30 replies to this topic

#1 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

Welcome to my rabbit hole.

You ever notice how you don't get any calls for a  week then BOOM one two, three , four calls in a row.  Most people notice this to some extent.  Some more than others.  I've probably paid attention to this way to much.

I've noticed this in various forms throughout my life.  One is selling things.  We all do things to make money.  I sell things.  One of the things I sell is worms.  Yes worms.  You won't get rich off it but it used to be easy money .  Not so much now.  I don't know maybe everyone just buys the shit off the internet or maybe composting your food waste was a fad.

But it was the damndest thing.  And this happened for years.  I wouldn't get any calls for literally a month or two.  Not one related call.  Then BOOM one, two , three or more in a row.  Sometimes less than a minute apart.  Phone rings, I'm on the way to the basement to get worms and ring a ding someone else wants them.  After a couple months of silence.  Huh.  I've really wracked my brain trying to figure this out.  Is it weather?  I know people buy more in the spring for sure.  But in the dead of winter to get two or three calls within minutes of each other?

Another is people watching.  I've lived a lot of my life 'apart' I guess you'd say from most people.  Partly living as a beach bum partly living in the woods in a tent away from people.  I really just don't like people in general when you get right down to it.  The weirdest thing I took away from living in remote areas was how people would show up at certain locations at the same time.  Like say you sit on a beach.  No one for hours and hours then BOOM lines of people start flooding the beach.  People that don't know each other.  At odd times too.  These are remote places so its not like they all just got out of the movie letting out across the street.  And they definitely love to 'flock' all sitting on the same spot of sand when the beach is empty for miles.

These are just a couple of instances.  And this is much more than the human minds need to see patterns in things.  Gestalt theory is one such theory that says the mind makes patterns where none exist.  But it can't be that as the coincidences I speak of defy all mathematical probabilities.

Some people have told me its my 'dream time' spirit or whatever reminding me that life is all an illusion.  Some people have said its string theory whatever that means.  Some people have said it means absolutely nothing.  Which may be the closest to the truth.

#2 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:05 PM

I've also found that the mushrooms seem to create some sort of 'emotional gravity' .  What I mean by that is that by ingesting it seems to become unavoidable to have people sink into my gravity.  It doesn't matter if I go out in some out of the way place someone seems to come bumping along at the very last time I want to interact with someone.

The first time I noticed this was at a resort job I was working.  Some shrooms came though and I was sitting outside my dorm room late at night and this super hot chick came up and started talking to me.  A woman that had completely blown me off for all intents and purposes.

I rarely if ever get really high on shrooms for just this reason.  My use although frequent is almost always micro doses for various health benefits.  I know that if I turn off the phone, shut the drapes, lock the doors and dose someone is gonna come over and start fuckking with me.  It happens every time.  It actually is one way I test the strength of the shrooms.  I test them to see if they have an 'attraction effect' as I've come to call it.

#3 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,124 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:36 PM

I dunno..................if I want to cloak and hide I can do that and if I want attract I can do that too..............sounds to me like you're attracting even if it's subconscious to your waking ego............... ????? 

Just a thought..........

A

• Skywatcher and Jeepster like this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,457 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:33 PM

For me, when I was in my early twenties, going through my acid phase, it got to seem like there was a cop in every trip I took.  Not all the cops were real, mind you, but even having imaginary ones coming around really sucked.   One time, a brutish cop was repeatedly bouncing my tripping buddy, Jim, off the hood of his car, while his partner stood with me and we watched.....   Perhaps I should elaborate.

We were tripping in his house on orange sunshine in the LA burbs.  It was some good strong 1970 acid.  When we were past peak, but still somewhat out there, we decided at about midnight to go to the Copper Penny Restaurant and have some coffee.  We were in his GTO and in the shopping center parking lot, he chirped his tires just for fun, going into a parking spot.  Just after we got out of the car, an LA County Sheriff's cruiser pulled into the lot like we had just robbed a bank.   They were on us in a second.  

Jim was the produce manager of a supermarket and he always carried joints to work in this little Sucrets tin.  This big oaf of a cop with a New Jersey accent starts giving him a bunch of shit for basically nothing.  The partner was not as big and aggressive, and the two of us just stood there and watched the whole episode.  Jim got the bad cop and I got the good cop. 

