#21 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Gold VIP
  • 498 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:48 PM

WOW!  I don't seem to get notifications predictably and I almost missed all this great info.  thank you guys so much.  I now get the 2-stage evaporation thing, that was making me scratch my head a bit.  I'm doing teensy pulls and hardly any evaporation required now but I'm so glad to understand the original tek, I knew there had to be a reason.

And double wow for the dirty solvent extraction idea, can't wait to try that.

@Final, that link about Lye wasn't what I was expecting (thought it was going to be lab safety)- very interesting especially as I have been thinking about opsec.  I just paid cash for a small container of drain cleaner at a large hardware store, while manifesting my Suburban Mum form so I'm not too worried but Imma be a lot more careful about everything else I do.

you guys are the best.

#22 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,720 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:08 AM

You can evaporate very quickly using a vacuum pump, however one safety concern is that you don't want to get concentrated naptha vapor into you vacuum pump head, as it could ignite under pressure, and the heat of the pump head.

I still think dumping the goo back into the next round about extraction allows you to pull more spice, but the ultra ice bath sounds like an interesting method I will have to try. Great info. Let's keep it going with improved techniques!
  • scott_1971_h likes this

#23 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 554 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:01 AM

There are water venturi pumps for flammable stuff like naptha. 

• tailsmcsnails likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!