40 replies to this topic

#21 Soulocybin

Soulocybin

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 82 posts

Donator

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:50 PM

Gonna love seeing your first pin pop out and good luck.

• Jeepster and kh1249 like this

#22 kh1249

kh1249

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:09 AM

Hey all. I am looking forward to going out of town to my parents for my spring break next week & decided to try a few things. Ive been reading tons of info on the net regarding birthing, fruiting, harvesting. I am birthing one jar, and still am going to finish the rest invitro. Im birthing one just to get a hands on experience/preview when it comes to multiple jars and large fruit chamber.
Update: two days ago (Mar 2) i decided to birth one jar that have clusters of white dots, assuming they are pins. The cake smells of an earthy fresh apple. I removed my layer of verm with a spoon, & rinsed with faucet water, & submerged it in its own jar for 8 hours. Then applied a double end case of moist verm.

I created this mini fruit chamber, no drilled holes, plastic wrap as lid, sprayed walls, with damp perlite. My room receives weak ambient light, so i have a lamp on for about 6 hours total thru out of the day. Temp usually 69-72

Any suggestions?? Thanks for readingSnapchat-1826001802.jpg Snapchat-746013319.jpg
  • spunforfun, Jeepster and ljacve55 like this

#23 spunforfun

spunforfun

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:25 PM

It shouldn't smell like a apple. I toss it if it doesn't smell like mushrooms.

#24 kh1249

kh1249

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

It shouldn't smell like a apple. I toss it if it doesn't smell like mushrooms.

I am kinda clueless to what shroom smell like. I have ate fresh mushrooms once before.. kinda still with water in them as bit into them. The smell of my cake smells like the taste of the fresh shroom. No foul or funky odor

On the other hand ive once ate dried shroom & they smelled pretty bad. Like cheese

#25 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,512 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

Quarantine the one that smells like apples and fan it a lot, you may be able to kill the contamination as it's bacterial IMHO.

I also suggest that you drink coors banquet beer as opposed to coorslight. 

• Arathu, tailsmcsnails and kh1249 like this

#26 kh1249

kh1249

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:09 AM

Update: the cake i birthed & placed in mini fc still showing no signs of life. I rolled it dry verm. I keep ceiling fan on 24/7 & spray every other hour when walls are dry. Starting to wonder if anythings wrong?

#27 The1unknown

The1unknown

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

I made a mini fruiting Chamber not dissimilar to yours. My cakes been in there for about a week and a half. I do have holes in mine. But I have no ceiling fan running at all (just normal air-conditioning use) and I've sprayed my chamber only about 5-6 times in that time . Sounds like too much air drying things out. You would probably do better with no fan and fan it by hand 3-6 times a day. You'll notice you won't have to mist as much.
  • CatsAndBats and kh1249 like this

#28 kh1249

kh1249

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:56 AM

I made a mini fruiting Chamber not dissimilar to yours. My cakes been in there for about a week and a half. I do have holes in mine. But I have no ceiling fan running at all (just normal air-conditioning use) and I've sprayed my chamber only about 5-6 times in that time . Sounds like too much air drying things out. You would probably do better with no fan and fan it by hand 3-6 times a day. You'll notice you won't have to mist as much.

Thanks for the kind words. I will fan every four hours from now on.

Change of plans too: i am not traveling for spring break. So i will be able to fruit my cakes in a fruit chamber. Ill construct one similar to what catattack posted earlier in this post.
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#29 The1unknown

The1unknown

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

Sounds like a solid plan. Good luck!

#30 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,202 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

I'm not trying to be smart ass or jerk.........BUT....Did anyone mention patience yet? Oh these things WILL teach patience and understanding gradual environmental changes.......

Good fruit vibes to ya and the fungi...........

A

• OldBear, tailsmcsnails and kh1249 like this

#31 kh1249

kh1249

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:43 PM

Hey all
After putting a couple cakes in the newly acquired terrarium, believe i have my first pin! Although my fc has no holes whatsoever, ive read that a build up of co2 will trigger pinning. Is this somewhat true?
Currently i have the chamber's lid loosely fit on, & i fan every other hour
Snapchat-302291573.jpg
  • fahtster, Arathu and Gnomesayin like this

#32 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:07 PM

Congrats! Not sure about the co2 concept though... it's not registering in ma brain right now.. I'm leaning towards more o2 being better for pinning... just keep the humidity up along with the FAE once birthed, but maybe someone else can chime in if I'm wrong.

Faht
  • kh1249 likes this

#33 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

I have heard of folks kind of choking cakes and subs to encourage colonization (I am not a fan of that practice, BTW), but, like Faht, I am drawing a blank on high CO2 levels to induce pinning.

#34 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,202 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:58 PM

I'm way more inclined to think that a mycelium running out of new food and then reaching a fresh O2 high humidity environment, like breaking through the surface of the ground under the grass.............

A

• MLBjammer likes this

#35 kh1249

kh1249

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:25 PM

I birthed one more cake & did not apply a dunk to it, but i did dbl end case it, & rolled it in verm. I did learn that the white dots mentiomed before were in fact mini pins. When i birth this cake, i noticed that behind the white dot was a little guy behind it. Extreme blueing just at rhe bottom of cake immediately after birth as i had to apply a couple hard bangs to slide it outSnapchat-218803363.jpg
  • MLBjammer and tailsmcsnails like this

#36 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:38 AM

Yeah, sometimes you have to bang the cakes out a bit.  Use a phone book or catalog.

That's some gorgeous mycelium on that one.

• kh1249 likes this

#37 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,202 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:31 AM

Oh yeah that's a beauty.............

A

#38 kh1249

kh1249

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:08 PM

Quick update
Ever since i put cakes in tarrarium, things have rapidly taken off. Lots of pinning, even one cake left in the jar.
Its been 24 hours since pic was taken ill supply updates soon
Snapchat-694511707.jpg Snapchat-266356147.jpg
  • Triptomemes likes this

#39 kh1249

kh1249

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:48 PM

Hey all just another quick update & a few questions
Growth still continuing. Theyre kinda growing sideways.. but im pretty sure it shouldnt be a problem from the looks of mine right?? Another question, i may take some for a test drive & i was wondering if some will be potent enough, even harvesting shortly before veil breaks & caps opening.. i am patient enough for caps to open but i was just wondering

Snapchat-37787381.jpg Snapchat-1027198457.jpg
  • Arathu and tailsmcsnails like this

#40 kh1249

kh1249

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:07 PM

Hey all. First off i wanna say thanks to everyone and everything that has guided me to this success.
I ate like 33grams wet & went on a boat on the river with great friends. I think i will not post again until my golden teachers are done.Snapchat-1808307441.jpg Snapchat-1569338358.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• Snapchat-1668846140.jpg

• Arathu likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!