#1 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Black VIP
  • 490 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:58 PM

With my first acrb extraction looking like a winner, it occurred to me that I'm now a real honest to goodness lawbeaker.  Purchasing small quantities of illegal things and consuming them for a long while probably qualified me anyway, but I feel like I crossed a line and it got me thinking.

Because nothing I've ever done or ever will do harms anyone (self included I hope), it makes me pretty confused that my activities  on my own property, in my own time, using funds I bloody well paid taxes on could be anybody's business!  

For my next trick, as soon as the spores arrive, I'm going to be shrooming, so there's another law broken (not to mention acquiring the spores etc).

So you know what, maybe I will find a way to turn straw into gold and donate it to some causes who I believe fight the crap that makes me angry (think ACLU, EFF).  If I'm going to be a criminal I may as well be Robin Hood.  Anyway that's not the point of my post... stay with me for one more minute?

Last night I bought some lab glassware on ebay, and it occurred to me that those transactions are in the clear (if there isn't a bitcoin eBay in the .onion domain, there should be.  Not for illegal stuff, just for privacy), and I had a little spurt of paranoia.  Made my purchase history/feedback "private" which is hardly ironclad opsec.  ANYWAY... it got me thinking about all the things that would tip me off if I was a junior detective and wanted to bust some low-flying suburban backyard chemist/agriculturalist.  it would be pretty easy.  My basket full of vermiculite and perlite and turkey basters and brown rice and lye and.... at the hardware store, long history of purchasing acacia seeds and tubestock, etc etc you get the idea.

I'm kind of trying to whip myself into a more paranoid state, so I remember that this IS illegal and that I need to be careful.  At the same time I need a reality check- how bad IS it in the supposedly free world?  If my darkweb opsec is good, ( I'm confident that it is as good as I can make it for that identity), and I don't talk to anyone IRL about my exploits...do I need to be like super crazy and grow in a secret room that has a bookshelf that spins around when I touch a candlestick?  ORRRR is it enough to just be cool and discrete (ir is it discreet)?  what do you all do?

Edited by tailsmcsnails, 09 February 2017 - 07:49 PM.

• Sidestreet likes this

#2 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,120 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:50 PM

Just remain a little fish in a big pond. Don't be low hanging fruit either. Be discreet, don't talk, use obfuscation and you should be fine. Glassware will put you on a list in the States, but being on a list doesn't mean shit, as most of us here already are on one I suspect.

Sidestreet made this:

https://mycotopia.ne...lawg-for-heads/

Edited by catattack, 09 February 2017 - 07:51 PM.

• Sidestreet, Gnomesayin and tailsmcsnails like this

#3 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Black VIP
  • 490 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:09 PM

Just remain a little fish in a big pond. Don't be low hanging fruit either. Be discreet, don't talk, use obfuscation and you should be fine. Glassware will put you on a list in the States, but being on a list doesn't mean shit, as most of us here already are on one I suspect.

Sidestreet made this:

That's interesting thanks. How does one find out what activities get one added to a watch list?

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

#4 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Black VIP
  • 490 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:15 PM

and you know what else? Fuck SWIM.  One of the many things I like about this forum is that you hardly ever see that grain-of-salt-over-the-shoulder diddly-crap.

#5 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,120 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:17 PM

Sidestreet made this:

That's interesting thanks. How does one find out what activities get one added to a watch list?

Most glassware, precursors, anything having to do with manufacturing illicit substances basically. Criminal record too.

Don't talk shit on FOAF or my boy SWIM.  :tongue:

This is a post by @steampunkScientist listing illegal precursors in Texas:

https://mycotopia.ne...read/?p=1303248

Edited by catattack, 09 February 2017 - 08:18 PM.

• tailsmcsnails likes this

#6 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Black VIP
  • 490 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:18 PM

Don't talk shit on FOAF or my boy SWIM.  :tongue:

VOMIT FACE!!

#7 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,120 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:22 PM

I mean do y'all not have "breaking bad" down there?

:biggrin:

Edited by catattack, 09 February 2017 - 08:23 PM.

#8 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Black VIP
  • 490 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

I mean do y'all not have "breaking bad" down there?

:biggrin:

eyeroll

SERIOUSLY though I just had a quick google and it looks like the Feds in AU have their hands full with meth and ice, in a BIG way.  I'm not a "known (or unknown) associate" of the bikie gangs that run the commercial meth/ice business here so I imagine LE limited resources would not be allocated to running down gentle hippies who masqeurade by day as straighty-180 corporate types ;-).  I'll be super careful anyway and I REALLY want to find out what kind of purchasing activity they're interested in- looks like it's mainly meth and ice precursors that are watched automatically though.

Edited by tailsmcsnails, 09 February 2017 - 09:35 PM.

#9 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,414 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:26 AM

Yes, because meth is an epidemic sadly.  Just keep your head low, don't tell anyone what you are doing, and you will be okay.  I have been doing this kind of stuff for years, but I keep it to myself.

#10 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Black VIP
  • 490 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:53 AM

Yes, because meth is an epidemic sadly. Just keep your head low, don't tell anyone what you are doing, and you will be okay. I have been doing this kind of stuff for years, but I keep it to myself.

Thank you! That's reassuring. What a waste of resources to be pursuing ppl like us in this scary world. My paranoia saved me some $ though. After hand separating what seemed like litres of naptha I wanted a separatory funnel (which is on the list, bizarrely) and I chickened out of the purchase. Then I realised that a Palmolive dish soap bottle will work just as well!

#11 GORF

GORF

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:09 AM

It is amazing to me more people don't know about all the wonderful, non-reactive, glassware substitutes that can be fashioned out of modern plastics and polymers we would throwaway.
Also extends to modern stainless steel kitchen accessories and home depot like plumbing supplies.

The economic frontier is ripe with alternatives to watch list items if you just employ a little thought and have a knack for DIY assembly.

Helps to look like a married couple when purchasing some items of course. I call it suburban camo. Get a female friend, preferably one with a kid and purchase a pressure cooker at a national chain store.

Having a hobby helps too. I purchased KOH, lab grade dry crystal for "reasons", but I also got some cast iron pipe and half inch carbon rod, and made a oxygen/hydrogen generator with 6 reactors in series and operates from a twelve volt battery and solar panel. Now I have a reason for needing a strong alkaline base like NaOH and KOH. That and I like those hobbies so it was more than a cover.

Really impressive to fill a balloon with hydrogen and oxygen and then poke it with a burning match. Wear safety glasses and a use a glove, but I guarantee kids will be yelling do it again.

Edited by GORF, 10 February 2017 - 07:11 AM.

#12 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,586 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:11 AM

As I see it, it's an odds game.  Do what you need to do to keep the odds low that trouble will find you.  And in that respect, it never hurts to go a little overboard.  A little paranoia can keep you safe (just don't look like you're paranoid to others, because that in itself can be suspicious).

Edited by Sidestreet, 10 February 2017 - 07:12 AM.

• Juthro and tailsmcsnails like this

#13 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Black VIP
  • 490 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:45 AM

I got the camouflage aspect covered as I am a lady of une age certaine, with a very grown up responsible persona :-). I came by my PC honestly haha!

Also the hobbies thing is a good point- as a textile nerd and weekend artist I have a studio full of dyes and solvents acquired innocently- in fact when my teenager found me boiling Acacia bark she asked what I was planning to dye :-D.

I feel a lot better now. Orange just isn't my colour.
  • Sidestreet likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!