So, bad cop wants to search his car (no reasonable cause, whatsoever).  Jim gave permission and was polite.  The trunk got opened and the back seat cushion came out.  The jockey box in the console wouldn't open and Jim explains that it will not open, says, with a smile, "If you can get it open, I'll bless you."  The Jersey boy gives up on the console box and goes through the glove box.  Then he tells Jim to, "spread 'em, hands on the hood."  He doesn't frisk, but goes straight into his pockets, pulls out the Sucrets tin and opens it.  He holds it up in Jim's face and asks, "what's dis, grass?"  There was a little flake and dust that had fallen out of some reefers in there, and that was it.  When he put it up under Jim's nose, Jim went, "FWOOF," and blew the can clean and empty.  

That's when the cop went nutzo.  He grabbed Jim by the shoulders and started bouncing his head off the hood of the car.  Jim was not a big guy at all and his fairly long hair was streaming.   I was still tripping hard enough to be watching trails come off Jim as he went up and down against the hood.   Then the cop tells Jim he could arrest him for destroying evidence. (What evidence?)   Soon after some lecturing, they let us both go in and have our coffee.  

For me, I never did DMT, and so, missed out on the elves, but acid nearly always had a cop or two.

• Spooner, OysterFarmer, Jeepster and 1 other like this

#5 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• OG VIP
  • 1,560 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:32 PM

This one is for Jim and you then Alder.

Hitch hiking through Alabama about '67 or so, Bobby Fountain gets picked up, frisked,and has one last joint, a tab of acid, and a couple bucks in his pocket, so he is handcuffed and put in the cruiser.  Bobby keeps mostly quiet and listens to the speech about how much trouble he is in.  One joint is just a Misdemeanor but the acid is a Felony explains the cop.  

When they get to the station, Bobby is marched up to the booking desk and the Sargent asks, "Well what do we have here?"  The arresting officer lays the evidence on the desk and says, "Sarge we got a misdemeanor, a felony, and 24 dollars eighty-five cents just passing through but he didn't give me any trouble".  Bobby had noticed a cigarette machine in the corner on his way in, and politely asks if the cop will take the 85 cents and buy him a pack of smokes since his hands are still cuffed behind his back.   Sarge says, "He didn't give you any trouble so I guess that's OK".  So the arresting officer takes the money and heads for the cigarette machine, and quick as a wink Bobby leans over, licks the felony off the table and swallows it.  

Sarge yells, "He just ate your Felony!".  The arresting officer runs back, whips out the rubber gloves, makes Bobby open his mouth, and searches for the acid, but it has already gone past the long arm of the law.  For you and me that is the end of the story, but for Bobby it was just the beginning of a very long trip, and in the morning all that was left was a simple Misdemeanor.

• Myc, Arathu, Alder Logs and 3 others like this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,457 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:16 PM

A joint was only a misdemeanor in Alabama in '67?   It was the old, 'easier to ask for forgiveness than permission' bit, eh?  I bet the set and setting could have been better.  The jailers got to see a dangerous drug in operation.

• Spooner likes this

#7 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

I dunno..................if I want to cloak and hide I can do that and if I want attract I can do that too..............sounds to me like you're attracting even if it's subconscious to your waking ego............... ????? 

Just a thought..........

A

Well that's kinda the point.  But how do you turn it off or on as the case may be?  There seems to be some powerful force at work.  If I could learn to manage this force I would think it could have a great influence on my life.

I used to be really into Buddhism.  One of my friends thinks that my 'third eye' or whatever opened and didn't shut properly.  I've heard that there are dangers to pursing intensive meditative practices without the benefit of a teacher.  So it could be something like that?

#8 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:48 PM

For me, when I was in my early twenties, going through my acid phase, it got to seem like there was a cop in every trip I took.  Not all the cops were real, mind you, but even having imaginary ones coming around really sucked.   One time, a brutish cop was repeatedly bouncing my tripping buddy, Jim, off the hood of his car, while his partner stood with me and we watched.....   Perhaps I should elaborate.

We were tripping in his house on orange sunshine in the LA burbs.  It was some good strong 1970 acid.  When we were past peak, but still somewhat out there, we decided at about midnight to go to the Copper Penny Restaurant and have some coffee.  We were in his GTO and in the shopping center parking lot, he chirped his tires just for fun, going into a parking spot.  Just after we got out of the car, an LA County Sheriff's cruiser pulled into the lot like we had just robbed a bank.   They were on us in a second.  

Jim was the produce manager of a supermarket and he always carried joints to work in this little Sucrets tin.  This big oaf of a cop with a New Jersey accent starts giving him a bunch of shit for basically nothing.  The partner was not as big and aggressive, and the two of us just stood there and watched the whole episode.  Jim got the bad cop and I got the good cop. 

So, bad cop wants to search his car (no reasonable cause, whatsoever).  Jim gave permission and was polite.  The trunk got opened and the back seat cushion came out.  The jockey box in the console wouldn't open and Jim explains that it will not open, says, with a smile, "If you can get it open, I'll bless you."  The Jersey boy gives up on the console box and goes through the glove box.  Then he tells Jim to, "spread 'em, hands on the hood."  He doesn't frisk, but goes straight into his pockets, pulls out the Sucrets tin and opens it.  He holds it up in Jim's face and asks, "what's dis, grass?"  There was a little flake and dust that had fallen out of some reefers in there, and that was it.  When he put it up under Jim's nose, Jim went, "FWOOF," and blew the can clean and empty.  

That's when the cop went nutzo.  He grabbed Jim by the shoulders and started bouncing his head off the hood of the car.  Jim was not a big guy at all and his fairly long hair was streaming.   I was still tripping hard enough to be watching trails come off Jim as he went up and down against the hood.   Then the cop tells Jim he could arrest him for destroying evidence. (What evidence?)   Soon after some lecturing, they let us both go in and have our coffee.  

For me, I never did DMT, and so, missed out on the elves, but acid nearly always had a cop or two.

I've wondered too if emotional/spiritual vampires can literally pick up on are state.  I've got such a shitty living situation now its like I'm almost afraid to allow myself to get into a good mood as then some shit will go down.  Pretty sad huh?

Its really fucked how this war on drugs allowed for all the inhumanity to exist in this world.  Brutalizing people for a plant.  One which is now legal in at least half the states in some way.  I live about two blocks from a pot shop right now in fact.  But they sure are giving up the war slowly.  I actually 'sell' seeds on Craigslist not for the money but mostly to get MORE people growing .  And so they don't have to pay a hundred bucks for ten seeds.  Partly because I think its the right thing to do but also to fuck with all the pigs that fucked with me for years and years over absolutely nothing.  Creeping in my backyard.  Hiding in the bushes.  All for a few plants in my closet that I smoked myself.

And yet I still regularly get messages from people that I can only surmise are cops.  Like can you sell me some weed?  Which isn't legal of course without a license, shop, etc.  When fucking shops are OPEN right down the street.  Its either someone absolutely incredibly stupid or a cop.  Or calling me asking for magic mushrooms.  I have completely legit mushroom business and it really pisses me off they'd go to such lengths to manufacture a case against a complete stranger. 

I also live next to a biker gang and even though I can't stand the fuckers I think there is guilt by association.  Surveilance vans parked out front all the time, etc. etc.  People showing up to buy garden planst in the spring and out of the blue going...got any weeeeeeeeeeeeed bro.  Then not even buying anything.  On and on.

And yet I've called 911 and not even had them show up.  AT all.

Edited by OysterFarmer, 17 February 2017 - 05:58 PM.

• tailsmcsnails likes this

#9 Myc

Myc

Myc - o 'Topia

• App Administrator
  • 4,957 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:22 PM

Just a thought..........

A

Well that's kinda the point.  But how do you turn it off or on as the case may be?  There seems to be some powerful force at work.  If I could learn to manage this force I would think it could have a great influence on my life.

I used to be really into Buddhism.  One of my friends thinks that my 'third eye' or whatever opened and didn't shut properly.  I've heard that there are dangers to pursing intensive meditative practices without the benefit of a teacher.  So it could be something like that?

I believe these things surprise us as odd because we've been taught to dissociate or rather, to see ourselves as separate from natural cycles.

Birds migrate. 

How do they do it so effectively with no verbal, complex communications?

What highway signs do they use to arrive at their destination? GPS? OnStar?

I don't think we can turn it on or off any more than we can do so with vision, hearing, etc.

I think there is a vast ocean of energy - the aether.

That being said, I don't see us so much controlling the ocean. Instead, I think its more practical to become proficient at surfing. 

Edited by Myc, 17 February 2017 - 06:23 PM.

• Arathu, Skywatcher and OysterFarmer like this

#10 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,457 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2017 - 07:05 PM

I've heard that there are dangers to pursing intensive meditative practices without the benefit of a teacher.

My master, Sri Mooji, says that no thought is self employed.   With his guidance, I have come to see how thoughts are just thoughts.  They're not even 'my' thoughts.   The only energy they have is the energy they get from my interest in them.   I would suggest you might spend some time just watching and listening to Mooji, who just started a month of streamed and posted videos from Rishikesh, India yesterday.   I will be watching all of them as they are posted, if I can't make it for the streaming (which doesn't always work with my DSL line).  He helps me have the discernment to know I am not all the shit that arises in my mind, as I was conditioned to believe I was for most of my life.   He might just be able to show you how your mind can be a servant, rather than a master.   He's pretty damned good at that.

The truth is simple.  The seeker of truth is complex.

~Mooji

I haven't watched this yet, but I'm going to start right now.  He is there for free, with the simple truth.

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 17 February 2017 - 09:41 PM.

• Skywatcher, OysterFarmer, Jeepster and 1 other like this

#11 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:37 PM

I'm already pretty well versed in Buddhism but I'm willing to consider anything at this point.

• Alder Logs likes this

#12 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,709 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:58 AM

I find that "expectations", both conscious and unconscious, have a direct effect on what I experience. It is more than just synchronicity. The energy we expend on our intentful expectations points us to experience what we believe we will, even if this is not a concious thought process.

When I practice Augary, I would see and percieve nothing if I did not fully expect that results and communication will be there, I simply just need to look with an unformed conclusion, while fully expecting I will recognise the signs as they are shown.

You may find this lesson on stalking fluidity of interest OysterFarmer, or perhaps at least illustrative of ways to change your expectations of given results.

http://www.shamansca...alking-fluidity

• Myc, Alder Logs, Heirloom Spores and 2 others like this

#13 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,124 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:47 AM

Personally I practice magic.........At it's simplest, four base exercises, four basic workings (does not mean less powerful just fundamental), learned by doing until they become like breathing allow me to choose (for the most part as I'm very much still a human stumbling through this life just like everyone else) what level of exposure I offer. There are definitely psychic vampires and entities that feed on emotions and our energies. I have to pick up on it and act BEFORE I let it get to me else I get trapped in the exchange......There are also people that do the exact same things both consciously and unconsciously. In fact one of my favorite little workings involves not just shielding but returning the crap to the sender..... a mirroring/return to sender.......and then going about my own business.

Of course one must believe in what they are doing, deeply................

I don't know perhaps you are marked or seen as prey or an easy target or something, if things are as you say........ If I really want to be left alone I put on my "Chestnut Suit" , I'm sure a barrel cactus visualization would be as effective but I'm in Chestnut country.......try fucking around with one of those bad boys.................. :biggrin:  

640px-Chestnut-salina.JPG

Wanna keep people from "touching"............be a nut......... just one of my ways of doing things.........

Centering - Grounding - Shielding (or an even more deliberate focused blocking)

Centering - Grounding- Opening (or an even more deliberate absorbing, attracting)

In any case the focus of the will, concentration, emotions, and deliberate intent are paramount.

At the end of the day you could just simply be surrounded by assholes............and misery LOVES company...........

I wish you well Oyster..........

A

Edited by Arathu, 18 February 2017 - 10:00 AM.

• Skywatcher and Heirloom Spores like this

#14 Myc

Myc

Myc - o 'Topia

• App Administrator
  • 4,957 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:30 AM

This ^^^ reminds me of TVCasualty's "Jedi mind tricks". I've never commented but I know exactly how it works.

Just like the thing I said about not being able to turn our senses "off' or "on".........

I'm not so sure using our abilities is necessarily "magic" in the modern, common sense of the word. 

We all had to crawl before we could walk. I'm guessing that this body is the crawling stage of some greater process.

So when thinking of abilities - an athlete has highly developed muscular discipline because he focuses his efforts and trains. Perhaps a "magician" has recognized and begun to develop otherwise hidden talents in a similar way.

Another way of thinking of this is in terms of music. Some folks just naturally seem addicted to creating music. Others could care less. I feel the same applies to all of our abilities. 

The article Skywatcher linked is well worth anyone's time. 

• Skywatcher and Heirloom Spores like this

#15 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

I practice

• OG VIP
  • 3,042 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:36 AM

Many people have confirmed what I believe our thoughts are powerful and can be projected.

I was waiting at a dr.'s office a few months ago and there was a woman with a toddler and people were trying to inter in a positive way with the child and mother . They were trying to ease their discomfort of being around strangers. I had good thoughts about the kid and then the kid stood up looked at me and danced . I thought the kid picked up on my comfort and the good vibes I had all without talking. I was glad I got called right after that as I didn't want any strained small talk with the others there.

I felt that if I told them why and how they would think this long hair is crazy, thinking his thoughts can have an effect on others around him.
  • Myc, Skywatcher and tailsmcsnails like this

#16 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,124 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:39 AM

I'm not so sure using our abilities is necessarily "magic" in the modern, common sense of the word.

I'm not sure that it should be called "magic" in that sense either...........I used the term and the concept is just linguistically anchored there I suppose. I think it's part of the total package but, like emotional maturity in most of humanity, undeveloped................... IMHO

A

• Myc and tailsmcsnails like this

#17 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,124 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:03 AM

I'm of course out of likes...........................but you all knew that................... :biggrin:

And you start with ritual..............

Great stuff Skye! Definitely worth the time and study..............but most importantly PRACTICE...........nothing of value is coming without serious hard work.............IMHO

• Skywatcher likes this

#18 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:34 PM

I've heard that there are dangers to pursing intensive meditative practices without the benefit of a teacher.

My master, Sri Mooji, says that no thought is self employed.   With his guidance, I have come to see how thoughts are just thoughts.  They're not even 'my' thoughts.   The only energy they have is the energy they get from my interest in them.   I would suggest you might spend some time just watching and listening to Mooji, who just started a month of streamed and posted videos from Rishikesh, India yesterday.   I will be watching all of them as they are posted, if I can't make it for the streaming (which doesn't always work with my DSL line).  He helps me have the discernment to know I am not all the shit that arises in my mind, as I was conditioned to believe I was for most of my life.   He might just be able to show you how your mind can be a servant, rather than a master.   He's pretty damned good at that.

The truth is simple.  The seeker of truth is complex.

~Mooji

I haven't watched this yet, but I'm going to start right now.  He is there for free, with the simple truth.

[Direct Link]

Well whatever works for you man. I couldn't watch that.  When that dude started crying was when my too much limit was reached.

He seems like a lot of those Guru types.  Says a lot of great sounded things without ever really saying anything at all.  Sprinkled with bits of true Buddhist and other spiritual teachings he has read and picked up along the way.

At first I thought he was a Hari Krishna or a Rajneesh but that doesn't seem to be the case.  So I researched him.  Maybe you could too.  If you did you'd see that tons have been written about his cult.  And that is all it is.  Just another cult.

Edited by OysterFarmer, 18 February 2017 - 04:14 PM.

#19 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:27 PM

I find that "expectations", both conscious and unconscious, have a direct effect on what I experience. It is more than just synchronicity. The energy we expend on our intentful expectations points us to experience what we believe we will, even if this is not a concious thought process.

When I practice Augary, I would see and percieve nothing if I did not fully expect that results and communication will be there, I simply just need to look with an unformed conclusion, while fully expecting I will recognise the signs as they are shown.

You may find this lesson on stalking fluidity of interest OysterFarmer, or perhaps at least illustrative of ways to change your expectations of given results.

http://www.shamansca...alking-fluidity

I think that is why prayer works.  Sometimes at least.  Because it puts intent onto your mission.  And why it works for basically anyone whatever their religious background.  Sometimes.

I seldom pray anymore.  Maybe I should.  I used to but it just seemed after a while that no one was listening and I was just talking into the darkness.

#20 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:02 PM

Personally I practice magic.........At it's simplest, four base exercises, four basic workings (does not mean less powerful just fundamental), learned by doing until they become like breathing allow me to choose (for the most part as I'm very much still a human stumbling through this life just like everyone else) what level of exposure I offer. There are definitely psychic vampires and entities that feed on emotions and our energies. I have to pick up on it and act BEFORE I let it get to me else I get trapped in the exchange......There are also people that do the exact same things both consciously and unconsciously. In fact one of my favorite little workings involves not just shielding but returning the crap to the sender..... a mirroring/return to sender.......and then going about my own business.

Of course one must believe in what they are doing, deeply................

I don't know perhaps you are marked or seen as prey or an easy target or something, if things are as you say........ If I really want to be left alone I put on my "Chestnut Suit" , I'm sure a barrel cactus visualization would be as effective but I'm in Chestnut country.......try fucking around with one of those bad boys.................. :biggrin:  

attachicon.gif640px-Chestnut-salina.JPG

Wanna keep people from "touching"............be a nut......... just one of my ways of doing things.........

Centering - Grounding - Shielding (or an even more deliberate focused blocking)

Centering - Grounding- Opening (or an even more deliberate absorbing, attracting)

In any case the focus of the will, concentration, emotions, and deliberate intent are paramount.

At the end of the day you could just simply be surrounded by assholes............and misery LOVES company...........

I wish you well Oyster..........

A

The Buddha told this story of going to a village and being stoned.  He told them in the last village they offered us delicious food but we couldn't accept due to fasting time.  So they of course ate the food themselves.  And so it is with hate and anger.  If you do not accept it the sender will eat it themselves.

Not sure I get the chestnut idea but I have tried various sorts of shielding and haven't found it effective.

I feel partly why I attract so much is that these people are mentally week.  Emotionally week.  Spiritually week.  So they seek out stronger sources but instead of coming to listen they come to talk.  So no relationship can occur.  Which only causes suffering.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!