#1 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,374 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:01 PM

50 Shades of hummus  (serve with sliced sweet  peppers, carrots, broccoli, celery, etc or with sweet potato crackers)

P1000012.JPG

Standard Hummus

1 can of garbanzo beans  or any type of cooked beans (cannilini, fava, scarlet runner etc_

3 chopped cloves of garlic sautéed for 1 min in olive oil

2 tbs of tahini

2 sprigs of parsely

Juice of ½ lemon

1 tbs olive oil

Mix all together in a food processor  then add more bean liquid or olive oil for consistency, process

Black bean hummus

1 can of black beans drained ,set aside liquid  

2 tbs of tahini

2 sprigs of parsely

Juice of ½ lemon

1 tbs olive oil

Sprinkle of pepper and salt to taste

Mix all together in a food processor  then add more bean liquid or olive oil for consistency, process

Beet hummus

1 can of garbanzo beans setting aside the liquid

2 tbs of tahini

2 sprigs of parsely

Juice of ½ lemon

1 tbs olive oil

1 beet

Take a beet and roast in the oven at 350 until the skin is easily pulled off.  Cut the beet in half, dice’ up one half into small cubes set aside..

Add the one half cooked  beet together in a food processor  then add more bean liquid or olive oil for consistency  Process, then add beet cubes

1 can of garbanzo beans  or any type of cooked beans (cannilini, fava, scarlet runner etc_

2 tbs of tahini

2 sprigs of parsely

Juice of ½ lemon

1 tbs olive oil

1 tsp curry powder

¼  cup of canned coconut milk

Salt and pepper to taste.

Mix all together in a food processor  then add more bean liquid or olive oil for consistency

Red Bell pepper hummus

2 tbs of tahini

2 sprigs of parsely

Juice of ½ lemon

1 tbs olive oil

1 bell pepper

Salt and pepper to taste

Bake or broil red bell pepper cut in half open side down on a cookie sheet until skin blacked. Skin and separate from pulp . Add to food processor

Mix all together in then  food processor  then add more bean liquid or olive oil for consistency

Lentil Hummus

1 can of lentil  beans  (red, green or yellow) or cook up your own

2 tbs of tahini

2 sprigs of parsely

Juice of ½ lemon

1 tbs olive oil

Salt and pepper to taste

Place all in food processor and process to consistency adding bean water and or olive oil for desired cosistency.

Edited by Seeker2be, 08 February 2017 - 07:28 PM.

• kcmoxtractor and Heirloom like this

#2 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,832 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:48 PM

Love this thread, subscribed! 

16472800_10155102854252287_5857953690338874805_n.png

#3 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,572 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

crazy, we just did a hummus platter as a special at work, we had the black bean and beet hummus, with standard hummus as well....

#4 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,374 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:25 PM

Healthy and very good.

#5 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:28 PM

I really like hummus and black beans, I like all beans. I was going to make black beans and rice for sup this evening.

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,024 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:54 PM

I eat it every day for lunch.  Eating it now on rice cakes as I write this.  Hummus has been the center of my lunch routine for over 20 years.

My basic recipe all raw (except for the beans and the pasteurized lime juice) organic hummus:

Dip two maxed full one quart Pyrex measuring cupfuls (it's probably more than 2.5 quarts) from a 25# bag of organic garbanzos and pour them slowly into an 8 quart stainless steel Presto pressure cooker, watching for small rocks, and cover these with hot tap water to soak for a couple hours.

Peel one whole bulb of garlic and cut the cloves in half (I find there is something about a whole smooth cloves' shape that can allow them to escape the blades of my blender sometimes) and put them in the blender. 

Take a one quart measure of raw organic white sesame seeds and put them into the food processor and run it on 'high' until it turns to butter.  Put that into the blender.

Pour in two thirds of a pint of organic lime juice to the blender (I used to juice organic limes -- cost way more and was a real PITA). 

Glug in an inch or so of organic extra virgin olive oil.

Glug a good amount of organic tamari.

Put in a bit less than a tsp of cumin powder and the same amount of sea salt.

Pressure cook the garbanzos until you think they're probably cooked enough.  Cool the PC in the sink of cold water.  When it's cool enough to pour off the cook water, save some of that aside.   Pour some of the cook water into the blender to bring the level up to a bit under 1200 CCs.   Blend the fuck out of that mix, which will expand it to 1200 CCs.

Pour the drained beans into a two quart and a one quart Pyrex measuring cup, which is all each can hold, mounded up high. 

Pour the heaping one quart measuring cup into the food processor.

Pour 400 CCs of the blend into the food processor and process it on 'high' until smooth and even.

Spoon that into half pint wide mouth canning jars to a half inch below the top.

Repeat the previous four steps two more times. 

Makes about 28 half pint jars.

Edited by Alder Logs, 08 February 2017 - 04:13 PM.

• Seeker2be and Heirloom like this

#7 archersmark

archersmark

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:13 PM

Yum.  I like Hummus, but I absolutely adore baba ganoush, does anyone have a great tried-and-true baba ganoush recipe?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!