective values in NEW WAYS............a NEW WEORLD.......minus someone elses ORDER. The universe already ordered things and Mother Earth already has plans. Whether or not humans are to stay in the picture, IS OUR CHOICE

world (n.) dictionary.gif Old English woruld, worold "human existence, the affairs of life," also "a long period of time," also "the human race, mankind, humanity," a word peculiar to Germanic languages (cognates: Old Saxon werold, Old Frisian warld, Dutch wereld, Old Norse verold, Old High German weralt, German Welt), with a literal sense of "age of man," from Proto-Germanic *wer "man" (Old English wer, still in werewolf; see virile) + *ald "age" (see old).

Originally "life on earth, this world (as opposed to the afterlife)," sense extended to "the known world," then to "the physical world in the broadest sense, the universe" (c. 1200). In Old English gospels, the commonest word for "the physical world," was Middangeard (Old Norse Midgard), literally "the middle enclosure" (see yard (n.1)), which is rooted in Germanic cosmology. Greek kosmos in its ecclesiastical sense of "world of people" sometimes was rendered in Gothic as manaseþs, literally "seed of man." The usual Old Norse word was heimr, literally "abode" (see home). Words for "world" in some other Indo-European languages derive from the root for "bottom, foundation" (such as Irish domun, Old Church Slavonic duno, related to English deep); the Lithuanian word is pasaulis, from pa- "under" + saule "sun."

Original sense in world without end, translating Latin saecula saeculorum, and in worldly. Latin saeculum can mean both "age" and "world," as can Greek aion. Meaning "a great quantity or number" is from 1580s. Out of this world "surpassing, marvelous" is from 1928; earlier it meant "dead." World Cup is by 1951; U.S. baseball World Series is by 1893 (originally often World's Series). World power in the geopolitical sense first recorded 1900. World-class is attested from 1950, originally of Olympic athletes.

See it for what it is and either laugh, cry, or get mad but don't think that just because it's your problem that it's your fault.  I didn't design this god-forsaken system, I didn't want to participate in it, but the short-sighted dimwits who perpetuated it were so numerous that the rest of us fell in line.  The truth is actually quite the opposite......the masses by far outnumber the greedy piggies...........the programming is brilliant, evil as fuck, but brilliant none the less. Times of bravery and sacrifice ARE COMING............think of how the conscripts in the big world wars felt............in any of the wars for that matter. The new warfare is in MIND.....it's coming through those TV sets, smart phones, and other media and they are very rapidly taking over this internet if it wasn't the plan from the outset as well. IMHO find your tribes soon..............Consider that the internet was a result of the DOD way before you saw it.....anyone think they just turned such a tool loose?   

It's time we break ranks and start showing people a better way to live. Indeed...............we will still have to play the games or they will eradicate you and I..................

How do we do it?  Read my next book.  No thank you but if you'd like to discuss things further, that can be done around the fire AFTER the compost heaps are turned, the plots are weeded, early fruits picked and stored, children fed, roofs sealed and maintained, equipment repaired and maintained, and ....................................... yawn......what happened to all that piss and vinegar?

From the Old English Rune Poem a bit of wisdom:

Trouble is oppressive to the heart; yet often it proves a source of help and salvation
to the children of men, to everyone who heeds it betimes.   I feel exactly what you're talking about...................and I'm doing something in the local weorld.      

Just my reflections upon your stimulation of my brains....................... :biggrin:

Don't listen to me I'm an idiot that eats mushrooms..............

A

#48 Opalguy

Opalguy

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 108 posts

Donator

Posted 01 April 2017 - 09:12 AM

I feel the collective human psyche turning toward desperation, anxiety, and despair.

Not because there is anything wrong with YOU, but there is something wrong with the world.

The abomination that is government, law, capitalism, and all the negative side effects they bring are a parasitic infection on humanity which has grown so top heavy that the parasite is causing visible disease in the host.

We are the host.  The good, right, virtuous, noble, bright, healthy, loving human beings.  An infection has entered our minds and spread through media, education, the pyramid scheme of capitalism, and the dog-eat-dog cutthroat competition of climbing over the economic corpses of your neighbors to reach the top of a pile of shit...

