32 replies to this topic

#1 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,759 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:50 PM

Remember your first ever freshy you grew yourself from spore?  What was it like?  After reading that psilocin is gone after drying them, that means Ive never experienced psilocin EVER!  Until tonight that is.   :biggrin: Tell me your first freshy experiences!  Give it up!

Edited by riseabovethought, 14 February 2017 - 03:51 PM.

• Sidestreet, Arathu, ChimX and 4 others like this

#2 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

I practice

• OG VIP
  • 3,145 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:11 PM

I think psilocybin is converted into psilocin in the liver.

However I find fresh mushrooms to be better, maybe my liver doesn't convert it as well as other bodies do. I had a time when my liver enzymes were out of wack , now I got them back to normal or better.

I get a better high from PS.Cyans when eaten fresh, my dried ones don't compare. The kind of high that has me seeing hentai type tentacles in my mind of various colors. This would frighten some but I like it. Sometimes it's like I see the neurons firing in my brain.

I also find cubes to be better fresh. They seem to come on faster and more potent.
  • ChimX, riseabovethought, Stoned Angel and 2 others like this

#3 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,334 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:52 PM

Early in my growing days I had the thought that it would be cool to be, like, a connoisseur of visuals.  An enjoyer of fine drippiness.

Well, I ate about 30 grams of freshies that night.  After having a little fun watching the fabric on my couch crawl around, I stepped out on my balcony I looked up to find clouds like I've never seen before.  It was alternating bands of cloud and clear night sky.  The lines were straight as a razor and the borders as clear and apparent as a zebra's stripes.  This pattern filled the entire night sky.

Somebody was showing me a real visual.

There's no doubt about it, if you want to see something beautiful, eat fresh mushrooms.  I don't remember where I heard this, but someone was conjecturing that the baeocystin in fresh mushrooms makes them more visual... could be just that there's way more substance in them than in dried...

• MLBjammer, ChimX, riseabovethought and 3 others like this

#4 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,416 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:00 PM

Trout fishing for a four day weekend...........2nd afternoon low and behold along the stream some babies growing...(spring time trout fishing).......I grabbed a large fresh ovoid from a log........A meaty dwarf with intense smell and shape........and so there among them made my camp and a fire and then I met many of the local forest spirits through the night. It was a big mushroom and the fresh taste/smell/sensation was an undeniable melding of the spirits.......a communication on a level way beyond what others will ever experience and certainly one will not soon forget IMHO. The following day trout fishing was even better than the previous two................That night was incredible. There is something dazzling about dancing firelight in the forests alone (yeah right ALONE) hahahahahaha Even the critters that come to check you out seem to know................hell some talk............ next time I'll take my flute with me..........

A

• MLBjammer, pharmer, riseabovethought and 4 others like this

#5 ChimX

ChimX

Spiritual Forager

• Free Member
  • 158 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:24 PM

Only once on my first grow, 2nd flush of B+.

Came home after work on a friday and the veils were tearing on 3 cakes. I harvested and took them into the bedroom in a glass bowl to show them off to my wife. Her eyes lit up and before I could even say anything she popped one in her mouth and asked "Can you eat them fresh like this?". "Apparently" I said, "So I guess we're eating mushrooms tonight?". She just grinned, grabbed another and started chomping away. "Tastes like fresh bread!" she exclaimed. She was right, they tasted entirely different from cracker dry ones. I don't know about fresh bread, but the brown musky taste was absent. She was a big fan anyway.

We'd clumsily split the contents of the bowl into two halves and I was struggling to keep up. She smacked her lips like she'd just finished off a lasagna and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, "Mmmm-good". After 20 years, she still cracks me up.

We didn't weigh it, but if I were pressed to guess, I'd say it was 125-150 wet grams.

I rushed off to the kitchen to wash the bowl and dishes. I darted around the house for a while making a mental list of trip needs. I grabbed candles, a comforter, water & tea. I put the patio in order and tossed pillows on lawn chairs. By the time I'd taken out the trash and emptied ashtrays I was feeling tingly. 'Gotta step on the gas...the planes leaving whether I'm strapped in or clinging to the landing gear'.

I kicked a pouting wife out of bed so I could straighten the comforter. I lit candles and killed lights. The tingly sensation had turned to fluffy warmth on my face and palms. 'Still enough time for a quick shower' I thought...Wrong.

Ceramic tiles are big throughout South America. Kitchen and bathroom floors & walls. Patios & porches. They're everywhere. I like the old ones from the 1950's-1970's. The ones in our bathroom were maybe 6"x6" beige and yellow identical squares, full of bulbous flowers and vines. The beige was probably a bright white back in the 1970s. And that's the last thought I had before drifting into one of them, sitting on the toilet with my pants around my ankles and my jaw on the floor.

I entirely skipped panic & fear, as I fell into a deep meditation on the radical implications of yellow as a mood and how some obscure tile designer could have had such a fiendishly phallic mind. In each corner, of each square, were obvious triangles covered with leafy pubic hair being penetrated by bulging stamens spurting dew drops. 'My...my bathroom is a floral fuckfest!'. I'd totally lost all sense of time and space because it took me several minutes to notice my wife peering down at me. "What are you on about?" she was laughing, "Our bathroom's a floral what?? ".

Good thing she decided to come in. I could have been there hours and probably was.

The bedroom would take me too long to relay, but it was beautiful. We listened to music for a couple of hours, meditated and drifted. We'd occasionally glance at each other and burst into fits of laughter when we stared too long. At one point she pointed up to a dream catcher on the ceiling, but all I saw was a stream of a thousand hands as she moved her arm across my field of vision. I finally caught the dream catcher, pulsing and alive in some fantastic dance as the fan beat against it. I turned to agree with her, but she'd drifted off into a trance of her own that I didn't dare break.

I'd go on, but don't want to bore anyone to death. I appreciate you having started the thread Riseabovethought. Reliving it, even for a moment, reminds me of how much she means and how much we've shared. May we all have a million more dreams together.

-ChimX

Edited by ChimX, 14 February 2017 - 10:48 PM.

• Sidestreet, riseabovethought, Stoned Angel and 5 others like this

#6 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:27 PM

My only experience with fresh picked was all about the physical feel good, well lets' say it was the dominant player.

My legs were tickling so much I was often falling down. Not an out of control drunken fall but just being unable to take that much tickling so it was easier just to let gravity resolve the matter.

Gotta do that again!

• ChimX, riseabovethought, Stoned Angel and 1 other like this

#7 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,416 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:41 PM

My only experience with fresh picked was all about the physical feel good, well lets' say it was the dominant player.

My legs were tickling so much I was often falling down. Not an out of control drunken fall but just being unable to take that much tickling so it was easier just to let gravity resolve the matter.

Gotta do that again!

I've given up on mobility because of the falling thing and opt instead for a nice comfy spot with provisions for a half a days journey. The right outdoor setting is my absolute favorite............

• Jeepster likes this

#8 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,759 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:59 PM

.. a fire and then I met many of the local forest spirits through the night. It was a big mushroom and the fresh taste/smell/sensation was an undeniable melding of the spirits.......a communication on a level way beyond what others will ever experience and certainly one will not soon forget IMHO. The following day trout fishing was even better than the previous two................That night was incredible. There is something dazzling about dancing firelight in the forests alone (yeah right ALONE) hahahahahaha Even the critters that come to check you out seem to know.

A

I like how you did it all alone.  How fucking cool!  At first I was thinking you were fishing with someone, but then realized you made your camp and fire and even while being alone, were never alone, not at all alone.  Wow.  Is that true?  How fucking cool.  I need a solo trip like that.

I mostly did mine alone, in the dark, but it probably wasnt as cool as yours with the fire and critters.  Man, that sounds fun. 

• Heirloom Spores likes this

#9 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,416 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:25 PM

Yes indeed...true...and in bear country as well.................seems like the forest beings, many of them anyway, want to talk all night...............ovoidians in their natural habitat........... human and fungi alike. I've had some very close encounters with the creatures of the forests at night. Owls, deer, raccoons, opossums, SKUNKS (yikes), mink and weasels, so many insects it's unbelievable, and yes, twice now, black bears............  :biggrin:  Probably not something for city folks (or maybe it is)  :meditate:

You ever see fields full of fireflies at night? Hear thousands of tree frogs calling out? Crickets and other insects singing their love songs? A pack of coyote's sending chilling yips and howls out into the night? Tripping balls? Oh man........Disney has no fucking clue.................hahahahahaha

Personally I'm way more comfortable in the wilderness than in any man made places, especially the cities. I don't run into the "machine elves" out there........I connect with the geometric animals, plants, and rocks.............you can hear things in the "noise" of the waterfalls or a babbling stream, the wind blowing a series of whispers through the pines, even the wild violent thunderstorms, and certainly the dancing embers and flames in the coals of the campfire..........I sleep like a baby out there.

A        

https://plus.google....806193897115986

Edited by Arathu, 15 February 2017 - 04:37 PM.

• riseabovethought, Skywatcher, Heirloom Spores and 1 other like this

#10 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,759 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:53 PM

^Beautiful stuff right there.  Makes me wanna go out in the forest right now!  -Reconnect to mother nature again, build a fire, :ph34r: setup camp, remind myself where I came from, and what my genes are made of, and find that inner peace... that I've been missing.  That sounds so much like home. :meditate:  Home sweet home.

Edited by riseabovethought, 15 February 2017 - 04:53 PM.

#11 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:01 PM

Those are awesome photos ! I have never seen a live firefly. After seeing those pictures, its definately going on the bucket list. Right along with seeing the Aurora.

#12 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,416 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:22 PM

Yeah man......Because it IS home.................... :meditate: and no one is EVER alone....IME we have to choose that..........

Where ever that is............

p.s. Tree frogs will sometimes sync up with a tempo played on a frame drum.......in the dark..............it's crazy........talking to the frogs..........hahahahaha

A

• Skywatcher likes this

#13 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,416 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

Those are awesome photos ! I have never seen a live firefly. After seeing those pictures, its definately going on the bucket list. Right along with seeing the Aurora.

Oh yeah.......................say hello to my little friends.................out and about.......

firefly_001.jpg  

Our fireflies make a show for most of the summer

firefly_002.jpg

And these of course are full spring time, finest greens out...... :biggrin:

Everyone should have camp spots like this..............and go regularly....

• Stoned Angel, Skywatcher and Lakegal7 like this

#14 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,657 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:42 PM

[Direct Link]

• ChimX and Stoned Angel like this

#15 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,416 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:05 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahaa............beautiful! No trouble tonight.................. hahahahaha................ Mr. Bear be my buddy....buddy bear...................bear dancing.........

A

#16 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,759 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:42 PM

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Okay, second freshy was a fucking giant.  I chomped it down.  Nom nom nom.  It was a horrible trip mostly, but it made me beg for mercy toward the end.  It made me see the decay in everything, the span of time a fungus knows compared to our split second of awareness in our lifetime.  I saw a lot of decay and death.  It was everywhere I looked.  It was sad.  

I wanted to do better with my wife.  She has to feel loved more.  I have to try harder to make her feel really loved.  I want her to feel more appreciated.  She tries so hard.  My little girl was sick too.  And it made me fear that something will inevitably happen to her, and I can only protect her for so long, after which she will likely get hurt, and eventually die.  Life is so fragile, especially our human lives.  I guess I was reminded of the fragility and shortness of life.  Just a glimpse of reality shrouded in man's made up stories, and smothered in cheese; a quick taste on the tip of our tongue is all we get, and then the floor drops out from beneath us.  

Anyway, it wasnt all bad, it was like Aya in lots of ways, very self- reflecting this time.  I think it will develop and accumulate inside my brain as I get more familiar with it.  I love experimenting with it over a period of time.  I have to slowly get used to its effects.  

Another thought I had was I did have freshies before!  I remembered picking some in college when we somehow stumbled onto a cow pasture somewhere or other.  And then, like this time, I noticed something peculiar about freshies versus dried.  I think its the clairvoyance.  The telepathic stuff works better.,  Freshies let you read peoples minds!  Woo hoo.  Unless they are being honest with you that is, and then theres nothing to read.  But if they are not, you can see the truth in them..through them...perfectly.  I dont think dried fruits have that effect.  Hey, come to think of it, maybe thats why you can communicate with the animals and forest critters after eating freshies.  Holy shit I gotta get out to the forest!  

Edited by riseabovethought, 16 February 2017 - 01:17 PM.

• Arathu, ChimX and Alder Logs like this

#17 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,416 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:59 PM

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Okay, second freshy was a fucking giant.  I chomped it down.  Nom nom nom.  It was a horrible trip mostly, but it made me beg for mercy toward the end.  It made me see the decay in everything, the span of time a fungus knows compared to our split second of awareness in our lifetime.  I saw a lot of decay and death.  It was everywhere I looked.  It was sad.  I wanted to do better with my wife.  She has to feel loved more.  I have to try harder to make her feel really loved.  I want her to feel more appreciated.  She tries so hard.  My little girl was sick too.  And it made me fear that something will inevitably happen to her, and I can only protect her for so long, afterwhich she will likely get hurt, and eventually die.  Life is so fragile, especially our human lives.  Anyway, it wasnt all bad, it was like Aya in lots of ways, very self- reflecting this time.  I think it will develop and accumulate inside my brain as I get more familiar with it.  I love experimenting with it over a period of time.  I have to slowly get used to its effects.  

Another thought I had was I did have freshies before!  I remembered picking some in college when we somehow stumbled onto a cow pasture somewhere or other.  And then, like this time, I noticed something peculiar about freshies versus dried.  I think its the clairvoyance.  The telepathic stuff works better.,  Freshies let you read peoples minds!  Woo hoo.  Unless they are being honest with you that is, and then theres nothing to read.  But if they are not, you can see the truth in them..through them...perfectly.  I dont think dried fruits have that effect.

Spirit of life is still in the fresh.............water is the common point.............. 

A

• riseabovethought likes this

#18 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,416 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

Awesome..........................fresh and living............

Aradia, Aradia! I implore
Thee by the love which she did bear for thee!
And by the love which I too feel for thee!
I pray thee grant the grace which I require!
And if this grace be granted, may there be
One of three signs distinctly clear to me:
    The hiss of a serpent,
    The light of a firefly,
    The sound of a frog!

A

• ChimX likes this

#19 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 574 posts

Donator

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:35 PM

I remember seeing the first fruits on my very first BRF cake; I was like "I actually did it!!!!!!" 

I didn't have a lot of mushrooms to eat, considering I only had like 1 or 2 cakes. 

For the trip I think I just hung out in my room and listened to music. I could have possibly went out with friends that night.

Either way, success was in the air! 

• riseabovethought likes this

#20 archersmark

archersmark

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:13 PM

Trout fishing for a four day weekend...........2nd afternoon low and behold along the stream some babies growing...(spring time trout fishing).......I grabbed a large fresh ovoid from a log........A meaty dwarf with intense smell and shape........and so there among them made my camp and a fire and then I met many of the local forest spirits through the night. It was a big mushroom and the fresh taste/smell/sensation was an undeniable melding of the spirits.......a communication on a level way beyond what others will ever experience and certainly one will not soon forget IMHO. The following day trout fishing was even better than the previous two................That night was incredible. There is something dazzling about dancing firelight in the forests alone (yeah right ALONE) hahahahahaha Even the critters that come to check you out seem to know................hell some talk............ next time I'll take my flute with me..........

A

What kind of flute Arathu?  I used to make native american flutes a long time ago :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!