We are all losing our minds here and everyone just keeps blaming themselves.  As if becoming a loser in a system that works toward a winner-takes-all scenario is evidence that you're not worthy of life and happiness.

IT'S BULLSHIT.

See it for what it is and either laugh, cry, or get mad but don't think that just because it's your problem that it's your fault.  I didn't design this god-forsaken system, I didn't want to participate in it, but the short-sighted dimwits who perpetuated it were so numerous that the rest of us fell in line.

Darci, I agree to a limited degree. We do still have freedom, with caveats. The corruption ingrained in all facets of life is really what makes the misery real. Everyone has an angle, screw everyone else, I'm gettin mine. That is the crap part. Great rant! Thanks for all!

#49 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,842 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

The parasite is false identity.  We all get it before the teevee is ever turned on.  We get it from day 1 when we are pushed to make something of ourselves.  What we make of ourselves is the other.  With our own otherness, all that can be seen becomes as other.  

The true identity has no form, yet it is What Is, beyond the reach of mental judgments and interpretation.  It is the nameless Name, the wordless Word.   The parasite only exists by Its power, which is all of ours by birthright, and It was here before, and will be here after.  It is now, always. 

False identity lives in the pictures and biases of some believed in past, and controls us from projected images of scary Technicolor futures.  Be here now, where It is real.  If there is anything to be gotten from incomplete memories or dark fantasy futures, any benefit at all to gain from our mutual subsidence into the conditioned dream, it must be in our own dissatisfaction with the false, and our demands to be who and what we really are.  The truth of this cannot be known by/as the falsity we have believed ourselves to be. 

There is the great sacrifice: giving up our own bullshit story about this person I am.   Simple, but not so easy.   Luckily, What Is is always there, waiting for us to lay down our pretense and just be It.

Edited by Alder Logs, 01 April 2017 - 03:32 PM.

• Arathu likes this

#50 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:11 AM

Simple, but not so easy.   Luckily, What Is is always there, waiting for us to lay down our pretense and just be It.

It doesn't cost anything at all either, in fact it cannot be bought or sold.................and is available to each upon .............. nothing

I'm surprised What Is isn't illegal...............yet   :cool:

A

• Alder Logs likes this

#51 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 73 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:29 AM

IT'S BULLSHIT.

I agree with all that you are saying.

However I also see many loving , kind, helpful people in the world.

I have been miserable and focused on negative aspects of myself and the world.

I'm happy with my life now.

This world has a lot to offer for those of us in the "first" world.  Spiritually as well as physically.

• Arathu likes this

#52 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

I agree with all that you are saying.

However I also see many loving , kind, helpful people in the world.

I have been miserable and focused on negative aspects of myself and the world.

I'm happy with my life now.

This world has a lot to offer for those of us in the "first" world.  Spiritually as well as physically.

We're either going to make a better world or a worse world......because that's what "world" means....age of MAN.............and WE have the choice.

A

#53 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/(^ x ^)\

• OG VIP
  • 7,196 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

It could be argued very easily that all humans are parasitic, and extremely successful at it.

#54 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,842 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

It could be argued very easily that all humans are parasitic...

...but it wouldn't make it so.    It would only be arguing for a particular point of view; something that can always be changed.   Things once, not so long ago, looked as bad to these eyes.   Feel free to visit our perspectives table, helping yourself to any of the strange and exotic vistas which might appeal.  Enjoy.

Edited by Alder Logs, 05 April 2017 - 04:00 PM.

• Arathu likes this

#55 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:36 PM

It could also be argued that we are ALL children of a much larger organism and SHE really does KNOW what the hell SHE is doing......If we were actually a parasite I'm betting SHE would have rid herself of the infection (that's not to say that we are not misbehaving and might get a spanking soon).....if you think that humans make a "mess" out of things check out the chemical results of volcanic activity not to mention what's actually happening under ground.

This also is nothing more than another observation and flawed point of view from a sentience anchored in a meat suit for now (note I've come a long way in getting out of this suit from time to time)

I AM.................an infant-infinite 

A

• Alder Logs likes this

#56 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,842 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:20 PM

Reality: